Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: We jumped! The year on the road has begun  (Read 716 times)
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 90
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: May 2013
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile WWW
« on: August 27, 2013, 07:34:24 pm »

As you may know from previous posts, John and I intended to start a year on the road in the PC starting on August 30th. Our timetable was shifted forward a few days because the renter for John's house needed to move in by the 27th. After numerous delays I did my side of the settlement today (last minute, literally just before we hit the road) for the sale on my house with the final sign off scheduled for Thursday. We finished the clearing out and cleaning and repairing of John's house a full FOUR HOURS before control switched to the tenants last night (last minute again). The PC is now the only home we've got! The adventure begins.

For those of you thinkng about selling or renting your house at some point in the future so you can play in the PC full time, I'd like to give a little advice - Avoid the agony! Clean the stuff out NOW! You'd be amazed how much you can empty out of your house without really missing it. Do one room or storage space each month and stick to it. If you can empty out a room then close it off and pretend it isn't there, that's better yet. When you think you are down to the absolute must have items, repeat the process and see what else you can get rid of. We did a little bit ahead of time but not nearly enough. Getting it all sorted out, given away, sold or prepped for storage in one short month while trying to get our work hours in was evil. We are sure we have too much stuff with us while at the same time we are probably missing key items. All the organized lists go out the window (or in a random bin) when you are literally down to a handful of hours. We expect to take a few days to recover from that last push (and wait for our toad to be rigged - last minute again but not our fault, they couldn't get the parts) then we will start enjoying the freedom the Phoenix gives us. So many places to go, so many people to meet, so many ice cream shops we haven't hit yet (sweltering day, lifelong obsession).

At some point we will return to clean a bunch more stuff out of the storage locker since by the end of the moving ordeal,  we realized the house is too big for us and we don't need all that furniture and stuff so why the heck are we paying to store it? But that's for later. Now is for peaceful RVing in our awesome PC. We look forward to meeting many of you along the way.

John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Spiritofthewoods.net
jampodd

Helpful Rating: 2
________
PurchDate: 11/2012
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: sunlit
ExtColor: sunlit
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 09:11:06 pm »

Congrats and Good Luck! Wish you well on your journey.

Jim

Jim Poddany - 2552
BarbRN

Helpful Rating: 4
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: May 25, 2013
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
IntColor: beige
ExtColor: tan
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 10:35:11 pm »

Wow, how exciting but I don't envy you that task.  A move is coming up in my future and I wish we could get rid of a lot now too.  Good luck and keep us posted.  Get some rest!
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 193
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 07:29:47 am »

Hi Holly and John,

Congratulations on finally getting it done and starting your great adventure.
 Celebrate Celebrate Celebrate Celebrate Celebrate

When you are back in the area, give us a shout and we will try to get together at a campground again. In the mean time keep us posted about where you are and what you are seeing and doing.
 kumbaya

Happy trails. Bolt

Balloons Balloons Balloons

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: