Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The 31 Ft Cruiser  (Read 873 times)
Residency140

Helpful Rating: 3
________
________

Texas in the Winter/Upstate NY in Summer

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2010, 04:52:21 pm »

Has anyone purchased the 31 foot cruiser?  We still have not made the commitment, but are pretty sure that we want a cruiser.  Last year we planned to go to Elkhart, but sickness and other issues forced us to change.  Since that time, they have introduced the 31ft.  It looks very nice, but I have my usual questions.  How does it do on gas mileage, and do you feel you have enough room?  We are coming down from a 37ft Allegro Bay.  We have to do it, and even though I have examined the Lexington, Concord, B T Cruiser, and a couple of other, I keep coming back to this brand.  This year it's gonna happen!

Have RV Will Travel
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 180
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 08:12:35 pm »

I own a shorter 2350 model.  Our previous motor home was much smaller at 17' long, so we feel we have lots of room.

If I was used to something bigger like your 37 footer, then downsizing would surely be an adjustment.  But the extra huge slide of the 31 foot PC seems like it would make the transition easy, though I would anticipate reduced storage would be a bigger adjustment.  As far as fuel economy goes, between 7 and 10 mpg pending driving habits.  Towing a vehicle reduces it by 1 to 2 mpg.  Go slow and don't tow to get the higher numbers.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 11:35:52 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
lghjr
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 41
________
OwnPC: No
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: Used to own a 2700
Model: 2700
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 11:42:51 pm »

Can't help with the 31, but we downsized from a 34' HR Ambassador pusher to a 27' PC, and have never looked back.  I would not have the systems on the pushers again for all the tea in China.  Now, having said that I have a constant drain on the house battery that I cannot locate. Even with everything turned off and the battery disconnect off.

L.G.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 180
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 04:57:14 pm »

Now, having said that I have a constant drain on the house battery that I cannot locate. Even with everything turned off and the battery disconnect off. L.G.
It sounds like one of your batteries is bad.  Charge them independantly to find out for sure.  That was my experience.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: