Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: First trip on our 2350: a report  (Read 1310 times)
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 168
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2013, 01:34:00 pm »

It is a twinkee, soft on the outside and gooey inside. Bears love them.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
Denny & Barb

Helpful Rating: 26
________
PurchDate: 4-08-2012
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

Medicine Bow, Wy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2013, 07:01:39 pm »

Barb and I prefer to camp were the nearest camper is miles away. So we prefer our 2350 and her 9mm and my 40cal.  Wink  The latter is our pepper spray / cougar spray.  Smile

Your Word or Lord is a light to my feet and a lantern to my path...  Ps 119
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 73
________
PurchDate: May 2013
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2013, 08:45:39 am »

After many, many years in a tent (or no tent at all), I am very happy to have the security of the hard sided MH. While those critter noises still wake me up, I do not lay awake wondering if the next noise will the entry of an unwanted guest. Something pushed up against the Phoenix the other night and rocked us a bit. The first reaction was WHOA... bear, deer, really big raccoon, human? Then, after a mental inventory of what was outside and accessible AND that I had checked all locks, it was "don't care - going back to sleep". Whatever it was went away.

We don't have bear spray yet but it is on the list. Just as a heads up, it is actually illegal in some states so you don't want to flaunt it. I will, however, still clip it to within easy reach on my pack straps when hiking in bear country and risk a fine. I also plan to get bear bells. I'll put a friend's bear story in the around the campfire posting.

John, Holly, Chloe & Snickers (The "nanny' cat)

Plan at least three years on the road - living, laughing, working and playing in the PC.
BarbRN

Helpful Rating: 2
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: May 25, 2013
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
IntColor: beige
ExtColor: tan
________

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2013, 07:33:35 pm »

Great write up.   ThumbsUp

I agree on the manual.  It needs updating and more detail. 
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 167
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2013, 09:46:11 am »

Welcome aboard Done Working.  I won't be able to change my name to "Done Working Too" for another 10+ years.

Regarding Class A, B, C, they are categorized by the chassis the RV manufacture starts with, not the end result.

Class A starts with a stripped chassis like this.

Class B starts with a cargo van like this.

Class C starts with a cut-away chassis like this.

Keep in-mind that the chassis manufacture offers RV specific option groups which delete the seats, side mirrors, adding electric windows, door locks, a/c, chrome grille work etc, some of many variances compared to a chassis marketed for commercial use.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Rotorbrain

Helpful Rating: 1
________
PurchDate: 4/23/2009
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2009
IntColor: Green
ExtColor: Green
________

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2013, 11:37:07 pm »

;)Congrats, Doneworking!
We lived in OKC for 10 years and moved to Hurst, Texas, in 2000.  Over the years we have had a number of vans, campers, and motorhomes, and are now on our third PC.  We started with a 2400, went on to a 2551, and in February of this year we went to Elkhart to pick up our new 2552.  Kermit is the greatest guy to work with and a neat person once you get used to his dry sense of humor.
Gas mileage has always been a concern since we regularly pull a fully enclosed trailer rather than towing a vehicle.  Yes, pulling a trailer can be a hassle, but we can back-up and Kermit installed an additional camera on the trailer for us. Neat!
The E350 in the 2400 did OK, but the E450 is really much better. We had the Roadmaster system and Bilstein shocks installed on both the 2400 and the 2551 and it really improved the handling, particularly in strong crosswinds.  The 2013 chassis already had beefier sway bars and better shocks so we did not see the need to add those. We did add the Banks system to the 2551 for $3400.00 and got about a half mile to the gallon improvement and some better mountain performance.  The 2013 seems to have about the same performance as the 2009.  We can get over 9 mpg without the trailer, but 7 is about the best we can do pulling the 8,000 lbs trailer with the Jeep inside. I am looking into a diesel conversion from a company in Montana and would love to see the Cummins 5.9 Liter engine in this chassis. 
You will enjoy the PC and if you haven't already been there, you should go to Elkhart and meet Kermit and the office boss, Karen. They are terrific people and we have enjoyed visiting with them.  PC owners are a good group and are willing to offer advice and help if possible. And all of us love showing our PC, especially the little modifications we manage to talk Kermit into doing for us.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: