Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: roof and slide  (Read 142 times)
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 92
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2014, 11:40:23 am »

Getting ready for our last trip, I found a couple problems. As I began to put out the slide, the slide jumped as though someone was holding the bottom of slide. Checking outside the slide, I found that the butyl tape used to seal the trim around the slide had oozed out from under the trim. The butyl tape had adhered to the rubber seal at the bottom of the slide. This play-dough like substance was easily peeled off. Problem solved.

Next, to give it a bath. Starting with the roof, I found the caulking on the rear where the roof meets the end cap was missing. The original leveling seal had leveled below the hole that should be filled. Inspecting further, I found screw heads had also come through the seal and the ends of the shower dome where showing. After cleaning and inspecting all the seals, I used Dicor Lap Sealant Non-Leveling to reseal and cover all exposed cracks and screw heads.

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 324
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 10/17/11
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 04:20:31 pm »

Good Advice and a helpful for you.

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
RKS

Helpful Rating: 0
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 11/2013
Model: 2350 Sprinter
ModelYear: 2012
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 08:31:37 pm »

This past weekend in preparation for our next trip I  extended the slide to do some lubricating  and noticed the metal strip on the bottom of the coach opening where it meets the bottom of the slide had a fair amount of rust on it.
Should clean up with a light sanding and some touch up paint when and if we find warmer weather
Bob

Bob and Michele
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: