Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Any good campgrounds between Elkhart IN and Potosky MI  (Read 503 times)
frecklestweety

Helpful Rating: 2
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 12/2012
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
IntColor: BROWN/BEIGE
ExtColor: WHT/TAN
________

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2013, 09:01:15 pm »

Presently staying in Shipshewana Campground in Shipshewana IN and it is great. Very Clean and level sites.  Its almost 290 miles between Here and Potosky.  Will be leaving here Tuesday to stop in PC Elkhart Factory for some minor repairs in the morning and will leave there to head north to MI.   Thought about going straight to Potosky and staying a couple of extra days before the reunion.2n
Any suggestions from those traveling this way....? 
    Left home on the 22nd and have been to Portersville Pa and then on to Sandusky OHio and now here.  Sandusky camp is a passport america camp. they need to update their showers and do some update in the camp. Campsites were all grass  and pretty level and the mosquitoes were biting. Bear Creek Campground in Portersville Pa was a great camp and I would stay there again. 
  Looking forward to the reunion.  Heart Shower
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 193
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 08:10:20 am »

Have you ever been to Mackinac Island, Mi.?

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
frecklestweety

Helpful Rating: 2
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 12/2012
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
IntColor: BROWN/BEIGE
ExtColor: WHT/TAN
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 09:14:42 am »

Have you ever been to Mackinac Island, Mi.?
Plan to go there with the PC campers at reunion
Bob Mahon
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 60
________
PurchDate: 6/2011
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Tan/Gray/Cherry
ExtColor: Lower Slate Gray
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 10:25:55 am »

We've stayed at the KOA in Petosky and found it to be quite nice. I believe there may be a truck-mounted RV washing/polishing service there that does a nice job cleaning/waxing the entire coach. We used it with success.
Enjoy your trip.

Carry on, regardless..................
"In God we trust" to save our country and bring our troops safely home.
JackD

Helpful Rating: 24
________
PurchDate: May 2012
Model: 2350 Sprinter
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Platinum
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 10:53:42 am »

We are currently in a State Park in the UP that is very nice,
With elec. but no water or dump at the site- there are a number of them in the area if you can get along with just elec.
Look forward to seeing you all in Petrosky.
Jack
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 90
________
PurchDate: May 2013
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 08:47:19 pm »

I know this is probably too late to help FrecklesTweety but we are sitting in the Covenant Hills Campground in Otisville, MI. I believe we are within 25 miles of Frankenmuth where we will be playing tomorrow with the help of our Toad (which is FINALLY rigged and rolling with us). With our Passport America membership, it should be $16.00 a night and it looks like they are all full hook ups. We'll see if that rate holds true when we complete check in tomorrow morning. We arrived after their 4:00 closing. They told us on the phone to just pick a site, set up and register in the morning. We did a walk-about of the camp and it looks like it is a full fledged summer camp merged with an RV park. I find myself hoping the climbing wall and zip line are not closed for the season. The giant bouncy thing in the lake looks like I could have fun seriously hurting myself also. Our site is nicely wooded. It is not TOTALLY level but not bad and a little tweaking of the jacks got us level. They have what looked like fairly level, graveled, pull through sites with a modern bath house in another loop but with full hook ups we'll probably shower in our rig. There are lots of sites, some sun, some shade, some near playgrounds, some tucked away in the woods. It's the type of camp we like. The camp is about 12 miles off the highway (23?? 75??) - I don't know where we are except somewhere north of Flint and south of Frankenmuth.  We'll be here two nights then on to Petoskey!

John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Spiritofthewoods.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: