Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sound Bar Added  (Read 622 times)
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 319
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 10/17/11
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2013, 05:59:54 pm »

When we ordered our PCs we did not have the sound system installed since we had some of our own entertainment equipment that we wanted to use.  The Visio TV we intalled has front speakers but like all sound on flat screen TVs it was somewhat tinny.  So we opted to install a sound bar.  We bought the RCA sound bar at Target for under $80.  It fit perfectly over the door.  We went camping last week and tested everyithing out.  It works great.  The sound bar gives the audio from the TV a surround sound and fills up the whole motorhome.  It also has an input so you can attach your MP3 player or iphone.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 09:39:00 pm by Barry-Sue » Logged

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
Denny & Barb

Helpful Rating: 26
________
PurchDate: 4-08-2012
Model: 2350 Ford
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

Medicine Bow, Wy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 08:10:59 pm »

Thanks as we opted also  to forego  the intertainement system and TV as we had our own.  But  we could use a bit more sound.

Your Word or Lord is a light to my feet and a lantern to my path...  Ps 119
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 81
________
PurchDate: May 2013
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 08:02:36 am »

How did you mount it? We got the sound system in our PC so we have speakers galore but were thinking of putting a shelf/ledge thing up there to hold flashlights, binoculars, etc. Similar to another post where someone said they took their valances off the windows and mounted one upside down above the door. I'm not moving the valances but would like something above the door to hold the "stuff" that we like to keep handy. 

John, Holly, Chloe & Snickers (The "nanny' cat)

Plan at least three years on the road - living, laughing, working and playing in the PC.
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 319
________
PurchDate: 10/17/11
Model: 2551
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 10:04:13 am »

Holly,

I used Scotch removable clear mounting squares as shown here http://www.target.com/p/3m-scotch-removable-clear-mounting-squares-35-ct/-/A-13356394#prodSlot=dlp_medium_1_4&term=double+sided+adhesive

Since it was on the vinyl I was hesitant to use the command strips.  These little squares worked great on the vinyl and if I need to I can peel them off without pulling at the vinyl.  I was really surprised how good they adhered because I had tried them previously on wood and they did not stick that well.   I only had to use one square under each foot of the sound bar and we traveled a few hundred miles without any movement of the bar.   If you can mount what you need against the back part (wall) above the door I have used velcro and command strips with no problem.    

Sue
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 06:25:12 pm by Barry-Sue » Logged

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 81
________
PurchDate: May 2013
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 01:27:31 pm »

Thank you Sue! I will post any successes... and maybe failures if they don't number too many. We've already forgotten that we've perched sunglasses and headlamps up there but were quickly reminded when they zinged across the room on a turn. So far no damage to the stowed items or the parts of the RV that helped "catch" them but a little railing type shelf would cut down on the flying objects.

Holly

John, Holly, Chloe & Snickers (The "nanny' cat)

Plan at least three years on the road - living, laughing, working and playing in the PC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: