Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pin hole in the Sani Con hose  (Read 585 times)
skipper

Helpful Rating: 14
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 08/13
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Tan
ExtColor: Gold
________

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2013, 02:51:11 pm »

Right where the sani con hose comes out of the pump and makes a 180 degree turn and goes into the sani con housing where the rest of the hose is stored, I have a very small pin hole leak that sprays yuck a surprisingly long way.  There is quite a bit of pressure on that hose.  Has anyone tried to patch one of these hoses?  I'm sure it would have to patched from the inside.  I guess sani con would be the contact for a replacement hose?  I thought about shortening the hose by about 4-6" to get passed the leak, but I'm not sure how the hose is connected to the fitting.  Thanks, Mark

Mark
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 295
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 10/17/11
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 03:11:07 pm »

Mark

Sani-con System from Thetford Corp has a 1 year warranty.  Here is a link for the Thetford warranty.

http://www.thetford.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=Iwj5AnvO82s%3d&tabid=597&mid=1545

The hose should be covered under warranty.  We have worked with Thetford in the past and they have been very easy to deal with. Their number is 1-800-543-1219

We worked with them twice and they sent the parts right to the house.  We only had to give them the date of purchase, make amd model.

FYI Price for the hose is $72 on Amazon.com.

Barry
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 04:06:39 pm by Barry-Sue » Logged

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
Sparky
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 35
________
PurchDate: 12/12
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2008
Slide: No
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 08:01:24 pm »

I am not quiet sure where the hole is your talking about,, I had a roadtrek with sani hose,  developed leak, cut the leak spot out, reconnected with 2 inch piece of pvc and hose clamps...  also that new tape they have that self seals, wonder if that would do the job,,, 
good luck
sparky
keelhauler

Helpful Rating: 31
________
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Sunlit Maple
ExtColor: Sunlit - no paint
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 12:09:28 pm »

You know what causes it. PC has some unprotected screws right in that area and if you pull the hose it punches a hole into the hose.
Can't remember how I fixed it.

John
lghjr
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 38
________
OwnPC: No
PurchDate: Used to own a 2700
Model: 2700
ModelYear: 2007
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 07:19:57 pm »

You know what causes it. PC has some unprotected screws right in that area and if you pull the hose it punches a hole into the hose.
Can't remember how I fixed it.

The "bushing" that the hose passes through to storage had two sheet metal screws within a half inch of the hose on mine.  I changed to machine and nylocks.
skipper

Helpful Rating: 14
________
PurchDate: 08/13
IntColor: Tan
ExtColor: Gold
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 02:40:02 pm »

Working off Sparky's comments, I think I have a solution.  I found the hole was about 1/2" from where the hose attaches to the pump.  I cut the hose just beyond the hole.  I still wanted to use the connector on the end so I pulled on the hose metal reinforcement and yanked it out of the connector leaving the remains of the hose.  Next I took a razor blade and reamed out the rest of the hose.  Then I pushed the good section of the hose back in and snugged it down with a hose clamp and reinstalled on the PC.  I'll thoroughly test it tonight and see if it holds up.  I certainly don't want it to come apart while pumping poo poo.

If you use a pvc pipe, you will probably need to go from the 1" nominal diameter to 3/4" to get the hose to go over the pipe.  I have every size around the house but 3/4".

PC uses sheet metal screws to hold the gasket where the hose runs through the fiberglass and they do have sharp pointy ends.  However, the hose shouldn't ever come in contact with the screws if care is taken during installation. 

The hose failure appears to be a manufacturing defect.  Mark

Mark
JoeyD

Helpful Rating: 5
________
PurchDate: 1/16/2013
Model: 2910
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Black/Grey
________

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 06:21:45 pm »

I actually had several pin holes in my hose.  Called Kermit with that issue, and several other small things (my 2910 is only 10 months old) and he sent me a whole new ensemble, no questions asked.  I love this company.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: