Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MICHELIN TIRE RECALL  (Read 6771 times)
Anne and Bob

Helpful Rating: 9
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: May 21, 2012
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2014, 10:25:39 pm »

Got our seven new tires.  Went to Big O and they kept the rig for a couple of hours to change them.  They balanced them and didn't cost us a dime.  I asked what was wrong with the tires and the Big O man said they would not tell him.  But they paid to replace them.  Michelin would not tell me either when I called to inquire.  Anyway, thanks for the recall information.
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 193
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2014, 02:41:02 pm »

Back on December 15th this forum reported the recall. a few days later I got my tires replaced. Today I got in the mail the notice from Michelin dated Jan 6, 2014.  No post mark on the letter, so I can not tell when it was mailed.

Just another case on how good this forum really is. With spring coming and everyone getting their notice, the demand will be pretty high. I for one am glad I have my new tires already.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
Bob Mahon
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 60
________
PurchDate: 6/2011
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Tan/Gray/Cherry
ExtColor: Lower Slate Gray
________

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2014, 07:57:56 pm »

We just got our recall letter. When I can dig the beast out, off to the dealer we will go.

Carry on, regardless..................
"In God we trust" to save our country and bring our troops safely home.
Big Green Machine

Helpful Rating: 1
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 02/22/14
IntColor: Sage and Beige
ExtColor: Green, Full body
________

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2014, 04:08:21 pm »

What tires are you all putting on for replacements? Michelin says they do not have any left & they are allowing owners to replace with whatever they want...? Will be 6-8 weeks before they have any LT225 75R16s. They said I could choose Uniroyal, Goodrich, Cooper, Goodyear,etc., all at no charge! What would be a good choice for our units? shrug Never mind...think I've located 7 of the MS2s. Embarrassed
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 05:02:13 pm by Big Green Machine » Logged

2011 PC-2551 w/ slide.
Rich, Bonnie, & Cricket.
Unit available for showing anytime!
gl1500

Helpful Rating: 61
________
PurchDate: May. 2014
ModelYear: 2551/2014
IntColor: Hickory
ExtColor: Cafe'
________

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2014, 11:44:35 am »

When we took our new 2350 in to get an oil and filter change, the Servicewriter said there is a recall on your unit for tires.  He said if they are part of the recall we will have to get you new tires.  This was at a Ford Dealer.  I guess that is the easiest way to have the tire issue taken care of.
    Bob
RheaNL

Helpful Rating: 11
________
PurchDate: October 4, 2012
Model: 2100
IntColor: Dusk
ExtColor: Dusk lower
________

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2014, 09:26:40 pm »

In preparation for spring travel, Pulled our PC baby out of storage today and went directly to Big O. Sure enough, we needed 7 new tires. Good news: doing tire replacement this late in the game, the store new all about the problems and procedures to replace the tires. Bad news: they are out, nationwide, of the Michelin tires. They are now replacing with Uniroyal or BF Goodrich. The "shop" felt the Goodrich were superior to the Uniroyal and possibly a little better than the Michelins. In another post about the tires, a blogger who had had a blow out and was dealing with Michelin gave the name of a direct contact: "Should you have any problems with getting your recalled tires replaced please call Lynn at (864)458-6309." Excellent advice because our shop called her and she quickly put her stamp of approval on our replacements. Can't imagine the millions this is costing Michelin.
Nicki Loth, Dillon, Colorado
Doneworking

Helpful Rating: 26
________
PurchDate: September 2013
Model: 2350 Ford
________

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2014, 09:52:44 am »

I need six tires, but like has been said by others the MS2 is backordered.  I am trying to figure out what to replace the Michelins with and would appreciate any additional input. 

Paul
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 193
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2014, 10:01:58 am »

I need six tires, but like has been said by others the MS2 is backordered.  I am trying to figure out what to replace the Michelins with and would appreciate any additional input. 

Paul

What about your spare tire? It would make seven tires. When I got mine they replaced all seven.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
Doneworking

Helpful Rating: 26
________
PurchDate: September 2013
Model: 2350 Ford
________

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2014, 05:35:44 pm »

My spare was fine.....never been on the ground and was not in the recall.   Got the six new MS2 tires installed today at Discount Tire.   It was about six weeks as I recall waiting.  But this was no problem since the weather kept us from going anywhere.   We were going to leave tomorrow on a trip, but weather problems again............severe storms and possibly big hail.   Maybe later in the week.   We have now owned the 2350 for six months and have used it for a grand total of one time due to weather and some other commitments.   I think we will just pull it around back and boondock in our own back yard.  Cheers
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 90
________
PurchDate: May 2013
IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2014, 09:15:19 pm »

RUN AWAY! We finally ran back south and are so much happier. It's still cold at night but beautiful during the day and WAY better than the northern states. It took us two not too long days of driving to go from chipping ice in Harper's Ferry to hiking, lounging and exploring in central Tennessee. There has to be someplace you'd rather be.

John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Spiritofthewoods.net
racephoto

Helpful Rating: 4
________
PurchDate: 4/1/2013
ModelYear: 2008
Slide: No
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2014, 03:32:57 pm »

They are now replacing with Uniroyal or BF Goodrich. The "shop" felt the Goodrich were superior to the Uniroyal and possibly a little better than the Michelins.

Which Goodrich tire were they using?  I need to replace my Michelins as they are the original 2008 tires.  I sure wish they were in the recall.  And of course I can't find any in stock around here.  Someone else recommended  the Bridgestone Duravis....
RheaNL

Helpful Rating: 11
________
PurchDate: October 4, 2012
IntColor: Dusk
ExtColor: Dusk lower
________

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2014, 10:27:21 pm »

Sorry it took a bit to get back to you. The PC was in storage and we pulled it out and hit the road for two weeks. We have BF Goodrich Commercials. They were great for our 2,500 mile trip and, if anything, the ride was a tad bit better. hard to remember back to last fall.
Bob Mahon
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2014, 09:26:21 am »

I'm having a horrible time finding tires around here. After a few calls to Michelin, their requirement to have a competitor's tires paid for is that the tires be LT rated, Load range E, a minimum speed rating of R and be replaced by a Michelin dealer. A few years ago I had to replace the Michelin LT tires on our old 2350 and found a dealer that could do it in Scott's Bluff, NE. He recommended Toyo LT225/75R16/E/S. I took his advice and found the Toyo tires very satisfactory. I'll be looking into that at a dealer today.

Funny thing about Michelin's recommendations is that they said the XPS Rib was a suitable replacement. However, that tire is Q rated and the Michelin site clearly says it is not suitable for use on our E450 2552.

Other Michelin recommendations are the Uniroyal Laredo HD/H and BF Goodrich's Commercial TA All season, both of which are speed rated Q. Strange; a competitor's Q rated tires are not suitable but a Michelin company's Q rated tires are. Probably because Uniroyal and BF Goodrich are Michelin companies.

What a pita.

Pax

Helpful Rating: 48
________
PurchDate: July
ModelYear: 2014
IntColor: Sunlit / Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2014, 09:43:08 am »

Costco seems to be a Michelin dealer.  I've ordered tires from them before online and they ship them to the local store for installation.  Wonder if they still have stock?

- Mike
Bob Mahon
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2014, 04:18:38 pm »

Thanks for the feedback. Fortunately, my Ford dealer is able to get the Michelin XPS Rib LT225/75R16 E/Q to replace all tires. The speed rating is Q (100 MPH) rather than the LTX R (106 MPH) but the load range is the same. As I'll never see over 80 MPH on the Cruiser, I'm not concerned (I'm almost always at a max speed of 60/65).
The reviews I've read of the XPS Rib are very favorable.

I'm a lot happier now than I was this morning.  ThumbsUp

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print

Jump to: