Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Additional Swivel TV Information  (Read 589 times)
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 319
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 10/17/11
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2013, 01:13:12 pm »

Here are some pictures and some additional information about the TV swivel we installed in our PC.  Hopefully it will help answer some questions people have about our installation.

On our 2012 there are two wedges that hold the bulkhead in place and are accessed by going into the two front upper cabinets.  The screws actually go into the frame of the cabinets then into the wedges.  There were three screws that seemed like they were 40 feet long but in fact only a couple of inches.  When we removed the screws the bulkhead fell forward and was easily removed.

The bulkhead was attached to the wedges with staples so I added a couple of wood screws for additional support and covered with some trim.

We notched out the bulkhead so that we could recess the mount.  We found this step necessary for our particular TV and mount so that it would lay flat against the bulkhead and also allow the doors on each side to open.

This may not be necessary with the type of TV and mount you have.  We have a VISIO 26" LED.

We also put  a Recessed Low Voltage Cable Wall Plate in the bulkhead so that the cords laid nicely in the back of the TV.  We ordered all the cables and the wall plate from http://www.monoprice.com/

Here is the link to the wall plate: http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=105&cp_id=10425&cs_id=1042510&p_id=4000&seq=1&format=2

We made a bottom shelf for support and attached it to the bottom of the cabinets.  We also strap the TV to the bulkhead when we travel but do not know if this is necessary but gives us peace of mind.

The most important thing we found when looking for a mount was to make sure that it was able to swing enough so that we could see the TV from any position on the couch.  An added benefit for us is that we can also see the TV from both beds since we do not have a small TV in the bedroom area.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will try to answer them for you.

Barry and Sue

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
yankeeflyer
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 03:04:35 pm »

Nice job1!!! Hope mine comes out that good.  ThumbsUp
BarbRN

Helpful Rating: 4
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: May 25, 2013
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
IntColor: beige
ExtColor: tan
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 07:43:13 pm »

Thank you for all the information.  I'll pass this on to my DH.  Great photos! Nice job!
yankeeflyer
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 06:48:15 am »

Got mine in and working great!! Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: