Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Skeeter Screens  (Read 1020 times)
yankeeflyer
« on: June 23, 2013, 07:26:07 am »

Came across this site.Thought others might be interested,it would be nice to open the front windows.. http://theskeeterbeater.com/products/Yosemite.html
Sparky
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 39
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 12/12
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2008
Slide: No
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 10:40:32 am »

Hmmm,, great ideal,,, I might just make my own though,,,oh great another project.
David Sparks
2008 PC 2350
Houston
yankeeflyer
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 12:11:20 pm »

Dave,
    If you make four of them,I'll buy two for myself.Just as soon give you the money! Cheers
Sparky
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 01:47:03 pm »

Maybe,,, unit is in storage right now,,, i'm bringing it home  mid July to start my summer projects, I'm redoing the oven, window shields, toilet, putting a vent on the roof, cleaning the roof, hooking up a fan,,have already got all the stuff for those,,( will post all the results and pictures later)
,  making the window screens would be pretty simple ( I think haha)    I have some extra screen material,,, will look at it    looks like just measure the size, fold over extra for putting in some magnets and bingo,,, however,,, you need enough magnets to hold the screen and not leak (bugs) yet be able to fold them up...  if your in a hurry go ahead and buy them...  I'm doing a window shield project for all the windows, bought some materials,, went out to storage to run the genie,,, played around with the windows , and figured out will have to do some more work on my shields were I am going to attach them to the windows when in use,,, it's never simple hahah... probably will hold true for those screens,, looks easy until you try it   matter of fact I'm bored and it's hot  think I will go get some of that screen and play around with while I sit in the AC haha
David Sparks
2008 PC 2350
Houston, Texas

you got me think I started browsing around   look at this  http://www.adcoprod.com/Class_C_Windshield_Covers

I thought I had seen these before,, look like you could rig a flap at the pass/driver window and put a screen in there ,, you also get the effect of blocking that sun from the front going to do some more research
BGolden

Helpful Rating: 20
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: January 2008
IntColor: Maple/Beige
ExtColor: White
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 03:13:29 pm »

Came across this site.Thought others might be interested,it would be nice to open the front windows..

Hey yankeeflyer,

can you tell how I can get that PEI Red Dirt off of PC.?????   Help 2 years and I'm still chipping it of

Bill G

Bill and Karen Golden
yankeeflyer
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 05:36:37 pm »

I try to stay off those dirt roads!!Once that red dirt gets under the PC,it's there forever!! Cowboy
yankeeflyer
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 05:46:40 pm »

Dave,
   Looked at those Adco covers also.However,I have a windscreen reflector on the inside of the windshield now and would like to keep the side view open if possible.Not sure if that will be my final solution but for now I'd like to try the insect screens.
Sparky
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 07:00:52 pm »

Understand,, one of my goals is to reduce the amount of heat coming into the unit,, other day I was exercising genie, had ac on very comfortable working inside RV,, had a thermometer on the dashboard, read 120 degrees and it was not that hot outside, ( 88 to 91)   I was thinking if you used that cover, sewed in some screen for the windows with a flap you would really help that heat transfer... even with an inside screen, the curtain we have inside your still have that heat at the windshield.  We really do not RV in the summer,,,  have been out when it's high 80's low 90's  during the day,,,,  the RV inside has been find no problem,,,, my wife can not handle the heat at all,,, so once it gets warm it limits your activities,,, went Alaska last year,, left late august,, it was wonderful,, very cool,, had some snow,, no bugs, but during the day outstanding,, had to run the heater at night...now that' my kind of weather..
yankeeflyer
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 11:08:21 am »

And the final solution is............the Adco Cover with built in screens!!Should arrive on Thur. Thanks,All  ThankYou
Anne and Bob

Helpful Rating: 9
________
PurchDate: May 21, 2012
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2013, 05:36:46 pm »

When we bought our 2551 last year we also bought the windshield and side window covers from Phoenix.  They are that black mesh that you can see out but people cannot see in.  When we are camping we leave the windows down with the covers on the outside.  Don't get any bugs inside but do get a nice breeze.  AND they are made to fit the PC and look great.  We have the black ones.

Anne and Bob
2551 PC
Still in Yuma, AZ (NOT camping) at 116 in the shade!!!
ge_montana

Helpful Rating: 6
________
PurchDate: January 4, 2012
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
IntColor: green
ExtColor: green half
________

I love Photography, sailing and fishing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2013, 07:01:28 am »

We purchased this at Camperworld for $49.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/ford-350-450-with-mirror-cut-outs-1996-2012-deluxe-class-c-windshield-covers/49881

It is a full windshield cover and had roll downs sides that have a screen. It works perfect, at night we just roll up the side windows, but during the day can roll the windown down and catch the wind.

Goes on easy, and also has a roll down on the front screen that during the day we can roll down, but you cannot see in.

Greg Matthews
2010 2551S
Tampa

Greg Matthews
Photographer
EastOfYellowstone.com
BGolden

Helpful Rating: 20
________
PurchDate: January 2008
IntColor: Maple/Beige
ExtColor: White
________

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2013, 07:20:58 pm »

yankeeflyer

Your post with link came at the right time. My original Adco Booty needs to be replaced.  I like the fact that your new one has the screens.

Thanks
Bill Golden    ThumbsUp

Bill and Karen Golden
keelhauler

Helpful Rating: 32
________
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Sunlit Maple
ExtColor: Sunlit - no paint
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2013, 03:33:33 pm »

Free Shipping from Amazon.com . A little cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/Adco-2507-Windshield-Cover-Ford/dp/B003YJK5FY/ref=pd_sbs_auto_6

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: