Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How did you take delivery?  (Read 853 times)
Pax

Helpful Rating: 47
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: July
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2014
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Sunlit / Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2013, 11:34:29 pm »

I've searched around and there isn't very much posted about how anyone has taken delivery of their brand new PC, except from a few that that picked it up from the factory.   Anyone have it delivered to them, either at their home or some other location between their home and Elkhart?  How did the process work? Did someone drive the unit to you, or was it delivered on a transport? To your home or some 'publicly accessible' site, like a Walmart...or storage facility?
Bruce and Sharon

Helpful Rating: 39
________
PurchDate: 8/16/2013
IntColor: Hickory
ExtColor: Cafe lower body
Location: Summer in Pacific Grove and winter in Palm Desert, California
________

PC on Monterey Bay shore

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 01:02:15 am »

Kermit's son, Kraig delivered our 2552 to us near Gilroy, CA.  We understand that he regularly delivers coaches to folks all over the country for a reasonable fee.
--Bruce and Sharon

Bruce, Sharon, Sparky dog, & Minou kitty
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 89
________
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 06:33:16 am »

We had two of the three that we purchased delivered. The last time,to pick up the 2910, we drove the 2551 to the factory to trade it in.

Kraig delivered the 2551 to the Tampa airport, we picked it up and he flew back to IN. There was no problem with the delivery. It certainly beat driving to Indiana from Florida in January!!!

Judi

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
Pax

Helpful Rating: 47
________
PurchDate: July
IntColor: Sunlit / Cherry
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 08:46:43 am »

Ahhhh...so it's driven to you, not trailered on a transport truck? I had asked Earl about this but he hasn't responded.  I know he said at the time we purchased it that the delivery price varies depending on fuel costs and at that time it was like $1.40 a mile.

-Mike
skipper

Helpful Rating: 18
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 08/13
IntColor: Tan
ExtColor: Gold
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 08:51:07 am »

The former owner of my unit said Kermit's son delivered it.  Mark

Mark
randallandchris

Helpful Rating: 5
________
OwnPC: No
Model: None
Slide: No
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 09:28:32 am »

Have had a motorhome delivered once and had traveled to the dealer to pick up once, preferred picking up myself.  The one delivered was used so wasn't worried about break-in but the driver did incur a rock to the windshield and found a couple other issues to have to deal with the seller long distance.
For the other we flew and were picked up at the airport, stayed in the MH first night at dealer and stayed another night nearby as we double checked all the systems and features finding several things which were quickly and easily addressed returning to the dealer.
Randall
Sparky
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 40
________
PurchDate: 12/12
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2008
________

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 10:43:13 am »

Part of my negotiations was delivery,,,, they delivered free,,yes a good deal,(Seattle,Wa),,,  I drove from Houston to Las Vegas (rented one way rental) and met the drive there, I had someone do a pre pick-up inspection for me,,,    the delivery was huge factor in buying this unit,  they actually offered to drive it all the way to Houston,,, was too excited and met them in vegas,,, I also wanted to drive it home and get a feel for the unit.
David Sparks
2008 PC 2350
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 190
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 03:15:47 pm »

Sparky did you buy it from a private party or from Phoenix?

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
Sparky
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 08:05:13 pm »

OOps sorry should have mentioned.. Purchased from dealer

As we were going back and forth,  I had set a final price, never changed, they kept lowering there price,,,. I told them twice thank you and sorry we could not come to a deal.... they countered each time,,,we must have went back and forth 4 times  I mentioned that I would have to drive to pick up the unit and how much that would cost etc,  they then came back said they would deliver it to Houston,,,, I came up 500 told them I would meet them in vegas,,,   on their web page they had it for 54,900,,, first quote was for 49,000,,,,  got it for low 40's   helps buying an RV around Xmas time I guess haha, we went up Jan 6th and met the driver in vegas

sparky.
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 190
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2013, 08:05:53 am »

Note to self. Don't try and sell any thing to Sparky if you want to try and make money on it..  ThumbsUp rolling on the floor

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
Sparky
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2013, 10:17:20 am »

tom
   you are right haha,,,,one thing pointed out to me when buying Rv's  there are lots of deals out there you have to patient. it's hard sometimes, but there are just too many deals,,  we had been looking at NEW Class C's which are numerous in the 49 to 55,000 range,  Of course the quality is not the same as a Cruiser.  the 08 2350 we purchased had only 7500miles on it,, and when I say low 40's I mean it,,, it was just too good of deal... having had some experience with Rving I had no problem buying a used unit and was willing to travel to pick it up. I was talking to people all over the place prior to our purchase. Of course would not have purchased used if not had some experience and knowledge.   Maybe I'll win the lottery someday and can buy a new Cruiser, sure would be nice.
sparky
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 81
________
PurchDate: May 2013
IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2013, 03:03:07 pm »

Maybe I'll win the lottery someday and can buy a new Cruiser, sure would be nice.
sparky
Sparky, you don't have to win the lottery. You just have to sell everything you own and make a run for the cliff. The running start is to make it harder to change your mind at the last minute. Not having a house to go back to for at least a year really helps with that. John had an epiphany when he hit 60. He decided that if we were going to do this, we should do it now while we can still do all the hiking, kayaking, rafting and general playing that we like to do. We did buy new since we had no experience, couldn't fully analyze problems with someone else's rig and we wanted the warranty to cover anything it needed that first year. The hardest part so far is getting the work time in but you do what you have to do to make your run away dream come true. We are sitting at a picnic table working through the day.

So far, we're REALLY liking it. 

John, Holly, Chloe & Snickers (The "nanny' cat)

Plan at least three years on the road - living, laughing, working and playing in the PC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: