Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I spent the afternoon in the storage cabinet of my 2350  (Read 1696 times)
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 180
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2013, 11:38:06 am »

Sorry, but I did not read through all the replies.

In general, if all you want to do is greatly reduce the pump noise, use one of these in between the pump and the high pressure line for it will dampen the vibration nicely.  Make sure you select a hose with the proper fittings to your pump and RV plumbing.  You might need an adapter fitting to make it work.  These are sold at all home improvement and hardware stores.

If you want to go a step further, install this in between the pump and RV plumbing.  This cycles the pump at comfortable intervals and stabilizes the water pressure better.  If you never dry camp, you won't benefit from this.  If I had to do it over, I would spend the money and get this one for it's great mounting features, both bolting it to the floor as well as mounting the pump to the top of it.  I just didn't want to invest in this one because at the time I wasn't sure if I would be happy with an accumulator tank to begin with.  These are advertized on-line from $110 to $275.  Shop around for the best deal.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 11:41:17 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
JJCruiser

Helpful Rating: 1
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 8/2012
IntColor: Gray
ExtColor: Sterling Silver
________

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 06:34:29 pm »

JJ
   No I think our 08 is the same set up,,,, think I will take off the bed frame and give it a look reset it to be able to get off easier and  to work on...   also I think to get to the  vent tube I'm going to have to do what you did do some cutting however may save that for later,,, more interested in the pump right now.. I did use the tip of having a fill hose,, took a hose, cut it down to two feet and use it to fill and my tank fills  up great,,,

BTW,,, you said you had the  Scan Gauge II put in did you do it on have it installed,,,, how about some more info  cost etc.....  also you mentioned indoor/outdoor thermometer   did you do like Ron D suggested???  I did that keep the one unit in the storage compartment still gives a pretty good ideal on the temp...  would love to have the one on the mirror but can not see paying the money
David Sparks
2008 PC 2350
Houston

Sparky  Yes, I did the installation of the Scan Gauge II.   It was really simple, just plug into the OBD diagnostic port below the dash under the steering wheel.  It comes complete with the cable and it gets the power it needs from the same port.  I mainly just monitor MPG, Average MPG, coolant temp, MPH.  Thankfully I did not have any active diagnostic codes so I could not try that functionality out.  I just mounted with some black Velcro so that I could take it out if I need to check any diagnostic codes on my other vehicles.  I bought it on sell at Camping World for $134 a couple of months ago.  There is more information plus a user manual on line at http://www.scangauge.com/

Yes, one feature I would like to have built in on my Ford 350 is indoor/outdoor temperature in the cab.  I am not sure what Ron suggested, I will need to do a search as Ron always has excellent ideas.  I just bought a small inexpensive wireless indoor/outdoor thermometer that you can get at nearly any home improvement store.  I mounted the display on the dash to the right of the steering wheel.  I placed the outdoor transmitter in a spot trying to maximize airflow.  I would have preferred a wired sensor as sometimes the wireless signal on mine drops out, plus the transmitter requires batteries.  It is a little more hassle to route the wired unit but the sensor is so much smaller (size of a nickel) and it is easier to find a spot with excellent air flow away from the heat of the engine.  The wired sensors are a harder to find now days.  I may swap mine out if I am able to find one with a display that I like.

Hope this helps,
JJ
JJCruiser

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2013, 06:45:28 pm »

If you want to go a step further, install this in between the pump and RV plumbing.  This cycles the pump at comfortable intervals and stabilizes the water pressure better.  If you never dry camp, you won't benefit from this.  If I had to do it over, I would spend the money and get this one for it's great mounting features, both bolting it to the floor as well as mounting the pump to the top of it.  I just didn't want to invest in this one because at the time I wasn't sure if I would be happy with an accumulator tank to begin with.  These are advertized on-line from $110 to $275.  Shop around for the best deal.

Ron, thanks for the post!   I would like to get more information on what you have in the second picture.  What would I look up if I did a google search?

BTW, I installed the front sway bar last Friday evening.  I only got to test drive for a few miles, but going to the bigger diameter bar made a more noticeable change then I expected.  Thanks for your strong recommendation to upgrade to the bigger bar.   I will be able to get a better feel for the improvement when fully loaded on my next trip.
Sparky
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 40
________
PurchDate: 12/12
ModelYear: 2008
________

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2013, 07:22:41 pm »

JJ/Ron
   Water pump,,, that looks real easy to do as long as you have the right attachments,,, think I will try this..Vent tube,, hmmm,,, since not really having a problem with the water tank,, I'm going to see if I can see that vent tube without doing any cutting right now,,, might try to put my camera in the opening on the bottom and see if it will take a pic  will see...

Scan Gauge-- checked a couple of spots to buy,,, all a little high now,,, will watch for one on sale,,,  I know Ron and others have these and was jealous,, did not realize the cost was so low and install yourself,,
David Sparks
2008 PC 2350
Houston
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2013, 08:35:51 pm »

Look up "shurflo 2 gallon accumulator" on Google and click on the "Images" in the top banner.  Scroll down and click on the pictures that match.

Here are some quick finds
http://www.civicsolar.com/product/shurflo-3400-002
https://www.readymaderesources.com/cart//pumping-water/off-grid-water-pumps/shurflo-accessories-for-pumps-accumulator-tank-2-gallon-3400-002-free-shipping/prod_4169.html?ccUser=

My makeshift installation here uses a $30 accumulator tank from Home Depot and it works great and has never given me any kind of trouble.  But I really don't like my installation.

About the Scanguage-II, the cable can be made longer using a standard RJ45 internet cable from your home computer and coupler so don't buy their optional expensive one.  The way I set it up in my rig, it looks permanently installed, but I can easily remove the primary cable with the special OBD2 connector and also the velcro'd head unit.  This so I can use the guage on other vehicles.  The cable permanently installed in our PC is independant, a computer cable that goes from the head unit right to the OBD2 area.

Radio Shack sell these things very cheap.

Here is a generic extension cable.

Here is a coupler which simply chains two cables together.

About the water tank filler tube and vent tube.  It has been a number of years since I had our 2007 2350 bed platorm removed.  I seem to recall both tubes were clear plastic and both were short and sloped down toward the tank....nothing spiraled around like the pic  in this thread.  I hope it will be a long time before I need to remove the platform to see things again.  One thing I can say......I never have any trouble filling our fresh water tank.  It must breath well because the water goes in full blast from any water source using just a garden hose.  When water shoots out the vent tube, the tank is truly full.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 10:27:05 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Sparky
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2013, 10:51:43 am »

tks Ron
    Like I said earlier will keep my eye out for a good deal on the Scan gauge and appreciate your tips.. Matter of fact I'm leaving in about an hour to go pick up the beast,,, pretty excited.. I have all this junk in the living room ready to work on and get installed and out of the house..
David
JJCruiser

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2013, 06:05:12 pm »

Look up "shurflo 2 gallon accumulator" on Google and click on the "Images" in the top banner.  Scroll down and click on the pictures that match.

Here are some quick finds
http://www.civicsolar.com/product/shurflo-3400-002
https://www.readymaderesources.com/cart//pumping-water/off-grid-water-pumps/shurflo-accessories-for-pumps-accumulator-tank-2-gallon-3400-002-free-shipping/prod_4169.html?ccUser=

My makeshift installation here uses a $30 accumulator tank from Home Depot and it works great and has never given me any kind of trouble.  But I really don't like my installation.

Ron, thanks for the additional information on the shurflo accumulator. 

I called the manufacturer of the pump that I ordered that was supposed to eliminate water hammer without the need of an accumulator.  He stated that I have a defective pump and that they are going to send me a new one.  I will give that a try first. 
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2013, 09:14:35 pm »

My brother replaced a failed water pump with a so-called quiet one of which he was disapponted with how noisey it still was.

Our stock pump is truely quiet with the accululator pump and flex hose.  I know my hearing is failing with age, but if I am not paying attention, I'll miss it cycle on/off pending where I am in our 2350.  When the rig is quiet, it's a friendly humm even when laying on the bed above it.

JJCruiser

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2013, 06:39:35 am »

My brother replaced a failed water pump with a so-called quiet one of which he was disapponted with how noisey it still was.

Our stock pump is truely quiet with the accululator pump and flex hose.  I know my hearing is failing with age, but if I am not paying attention, I'll miss it cycle on/off pending where I am in our 2350.  When the rig is quiet, it's a friendly humm even when laying on the bed above it.

Based on my experience with the first pump, I am not real confident that the replacement is going to meet my expectations.  But after talking to the rep at the manufacturer, I am willing to give it another try. 
Sparky
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2013, 08:40:18 pm »

JJ  Ron
   I'm sure you will see my new post,,, Waterpump fix up,,,,,  I decided to start a new thread.. Please look at the post and give me your thoughts,,,
sparky
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: