Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "Ultra Leather" Wall Coverings  (Read 340 times)
Two Hams in a Can

Helpful Rating: 25
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: December 2016
Model: 2400 Sprinter
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Rust
________

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2017, 10:07:25 pm »

Has anyone had the flaking of "Ultra Leather" wall coverings similar to the seating issues?  We have small areas at the front of our 2400 just behind the cockpit seats covered with the same "Ultra Leather" as the cockpit seats; and although the driver and passenger seats are now covered with fabric seat covers, the walls are starting to show flaking.  Anyone else have a solution besides full wall fabric replacement?   Cheers

Jeff and Suzanne traveling with the Cocker Spaniel sisters, Scout & Sydney in Fawkes the Phoenix 
"What happens in vagueness stays in vagueness"
donc13

Helpful Rating: 64
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 03/2015
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2015
IntColor: Nightscape/Hickory
ExtColor: White/Nightscape
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 11:28:53 am »

Duck tape comes in lots of colors and patterns now.  Seriously, you might talk to some folks that do vintage restoration.  I  really don't have any ideas of my own.
Patti

---
Don and Patti
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 262
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Green&Gray Cherry
ExtColor: Full Body Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 07:43:33 am »

Seriously, you might talk to some folks that do vintage restoration.     Patti

I agree with Patti.  But I do wonder if you could expand your search for services.    Call local companies who replace headliners, convertible tops, and limousine interiors.  You might even try companies who offer leather upgrade services for local auto dealerships.  I don't know how popular the practice is today, but years ago, many leather interiors were done locally after the car was delivered to the dealer.  One more service comes to mind are conversion van companies.

Such places will likely offer different colors, vinyls, fabrics, and leathers.  Stay away from bonded leather for that material loves to flake like you have happening today.  Top grain leather is decent and affordable.  Full grain leather is real quality but very expensive.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 08:35:38 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron & Irene Dittmer, 2007 Model 2350, Ordered Without A Slideout
ragoodsp
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 89
________
OwnPC: No
PurchDate: May 5, 2012
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 09:19:34 am »

If I recall are those little panels not button screwed and or stapled in place?  Can you not pry the panel off and get some new ultra leather material at fabric shop and re-staple in place?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: