Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Favorite little-known feature?  (Read 959 times)
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 60
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
Model: 2100
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile WWW
« on: May 05, 2010, 10:01:46 am »

If you had one feature of your cruiser that you love, but isn't advertised on the site or in the brochure, what would it be?
I'm working on the brochure, and I'd love to try to work in real-world comments or experience.

So what's the feature you love, but you have to explain to people yourself because it isn't available in the literature?

Aimee, Webmistress
captgw2
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 08:09:21 am »

-120w Solar Panel with Automatic Controller, keeps the batteries fully charged plus helps out on recharge when dry camping  ThumbsUp

-2 ea 6v Deep Cycle batteries. Gives a much better battery life when dry camping.   Grin

-full linoleum floor. Easier to clean and zero carpet(except in the cab)   

aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 60
________
Model: 2100
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 08:28:42 am »

ooh, thanks!   Grin

Aimee, Webmistress
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 167
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 12:59:23 am »

Aimee,

I have something which I feel should be mentioned in their brochure.  This is in regards to the over-all construction of the Phoenix Cruiser.

When it comes to the life expectancy of any motor home, one of the highest contributors to a shortened life is water infiltration.  Interior construction materials suffer and a mold problem quickly develops.  All to often, by the time the owner discovers the problem, too much water damage has already occurred.

So which RV's are less suseptable? Which are less likely to leak? The design and construction methods used in a Phoenix Cruiser address such areas where many other motor homes fall short.

- An aerodynamic B+ configuration is more robust than any conventional class-C with a cab-over bed. The large frontal overhang of the other kind will resonate when the motor home is driven.  Seams in the area fatique over the miles. The Phoenix Cruiser has a seamless nose up front.  No seams and no overhang in the most vulnerable area, eliminates the most common potential water problem.

- How is the seamwork made?  What little seamwork there is on a Phoenix Cruiser, the caulk is protected from the sun with securely mounted decorative trim, then the trim is sealed.  Many other motor homes have a purely decorative trim with exposed caulk.  With age and exposure to the sun, the caulk becomes brittle, shrinks, cracks, then separates, allowing water to enter.

- Where is the seamwork located?  Seams in the corners and edges is bad. Seams brought in from those areas is good. Roof to wall, and wall to wall, seams moved from the edges and corners are seams in areas of greatly reduced stress. Less stress means less suseptible to failure. That means less potential for water leakage.  The Phoenix Cruiser considers this.  Look close where the seamwork is located. Note the rounded edges of the roofline. The fiberglass roof sheathing rolls over the sides so the seamwork is not in the corner where wall meets roof, but rather on the wall, down a few inches. The same for the rear wall. Note the rear wall is a 5 sided fiberglass cap, placing seams away from all edges and corners.

- A crowned fiberglass roof is better than any flat roof. All flat motor home roofs will sag over time and with fatique from motion, especially where there is added weight, for example the roof-top air conditioner.  Water will eventually puddle around it.  Old dried up cracked-up caulk along with puddled water or ice, work together for water damage.  The Phoenix Cruiser has a crowned roof so water will not puddle and ice will not form.

Phoenix USA addresses the most vulnerable areas in RV construction, making it a much better, longer lasting, stay dry motor home.

That is my "Big" input.  I will give thought to the smaller stuff.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 04:02:14 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: