Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Propane/carbon monoxide detector  (Read 481 times)
dickreid1

Helpful Rating: 38
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: Feb. 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
________

All 48 States, boarder Provinces and Maritimes

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2013, 11:01:24 pm »

Before we left for our summer tour we heard beeping in the house that traced to our 2910D stored next to the house.  The LP/CO detector was signalling failure... again!  This is number three since our unit was born.  We currently are using number four. 

The nice folks at PC confirmed that the hook-up was correct but had no suggestions as to what may be causing so many failures. Neither did Atwood Mobile Products, LLC the seller of the unit.

To my best recollection the failures happened when on shore power.  Therefore, on the possibility of some sort of electrical pulse in the system, I installed a clip-on ferrite choke on the +12v line.  At the FMCA rally the RV Doctor, Gary Bunzer, suggested bring a separate +12v wire directly from the coach batteries to by-pass the converter/charger.

Any speculations from the group as to what may be going on or what else to try?
lmichael

Helpful Rating: 28
________
PurchDate: May 15, 2012
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Sterling
ExtColor: Sterling
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 11:46:13 pm »

There was another string on this forum about this problem.  My detector had the same problem last year, and PC sent me a replacement.  A couple months ago, the same problem occurred on the replacement detector.  The only way to quiet the signal is to disconnect it.  I will buy a different brand this time instead of replacing a bad one with another potential bad one.
Rotorbrain

Helpful Rating: 1
________
PurchDate: 4/23/2009
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2009
IntColor: Green
ExtColor: Green
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 11:16:28 pm »

;)Have had similar problems with a number of other RVs and always considered the propane gas detectors a nuisance until the new 2552 came home.  My neighbor heard a noise and alerted me. I checked and could not detect anything, but when I looked at the propane tank gauge it showed consumption since I had it filled and we had not used any propane appliances.  A squirt bottle revealed the regulator was leaking badly enough to trigger the interior sensor.  Have much greater respect for that monitor now.  PC (Kermit) replaced the regulator and line and did a leak check last month. OK now.
Shipper

Helpful Rating: 11
________
PurchDate: 04/2013
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Maple and Grey
ExtColor: Dusk
________

Cadillac Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 09:41:02 pm »

;)Have had similar problems with a number of other RVs and always considered the propane gas detectors a nuisance until the new 2552 came home.  My neighbor heard a noise and alerted me. I checked and could not detect anything, but when I looked at the propane tank gauge it showed consumption since I had it filled and we had not used any propane appliances.  A squirt bottle revealed the regulator was leaking badly enough to trigger the interior sensor.  Have much greater respect for that monitor now.  PC (Kermit) replaced the regulator and line and did a leak check last month. OK now.

I had to replace my regulator last month because it was leaking through the casting on the front side. I have always used Marshall Brass in the past, but used the replacement that PC (carol) sent. I would also suspect a leak before replacing 4 sensors. The only bad sensor I've ever had was in my house and it was 10 years old and should have been replaced sooner.

It's not that I'm insensitive, it's probably that I just don't care. Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: