Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sanitary Suggestion on Blk Tank & Gas Mileage on 2551  (Read 1235 times)
frecklestweety

Helpful Rating: 2
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 12/2012
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
IntColor: BROWN/BEIGE
ExtColor: WHT/TAN
________

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2013, 10:24:59 am »

In our travels down south we decided not to put toilet tissue in the toilet and kept a small waste basket besides the toilet to dispose of the tissue.  I was surprise on how much tissue 2 women make in a day.  We disposed of it everyday in trash and found that the black water tank emptied ok and the monitor showed bottom two green lites.  Its the best I had.  By doing this we are ab le to use a tissue that doesn't put your fingers through it and not worry about it dissolving.  I've heard of campers doing this before and thought I'd try it.
   Also, we traveled 2400 miles on 220 gallons and averaged 10 to 10.5 miles to the gallon towing my saturn vue and as long as we kept the speed between 55 and 60 we were ok.  Of course everyone passed us and it took a little longer to get to our destination but we made it safely. Cost of gas was between 3.18 to 3.39 at flying j and Pilot.
  WE travelled from Pa to Staunton VA, to Bristol Tenn, to Stone Mnt. GA and Atanta, GA Speedway for the Good Sam Rally and then ot Ocala Fl. Had a great safe trip and saw nephews that hadn't seen in 30 years.
  The motorhome towed the vue with no problems and looking forward to camping again in the spring.  PC is going into the shop to be winterized and removing the fiamma awning for an electric awning .  Stayed in some great campgrounds and will post them later when I have info in front of me.

RheaNL

Helpful Rating: 11
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: October 4, 2012
Model: 2100
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Dusk
ExtColor: Dusk lower
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 02:21:18 pm »

I also put TP in a plastic bag. I started doing it because I could not find a biodegradabile TP that I liked.  Not flushing TP is standard in many countries as well as with some homes on septic systems. So, no big deal. It is beneficial in many ways--frees up holding tank capacity, helps keep holding tank cleaner, reduced risk of jamming up macerator, and you can use any TP you want. Just a warning to others who might switch to this routine--you have to stay focused to not just drop the TP in the bowl. At first I still used biodegradabile until I developed a new habit. Also, I have a sign on the door at eye level which the toilet faces.
Denny & Barb

Helpful Rating: 26
________
PurchDate: 4-08-2012
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

Medicine Bow, Wy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 05:03:13 pm »

We also have been doing this for a number of years.  When we go on our yearly Christian missions trip we have to not flush any TP then also. So this is just good practice for us, and yes saves on repairs.  Also, like using real TP!  Smile

Denny

Your Word or Lord is a light to my feet and a lantern to my path...  Ps 119
yankeeflyer
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 05:19:08 am »

Please don't squeeze the Charmin!!!  rolling on the floor rolling on the floor
Sparky
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 41
________
PurchDate: 12/12
ModelYear: 2008
Slide: No
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 11:35:05 am »

I use galcon water softener in our tank nothing else. I read this tip on a different forum, guy that wrote it has been RVing for over 30 years. I mix about 4.5 oz to gallon of water pour in the  black tank abut 2/3, rest down grey tank (thru drains, toilet),, never had a problem, after a trip do the water flush,,,  I  go to dumping station or if have direct set and watch (have a clear angle joint) nothing came out  a little bit of slight discoloration of the black tank water, it is clear but grey rusty water?? no paper or large objects bottom line,, grey tank was clear... pour a gallon water into each tank then add the mixture so it can coat the tank walls. 
   Now our Roadtrek had a macerator no problems,  Our PC does not have one how ever which to honest I like not having one,   Can you bypass the macerator??  When I do park somewhere for a couple of days, it is nice to hook-up for direct dumping.
sparky
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 179
________
PurchDate: June 2007
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 09:43:49 am »

And to think I get so much crap for sharing that we don't do #2 in our PC toilet.  rolling on the floor

My wife does put TP down the toilet, a need for #1.  She tries to keep it to a reasonable minimum.  The TP breaks up and flushes out quite cleanly when there are no gooey patties and sticky boulders down there.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 09:48:23 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
lghjr
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 41
________
OwnPC: No
PurchDate: Used to own a 2700
Model: 2700
ModelYear: 2007
________

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 01:10:47 pm »

I am for sure not a stick in the mud but: hasn't this thread about ...................................?
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 193
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry