Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SHIELDS FOR YOU WINDOWS.  (Read 501 times)
Sparky
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 40
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 12/12
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2008
Slide: No
________

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2013, 08:54:26 pm »

This is one of my summer projects. The project was to build your own heat shields for your windows. It is a little long. At the end of the project I put a chart on temps in the RV for the last two weeks. Interesting results.  Enjoy. Please feel free to come back to this page and make some comments.

http://windowprojectforphoenix.blogspot.com/

David Sparks
2008 PC 2350
Houston
Anne and Bob

Helpful Rating: 9
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: May 21, 2012
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 11:31:20 pm »

Interesting article.  I hadn't thought of going to Home Depot and buying the material so Friday I went to CVS and bought a ready made windshield reflector in the "large" size.  It fit perfect after taking a 2" tuck in the center and cutting the slit for the mirror a little longer.  We have the sun shades that Phoenix sells and while they filter out the sun they don't do anything for the heat.  The exterior shades are attached to the windshield with magnets so I just glue gunned magnets to the upper corners of the sun shield to match up with the existing ones that were used for the exterior shade.

On another note, I did not order the Phoenix bed spreads.  I took a queen size bedspread, cut it in half and hemmed it and then mitered the corners cutting off the excess material so they would fit nicely.  The spread had two pillow shams which I just stuff with our pillows.

Anne and Bob

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 11:32:18 pm »

my pictures did not come through.
Anne and Bob

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 11:36:06 pm »

Here is the picture of the windshield heat reflector.
yankeeflyer
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 06:30:10 am »

Good article Dave.I ended up going with the Camco cover for the windshield as well.It does allow me to roll down the driver and passenger windows with the built in screens. Cheers
Sparky
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 09:40:13 am »

As far as the wind shield cover,,, I know we got into a discussion month or two regard them.  I did look at both types. but figured with three window that open and the door screen did not need the screens on the wind shield,, also the plain cover is cheap like me haha... you may have posted a pic,,, send me a pic and how much you paid to my e-mail davidmsparks@gmail.com   I will add it to the project so we can see alternatives.  If you read carefully I gave Ron some credit.   I do these projects and spend way too much time writing them up to share with others.... I like doing it and I have said before lots of people have helped me so I try and give back a little.
Sparky
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 09:43:34 am »

Anneandbob
   I just read your post,,, I tried to copy you pic could not,,,, send me the pics at my email  so I can add them to the project

davidmsparks@gmail.com

Or explain how to copy a picture off the forum haha

sparky
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: