Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ELECTRICAL QUESTIONS  (Read 639 times)
Sparky
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 40
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 12/12
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2008
Slide: No
________

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2013, 07:18:31 pm »

Alright bare with me a minute,   I am trying to learn electrical applications, fixes, problems, questions, test, etc etc... I did a general search and came up with so much stuff it is confusing and no value  When I first joined this group I went through nearly every page on this forum and found all kinds of good stuff.

Here is what I am suggesting on our Main forum we have 8 sub topics,, general, photos, tips, food, etc,,,,     I would like to see a new sub forum started and call it ELECTRICAL 101.  Under that sub forum I would like for our contributors to post topics,,   here's two,  CHEKCING YOUR COACH BATTERY,,,  one of our electrical people could give the steps in checking your coach battery to make sure it is functioning  properly,,,NOTE  I spent about 10 to 15 minutes reading this topic (other web sites and the PC forum), it is a little confusing,, leave battery connected, yes no,,,, how do you hook up a battery minder (keeps the electronics in your vehicle set like you have them),,,,
   CHECKING THE VOLTAGE AT THE CAMPGROUND   this was posted by someone on our forum, it gave instructions on why you should check the voltage at the electrical post prior to hooking up,, I copied this post was excellent how to do and why. If a sub group was set up a person could go in check the topics,,, see if their was some help and if not come back to the general discussion and ask for help
  These are just two examples and I know there are plenty more.   Anyway maybe Aimee can think of something or one of electric experts could take charge hehe,,, 
David Sparks
2008 PC 2350
Houston
ge_montana

Helpful Rating: 6
________
PurchDate: January 4, 2012
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
IntColor: green
ExtColor: green half
________

I love Photography, sailing and fishing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 07:51:22 am »

David, this is a good idea and i had discussed it with Aimee several months ago before my health took a hit.

My inquiry went long this way: could i solicit help from this group to develop a handbook for operating my motor home -- there are still things that mystify me. Aimee said i could. Here is what i proposed to do. A good friend gave me a copy of a the manual from -- probably shouldn't say for now, but one of what i consider a small California manufacturer of really good motorhomes on similar chassis -- that is some 35 pages long, with really detailed discussions. My plan was to use the structure of that manual to structure and on line version for PC, like a wikipedia board for PC.

I have been focused elsewhere but saw you post and ask, are any of you interested in participating in this sort of project. Aimee gave me permission to post this note.

Is anyone interested in doing this project,

Greg and Kathy Matthews

Greg Matthews
Photographer
EastOfYellowstone.com
Bob Mahon
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 59
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 6/2011
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Tan/Gray/Cherry
ExtColor: Lower Slate Gray
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 09:23:54 am »

I like it, Greg.

Carry on, regardless..................
"In God we trust" to save our country and bring our troops safely home.
Sparky
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 40
________
PurchDate: 12/12
ModelYear: 2008
Slide: No
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 10:01:27 am »

Greg
   Absolutely,,,,  will be glad to help in any way possible,  I'm just glad someone finally responded to the topic..  haha.... not to get PC mad at me their manual is horrible, I am so glad I had previous experience with an RV..for a brand new owner and a brand new  RVer would be a major disappointment.    still back to my original topic I would still like to see some sub topics as I have suggested , but as I said earlier not sure if I am expert enough, but would be glad to set up as the go to person of a topic.   not sure exactly how to do it but with all of us involved we could figure out a system... BTW,  some of the other mfers. have their Manuals on-line that you could use as a guide also.
sparky
NHWanderlust

Helpful Rating: 4
________
OwnPC: No
Model: 2552
ModelYear: looking
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 01:41:31 pm »

This new to RV person would definatly like a written printed manual to read through. Maybe two. One specific to the Phoenix, and another general RV for Dummies book.

Richard & Jackie Whitney
Lee, New Hampshire
yankeeflyer
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 03:08:59 pm »

This is your friend   Cheers
BGolden

Helpful Rating: 22
________
PurchDate: January 2008