Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: video camera has a blue screen and no video on my last leg coming home  (Read 737 times)
frecklestweety

Helpful Rating: 2
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 12/2012
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
IntColor: BROWN/BEIGE
ExtColor: WHT/TAN
________

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2013, 07:04:20 pm »

On my last leg towards home, the video camera has just a blue screen.  Leaving the Pine Ridge campground near Frandenmuth decided not to work right.   Called the mfg and he said a wire must have come loose from buppy ride?  Ive done almost 1000 miles and had no problem. Of course the wiring is behind the TV of which I cannot check until I get home and hope for the best that the car will be ok.  So far it has a crack in the windsheild which will be fixed when I get home.   
  Anyone else have this problem. Hopefully it will be easy to fix with my son's help. 
jampodd

________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 11/2012
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: sunlit
ExtColor: sunlit
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 08:27:00 pm »

I've had two sony monitors go out on me Kermit says if it a blue screen it is usually the camera, if it is blank it is normally the monitor. Still waiting on the second monitor. Factory replaced the first one, didn't feel like driving to get second one installed so I asked them to send one to me. I hope this doesn't keep happening, theis is the second in less than a year.

Jim

Jim Poddany - 2552
frecklestweety

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 06:34:54 pm »

I've had two sony monitors go out on me Kermit says if it a blue screen it is usually the camera, if it is blank it is normally the monitor. Still waiting on the second monitor. Factory replaced the first one, didn't feel like driving to get second one installed so I asked them to send one to me. I hope this doesn't keep happening, theis is the second in less than a year.

Jim
thanks for the update. Will call factory this week.  Had to keep checking on my car thru the bathroom window.
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 168
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 08:15:05 am »

Jim
thanks for the update. Will call factory this week.  Had to keep checking on my car thru the bathroom window.

Didn't every toll booth operator let you know your car was still there?   LOL rolling on the floor

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
lmichael

Helpful Rating: 27
________
PurchDate: May 15, 2012
IntColor: Sterling
ExtColor: Sterling
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 09:31:38 pm »

I had this problem on my first PC.  Someone on this forum advised me to pull the cable from the back of the PC and check the connection to the cable going to the front.  I pulled the cable by removing one of the top lights, unhooked/reconnected the two cables, taped them to make sure the connection was tight and stayed tight, and the monitor worked perfectly thereafter.
frecklestweety

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 06:59:23 pm »

Jim

Didn't every toll booth operator let you know your car was still there?   LOL rolling on the floor
there were no toll booth operators. all automated.
frecklestweety

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 07:03:33 pm »

I had this problem on my first PC.  Someone on this forum advised me to pull the cable from the back of the PC and check the connection to the cable going to the front.  I pulled the cable by removing one of the top lights, unhooked/reconnected the two cables, taped them to make sure the connection was tight and stayed tight, and the monitor worked perfectly thereafter.
  spoke to Kermit today and he said it was the camera that was the problem.
   I will check out the cables to the camera and monitor. All wiring is behind the TV up front which I do not know how to get into.
lmichael

Helpful Rating: 27
________
PurchDate: May 15, 2012
IntColor: Sterling
ExtColor: Sterling
________

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 10:01:06 pm »

The cable I mentioned connects to the camera in the cavity in the back of the PC.  The camera has a short cable that connects to a longer cable that goes down the back, under the bottom and up to the monitor.  The slack in this cable can be pulled up by removing the light where the cable enters the back of the PC.
frecklestweety

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 07:07:28 pm »

The cable I mentioned connects to the camera in the cavity in the back of the PC.  The camera has a short cable that connects to a longer cable that goes down the back, under the bottom and up to the monitor.  The slack in this cable can be pulled up by removing the light where the cable enters the back of the PC.
ok. Will check it out. thanks.  I called the factory and talked to Carol and she was to get back to me. the former owner of my coach did not get the camera/monitor from PC. Ordered it direct from RV Cams Inc. and evidently installed it themselves so Carol had to do some research and was to get backto me today.  Still waiting.  Will call her again.
frecklestweety

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2013, 05:33:17 pm »

On my last leg towards home, the video camera has just a blue screen.  Leaving the Pine Ridge campground near Frandenmuth decided not to work right.   Called the mfg and he said a wire must have come loose from buppy ride?  Ive done almost 1000 miles and had no problem. Of course the wiring is behind the TV of which I cannot check until I get home and hope for the best that the car will be ok.  So far it has a crack in the windsheild which will be fixed when I get home.   
  Anyone else have this problem. Hopefully it will be easy to fix with my son's help. 
Talked to Carol and the former owner just had cables installed and he purchased the cameria system from the company.  Talke to the RV Cams, Inc and I have to check out the cabels.  So I will inlist my son next door and see what he can find out.
Than ks for all the replies.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: