Hello Guest

Shower Bar

• 3 Replies

dickreid1

• All 48 States, boarder Provinces and Maritimes
    • View Profile
Shower Bar
« on: September 01, 2013, 08:50:54 pm »
We are accustomed to having a removable overhead bar in the shower.  This is convenient for hanging wet towels and rain coats as well as creating extra closet space.  Home Depot had the end cup/socket pair of connectors and an adjustable length closet bar.  Installation was easy. 

The bar in place    The connector cup end

Bonus: I am 5' 9". It turns out the bar is so high that I never have to think about removing it to take a shower.

gradygal

• our 3rd PC--Custom 2910
    • View Profile
Re: Shower Bar
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 06:12:31 am »
We have the same setup. It works out very well.
Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL

TomHanlon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 06:50:49 am »
I liked your new towel bar so much that I ran out to our PC to check on doing the same thing. Unfortunately our sky light comes right down to the ceiling in a curving motion, no flat area. I don't see any place to put the cups without drilling into the plastic sky light. So instead I got two command hooks and put one in the corner by the medicine cabinet and the other in the opposite corner. Then I took a short piece of clothes line and put loops in both ends. Now I can string the clothes line and use it. Not as nice as your pole, but it works.
Current PC: 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC: 2010 2350 Full paint

We no longer own a PC. We had two of them and loved them both. Due to changing health and no longer camping, we wanted a touring coach. Phoenix does not make a class B so we had to turn to a Winnebago Travato 59K in March 2018

Sparky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 09:04:44 am »
Nice,,, and thanks another project haha
sparky