Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2100 Fold down step on sofa?  (Read 52 times)
lad07

Helpful Rating: 3
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 1/2016
Model: 2100
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« on: Today at 11:36:13 am »

I was wondering if the fold down step attached to the sofa has another purpose other than a step for the couch? With the slide in I'm always bruising my legs on the thing. I thought about padding the ends, but after more thought just wished that it was gone.    Help

Gail Staton

Helpful Rating: 29
________
PurchDate: April 23, 2015
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Dusk/Maple
ExtColor: Dusk
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Today at 11:59:02 am »

lad07,   We faced the same situation.   We keep it lowered when the slide is in.   It is much easier to step on it than try to get around it when you have it strapped up.

Earl mentioned it could be removed altogether but I think you would notice the screw holes.   We haven't checked that out thoroughly since we just keep it down all the time.  We like the long step to rest our feet on, too.

Gail
« Last Edit: Today at 12:02:55 pm by Gail Staton » Logged
lad07

Helpful Rating: 3
________
PurchDate: 1/2016
ModelYear: 2007
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:13:00 pm »

Thank you.. for the reply!  I think I will remove it and hope the screw holes aren't too unsightly. I called Kermit ar PC. He told me they aren't putting the step on new 2100, but it was a way not to have your legs dangling while sitting  on the sofa. Being 5"2 I might regret my choice.   

Smile
Gail Staton

Helpful Rating: 29
________
PurchDate: April 23, 2015
IntColor: Dusk/Maple
ExtColor: Dusk
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:29:14 pm »

You are welcome.   I have noticed they are not putting the step on the newer ones.  We would miss not having a nice place to rest our feet now that we have become accustomed to having the step.    I hope you find a solution that suits you best.

Gail
RheaNL

Helpful Rating: 23
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: October 4, 2012
IntColor: Dusk
ExtColor: Dusk lower
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Today at 10:31:58 pm »

We removed the "step" early on and I am 5' and husband is 5'6".  We would run into it and it took up space in the aisle which we sometimes use for storage while in transit. Have not missed it a bit. When slide is out there is a short piece over the window well for a foot rest. We also have a foot stool we use on rare occasions. Screw holes are easily filled with wood putty if they bother you.

Nicki
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: