Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Night/Day Shades Rattling  (Read 696 times)
Carol and Juan

Helpful Rating: 2
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 08/2013
Model: 2100
ModelYear: 2014
Slide: No
IntColor: Cafe
ExtColor: Cafe
________

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2013, 10:26:42 am »

Hello, all!  We picked up 'Baby' at the factory, and until her permanent home is available, she proudly sits in our driveway.  We made three stops on the way home, and each time people came over to tell us how much they liked the paint job (full body cafe).  Talk about a high!  Wow, it felt great.  And that Sani-flo system is unbelievable.  LOVE IT!

I love the electric step, and the fact I can keep it out if I prefer.  I'm in awe of the TV, sound system, and the booster for AIR channels.  The deep sink makes me feel at home.  And the unit drives like a dream.  Totally comfortable on I-95 with tractor trailers and those pesky construction zones that were designed to fit smart cars in the skinny lane.

So, now that I'm coming down off my cloud, I took care of the one thing that rattled me, literally: My night/day shades hitting the metal window frame.  Solved that easily with  velcro sticky squares (just the soft side).  I adhered the black tiny square (3/4") to the back side of the day blind where it hit against the frame, and the sharp rattle is now gone for good.  Hah!  You can't even see it.

Just sharing my first few days and my excitement with you.  We are very happy owners. exactly!
Bob Mahon
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 58
________
PurchDate: 6/2011
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2011
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Tan/Gray/Cherry
ExtColor: Lower Slate Gray
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 11:29:15 am »

Good for you. It's nice when others honestly appreciate your unit.
As for the rattles; keep a lot of those pads with you. Never know when you'll need them.
Stay safe and enjoy.

Carry on, regardless..................
"In God we trust" to save our country and bring our troops safely home.
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 168
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 12:45:57 pm »

Welcome to the family.

We did the same thing with the shades. We really really like them over the old day/night shades we had in our Winne.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 12:55:25 pm »

Nice Story.  Our rig is over six years old and we still appreciate all those features you mentioned.

I wonder if our older style day/night shades rattle against the window frames.  I have other noises going on that drown out any such noise.  Nice tip if I quiet down the rest of our rig.

Welcome to the PC family!  Your 2100 with no slide-out and full body paint gets a double thumbs up from me.  ThumbsUp  ThumbsUp
If you find your rig likes to "wander" on the road, there are affordable suspension upgrades that will take care of it for you, so well that it will handle like a steady SUV.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 01:00:22 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Bruce and Sharon

Helpful Rating: 21
________
PurchDate: 8/16/2013
ModelYear: 2014
IntColor: Hickory
ExtColor: Cafe lower body
Location: Summer in Pacific Grove and winter in Palm Desert, California
________

PC on Monterey Bay shore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 09:10:56 pm »

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the window shade tip.  The rattling was most annoying to us at night when we would roll over in our twin beds and bump against the shades.  We have just now installed pieces of soft side Velcro strip to the shades and the rattling is gone! 
Best regards,
Bruce and Sharon

Bruce, Sharon, Sparky dog, & Minou kitty
Sparky
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 36
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 12/12
ModelYear: 2008
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 10:47:59 am »

Carol/juan  welcome,,,,  I assume you have the newer shades day looks like solar shades. black,,, I saw some of these in a 2552 two weeks ago,, very nice,,, I did a window project over the summer and made some shields for our windows. next time you are out could you check the heat exchange with the day shades down,, I realize they block the sun etc,,, I am curious if the heat is still getting in through the window and around the shades.

Were driving a 2350 2008 so we have the old one piece shades...   had fun looking at the 51 and a 52 for sale in Houston,,,, now I want to see a 2100 and 2400 to see the difference...  We previously drove a Roadtrek 2100, but wanted a little more room,,, I'm wondering if a 2100/2400 would fit our needs if I decide to trade in,,,,,,
  I'm sure you have looked at all the tips,, takes a while but all kinds of good stuff on them to make your life easier.  BTW,, read the tips on maintaining the paint/body, etc,,, hopefully you already waxed Baby, very important
sparky
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
PurchDate: June 2007
ModelYear: 2007
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 03:18:19 pm »

I'm wondering if a 2100/2400 would fit our needs if I decide to trade in
The only reason I would trade our 2350 for a 2100 is to knock off the 2.5 feet.  I would never give up our permanent bed to go longer without a permanent double bed.  But that is just my personal opinion, meeting our personal needs.  I feel the 2400 would be great for tail gating parties and other social events where accomodating daytime guests comfortably is the priority.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 03:22:27 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: