Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Which model is best for us?  (Read 2544 times)
Sparky
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 39
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 12/12
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2008
Slide: No
________

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 07:26:40 pm »

Ron I 100% disagree with your analysis, you must be thinking about ???,,, how could you think that the ???
 dad come it I'm so funny,,, haha,,,,   by 2cents,   we first need to ask the design guys at PC,,, I'm betting the whole piece is two parts and funnels down to where the window is.... I also bet when the make the end piece it's all one piece, they then cut the rear piece where the rear storage locker is,(would not take a bet on that one though),, door is different material...   going from memory, but are not most of the PC's the same in the rear... Now I have to look at tires for cracking, rear caps on Rv's and see how they are designed,, thks ron more jobs for me haha
sparky
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 184
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2013, 08:31:46 am »

When they blow fiberglass each bent makes the wall stronger. If I have done this right, the two attached pictures show the back side of the rear wall and the wooden rear wall that it goes against. Notice on the first picture the upper right side has added wood to mount the medicine cabinet to and the left side is for cutting out the rear window.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
Sparky
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2013, 09:22:18 am »

Very nice pics and informative  do they allow walk-ins at the factory????   If so might do a drop in one if in the area,,,, I like seeing that kind of stuff anyway,  I'm always amazed at how they make stuff,  anyone involved in making things you be proud of what they do or did in their life.
sparky
Pax

Helpful Rating: 44
________
PurchDate: July
ModelYear: 2014
IntColor: Sunlit / Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2013, 11:34:49 am »

Guess I don't have to wonder about that indent anymore!  ThumbsUp  Amazing.....

- Mike
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2013, 01:15:58 pm »

Sparky most rv factories give tours, you just have to call them to fine out what days and times. Some allow walk-ins for the tours. At the PC factory they took me for a tour and then left me to watch and ask questions. Everyone was very happy to show me what they did and why. I was allowed to take as many pictures as I wanted.

Helpfull clicks are always appreciated.

Tom Hanlon
randallandchris

Helpful Rating: 4
________
OwnPC: No
Model: None
________

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2013, 05:16:30 pm »

Hello, just joined and hoping to get some help re. PCs.  We just sold our 31' class A and had a 37' before that but are still downsizing.  Like the PC and expect to buy.  Especially like the 2552 with extra chair but wondering about maneuverability with its long wheelbase.  Can't find the degrees of wheel cut or turning radius for PCs.

Please share any info or experience like difference between 2350 and 2552 turning and parking.
Thanks much.
Randall
Sparky
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2013, 07:19:15 pm »

Randall
   welcome and hopefully welcome to a Cruiser,,, I can only talk about 2350,,,, we previously owned a roadtrek 210 loved it but wanted something a little bigger.. found a used PC and knowing the quality purchased it out of Seattle, we live in Houston,,, we have no problems handling the unit anywhere, my wife drives a lot and enjoys driving it.   you do move up from the 350 to the 450 Ford so they are a little larger if you go with the 52,,, a lot of guys/gals do not like the bed set up for the 2350 but we do not have a problem with it. hopefully you can find some units close by to inspect and look over, have you contacted the factory to see if any are available?.. good luck
David Sparks
2008 PC 2350
Houston
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2013, 07:56:53 am »

Welcome Randall and Chris,

We have had class A's in the 28, 34 and 35 foot range and class C's in the 26, and 21 foot before getting the PC2350. The PC2350 was followed by the PC2552. I special ordered the PC2350 built on the E450, the same as the 2552. The class A's we had all had the 45 degree turn. I can not tell you what the class C's are, but they are no where near that sharp. That being said the only time I have an issue is when turning and backing into a campsite or my driveway. I have to stop backing and pull forward to adjust. No big deal. Someday I will learn to better aim when backing and turning.

When we bought the 2350, our other choice was the 2551. We were concerned about the corner bed at the  time but my DW said she would sleep on the sofa and I would sleep on the bed. She has a problem in tight spaces and could not sleep locked into the corner bed. We liked the twin bed option but did not like the lack of a chair in the living room. Then the 2552 came out and the first show we went to was all she wrote. A 2552 was on order with only 10 months on the 2350. The 2350 let me park in some places like restaurants and some parking lots that the 2552 does fit as well. We pull a Jeep liberty more often now, but that means I don't have to break camp to go out to dinner or shopping. Happy wife, happy life.

Why don't you go to the factory in Elkhart, In and take a tour. They also sell trade-in, as you can see on this site.

Anymore question, just ask away. The folks on here love to talk about their PCs. Aimee is the only one on here that works for Phoenix and she is the forum Administrator. The others have access to the site but they never seem to be on here. Sometimes I wish they would jump in with some of the technical answers, but they don't.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 08:01:51 am by TomHanlon » Logged

Tom Hanlon
jampodd

Helpful Rating: 2
________
PurchDate: 11/2012
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: sunlit
ExtColor: sunlit
________

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2013, 08:33:40 am »

Welcome Randall and Chris,
I see you live in MI part of the time. I live in NW Ohio and have a 2552. I'd be glad to show it to you and take a drive if you are anywhere near me. Send me a note if this sounds good and we can make plans to get together.

Jim Poddany - 2552
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 81
________
PurchDate: May 2013
IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2013, 08:42:01 am »

Welcome Randall and Chris! I see you are in Michigan - 29 PCs just rolled out of Petoskey yesterday at the end of the 20th reunion of The Intervec-Phoenix travel club. Many are still in the area and most owners are happy to show and discuss their unit. Several members were headed to Frankenmuth and we are sitting in a state park in Cadillac, MI with a route down to Grand Rapids area tonight then on down to Indiana. There are also several owners that live in Michigan that you can contact. Tom Hanlin gave us the deluxe 2552 tour before we bought which included lying on the twin beds, standing in the shower, etc. After his tour, we knew it would work for us. We drove to Elkhart for a factory tour and were very pleased with the quality of work they do AND their willingness to answer and explain without the hard sell. We ordered our new home that day.

We have the 2552 and just started a year on the road living and working in the PC. So far it's been awesome. If you do join the Phoenix family, mark your calendar for the second week in September when the club meets again in Colorado Springs. We met so many wonderful people and had a blast!

John, Holly, Chloe & Snickers (The "nanny' cat)

Plan at least three years on the road - living, laughing, working and playing in the PC.
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2013, 09:51:09 am »

I forgot to mention how much nicer the bigger bathroom is over the 2350. The 2350 toilet was on a rizer that made it too high for my DW to touch the floor. The wardrobe in the bathroom is great.

When looking at an RV always stand in the shower and then think about drying yourself. Then sit on the toilet. Both of you do it. It may seem strange but it works.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 09:53:28 am by TomHanlon » Logged

Tom Hanlon
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 177
________
PurchDate: June 2007
ModelYear: 2007
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2013, 12:39:03 pm »

We own a 2007 2350 purchased new back then.  No doubt, the tight bathroom and rear corner double bed are confining.  It does seem that many people find them tollerable until after they explore a larger model like the 2552.  I can understand the 2350 would be especially an issue for people with limited mobility.

We hope never to replace our 2350.  We owned our first motor home for 24 years.  We hope to own this one longer yet, until our driving years have ended.  We learned much from our first motor home.  The 2350 was our "replacement" choice for the following reasons.

Priority #1 - It must fit inside our garage as did our first rig.  The 2350 just makes it.

Other priorities included....
- A good funtional daytime & nighttime floor plan without a slide out
- A full size dinette
- A double bed on main floor (we must sleep together)
- No conversion features (the bed and dinette stay that way all the time)
- A dry bathroom (no toilet in the shower)
- A decent size fridge

The rest that came with our PC was all great bonus stuff.  If ordering a new PC today, I would change my order only very little.  One thing I would greatly miss if getting a new 2350, is our older design outdoor storage compartment.  It is so much bigger than the 2350 of today.  I think PC-USA moved the fresh water tank forward and turned it 90 degrees to place that weight more centered and over the rear axle to improve handling.  They also relocated the furnace under the bed.

I would greatly miss our massive outdoor storage compartment of which we do fully utilize storing stuff we really do use.  Ours is so big, I can get inside it, and maybe even adding my wife.  That would make for a funny picture.  I did need to invest in some suspension upgrades to address handling issues, but all has been well since.  If ordering a new 2350, I'd request they make it like my old 2350 or a compromise of some sort to regain as much outdoor storage as possible.

We just wrapped up a 30 day trip in our 2350.  It was a real champ meeting every need without a complaint over it's accomodations & features.  Of the 30 days away, we had shore power only two nights, and never water or sewer hook-ups.  Not having a tow vehicle this trip helped because we drove the PC almost daily.  That maintained the twin coach batteries effectively.  PCs in general are great for primitive camping as long as you are wise with utility usage.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 02:35:15 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2013, 02:52:08 pm »

Ron why do you say this?
"We own a 2007 2350 purchased new back then.  No doubt, the tight bathroom and rear corner double bed are confining.  It does seem that many people find them tolerable until after they explore a larger model like the 2552.  I can understand the 2350 would be especially an issue for people with limited mobility."

What mobility issues? Some of us just don't like climbing over each other to get up in the middle of the night. Or in my case my wife does not like closed spaces. We both gave up our teddy bears many years ago and don't feel the need to "have to always sleep together in the same bed".
 Smile

Tom Hanlon
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 81
________
PurchDate: May 2013
IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2013, 03:11:45 pm »

Whoa, Tom, them's fight'n words. I don't have to sleep with John but the Teddy Bear stays!

John, Holly, Chloe & Snickers (The "nanny' cat)

Plan at least three years on the road - living, laughing, working and playing in the PC.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 177
________
PurchDate: June 2007
ModelYear: 2007
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2013, 03:54:29 pm »

Ron why do you say this?
"We own a 2007 2350 purchased new back then.  No doubt, the tight bathroom and rear corner double bed are confining.  It does seem that many people find them tolerable until after they explore a larger model like the 2552.  I can understand the 2350 would be especially an issue for people with limited mobility."

What mobility issues? Some of us just don't like climbing over each other to get up in the middle of the night. Or in my case my wife does not like closed spaces. We both gave up our teddy bears many years ago and don't feel the need to "have to always sleep together in the same bed".
 Smile
Tom, some people are up in the years with hip and/or knee replacements, athritic issues, overweight challenges, etc,  all that could easily translate into "limited mobility" when crawling in and out from a 2350 bed.  I didn't mean to imply that everyone who has switched from a 2350, has mobility issues.  Sorry if it came out like that.

Oh, and by the way, I sleep against the bathroom wall, Irene against the outside wall.  When either of us get up during the night, we both get up.  We learned early on not to try climbing over eachother.  The inconvenience is a small price to pay for the "Teddy Bear" benefit.  I guess we never grew up. Smile
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 04:15:12 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print

Jump to: