Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Full-timers  (Read 747 times)
glenncc

Helpful Rating: 5
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 1/4/2011
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: No
IntColor: Desert Sage
ExtColor: Desert Sage / Fullbody paint
________

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2013, 07:53:29 pm »

I enjoy following several full-time rvers in other Class B/B+ motor homes and would really enjoy doing that with someone who full-times in a Phoenix Cruiser.  Any such creatures out there? 

Glenn Canavan 2010 Model 2350 with no slide out.
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 81
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: May 2013
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 08:15:19 pm »

We sort of qualify. We bolted out of our house on August 27th of this year - a full 4 hours before the renters took over. We camped with friends in Aberdeen MD then headed for the Intervec-Phoenix reunion. We stayed in a hotel last night in South Bend, Indiana while the Phoenix was visiting a Ford dealer and will probably doing that again a few nights next week if they have to pull the tranny. So, we are new at the full time thing, but we do not have a physical house anymore. In fact, we spend the last two days at a very nice park in Mishawaka working at a picnic table with the cat in her carrier and the litter box on the floor of the toad. It is John, Holly and Snickers-the-kamping-kitty for a year or more in a 2552. We are still organizing our stuff and have one more trip to storage to drop off the excess before we roll away. We work part time from the Phoenix via the internet. We hope to have amazing adventures... if we ever get out of Indiana.

So how long have you been full time in the 2350?

John, Holly, Chloe & Snickers (The "nanny' cat)

Plan at least three years on the road - living, laughing, working and playing in the PC.
glenncc

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 08:44:00 pm »

Sorry if I led you to believe that I am currently a full-timer.  I did live in a 29' Winnebago Brave for 4.5 years in the Denver area, but that was over 12 years ago.  I bought my 2010 Phoenix Cruiser in January, 2011 in anticipation of full-timing again, but circumstances have delayed that choice. 

I wish you boundless luck in your new-found adventure John and Holly.  Have you considered posting a blog of your experience?  Maybe it's a bit premature to consider that just now. 

2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 09:12:13 pm »

We did consider a blog but haven't had time to research the set up yet. A blog would solve the problem of having so many family and friends that want to be kept updated - WAY too many emails or phone calls for us. Some suggested a FaceBook account with some sort of journaling that we can give access to but we aren't too keen on that idea either due to their data collection and potential viruses. So, we don't know yet.

Plan at least three years on the road - living, laughing, working and playing in the PC.
glenncc

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 03:13:25 am »

Google "Products" offers something they call "Sites" that is an easy-to-use web page that might work for you.  It allows you to restrict it to whomever you want or leave it wide open for all to read.  It will accommodate pictures as well.  I've toyed around with it in the event I want to ever use it to keep in touch with family and friends while traveling about.  It is a free service. 

GoPhoenix

Helpful Rating: 41
________
PurchDate: 12/2010
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Slate grey/Cherry
ExtColor: Full body grey
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 07:21:40 am »

My Trip Journal offers a travel log through Good Sam.  Its free and pretty easy to use.  We used it for our Route 66 trip: http://www.mytripjournal.com/HistoricRoute66  and Pacific Coast Highway trip (back-to-back).  There are thousands of trips at that site included full-timers.  Were seriously considering driving The Lincoln Highway next year and will probably use My Trip Journal again.  Thats our picture you see at the top of this forum page (if you're logged in).  It was taken on Adams Street in the heart of the financial district in downtown Chicago under the street sign, Begin Historic Route 66, (dont try that in a Class A or Fifth-wheel).

Thats also us in the Phoenix brochure: http://www.phoenixusarv.com/2013/brochure/info.jpg.  The travel log is free but has a paid option for more features, mainly no advertising.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 08:56:24 am by GoPhoenix » Logged

I remember very few of the things that Ive spent money to buy, but I remember all of the places that Ive spent money to see.
Sparky
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 40
________
PurchDate: 12/12
ModelYear: 2008
________

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 10:35:23 am »

Interesting
     How much fun that would be,, just take off for a year or two oh well not anytime soon...  Blogs,,, we used one when we traveled to Alaska
http://andysbigtrip.blogspot.com/     we did it so the family could keep up with us due to phone problems, internet problems etc. we used BlogSpot it is free,, how ever they are a lot of work,, trying to post and keep up with it but on the other hand it does keep you organized as far as keeping up with your pictures and memories,,,my sister called us in the middle of somewhere one day because we did not post on the blog one night haha,,, told her we don't have internet at every stop, so sometimes we would have do a day or two same time, would just save the info then post it later,,,,    I realize we live in a world of 24/7 constant contact,,, but if something happens it happens and you do what you need to do,,,,,   I miss the days of no cell phones, no internet(al little haha) no beepers,,, oh well  , good luck and have fun
sparky
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 09:11:11 am »

We finally got our blog up and running. We're new at this so please bear with us and feel free to give feedback. We still plan to put in pages for our first year, our coach, about us, etc. But it was all too overwhelming and too much like work for the newly retired. Those things will come gradually. This won't be an every day blog as we will not always have the necessary resources to make it happen (internet connection, time at home, motivation, something worth posting), but we will update as often as we can. We can be found at spiritofthewoods.net.
John & Holly

keelhauler

Helpful Rating: 38
________
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Sunlit Maple
ExtColor: Sunlit - no paint
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 12:08:06 pm »

We full time in our 2552 all winter in Mexico. We have been doing a Mexico blog for the past 6 years. http://khmexico10.blogspot.com/
We also have a website where we show all our travels. http://keelhauler.org/RV/

We are on our second Phoenix Cruiser and our 3rd motorhome.

We have put a lot of mileage on all of them.

John
Carol

Helpful Rating: 3
________
PurchDate: July 2014
ModelYear: 2015
IntColor: Greystone with Sterling Leather
ExtColor: Sterling simplified
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 05:11:06 pm »

Glenncc--Sorry to be thickheaded, but do you mean "follow" as in literally?  Like in a caravan?  or follow someone's blog or Facebook postings?   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: