Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MICHELIN TIRE RECALL  (Read 4990 times)
Sparky
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 36
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 12/12
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2008
Slide: No
________

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2013, 11:20:21 am »

Tom
    Agree,,, but some of the guys got over very nicely I'm sure,, had some mileage on their tires and got free replacements,,,, I have 17000 on the Beast tires look great, figure about 6000 in 2014 then I'm going to buy new, and cry haha,,, I will be looking hard after Spring time for tire sales...
sparky
Shipper

Helpful Rating: 11
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 04/2013
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Maple and Grey
ExtColor: Dusk
________

Cadillac Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2013, 05:57:04 pm »

I don't know which is worse, having to buy new tires after seven or eight years or watching tires with less than 5000 miles on them being put in the trash. It sure broke my heart see it happen. Cry

At least it helps some to know that the tires were almost two years old even if they only had 4700 miles on them.  nod 

It's not that I'm insensitive, it's probably that I just don't care. Wink
lmichael

Helpful Rating: 27
________
PurchDate: May 15, 2012
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Sterling
ExtColor: Sterling
________

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2013, 10:40:12 am »

What would be worse is having to pay for the replacement of those tires that had only 5,000 miles...
Lieutenant

Helpful Rating: -4
________
PurchDate: November 26, 2012
Model: 2910
IntColor: tan
ExtColor: brown
________

Our 2910 here in florida

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2013, 11:07:19 am »

OK, I stopped by Boulevard tire in Deland Florida and they replaced all 7 tires in a little over an hour with balanceing......cost $0.00, no disposal fees .no fuss or muss!!!!!My previous tires on my 2910 2012 was just short of 18,000 miles . If you had to pay $7.00 a tire for some florida fee, you were taken to the cleaners
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 87
________
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2013, 04:34:51 pm »

It was $1 per tire, $7 for 7 tires! No big deal

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
mciai2000
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 41
________
PurchDate: 09/2011
IntColor: grey
ExtColor: full body night shadow
________

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2013, 08:50:06 am »

Well, it got me too. On both my my Phoenix and f250. Ford dealer said bring them in and will take care of, no issues.  Our local Ford Dealer deals with "big" trucks and has no problem bringing our Cruiser in and working on it.

DJM

family is a passion...work is a requirement
2012 2552 full body paint(Phoenix # 2)
Sparky
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 36
________
PurchDate: 12/12
Model: 2350 Ford
Slide: No
________

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2013, 11:10:01 am »

Lt
      talk about luck,,,, 29,000 miles and free replacements,,,, BTW,,, how did the old tires look otherwise,,, also are you in the school of rotating your tires,,???

sparky
RheaNL

Helpful Rating: 8
________
PurchDate: October 4, 2012
Model: 2100
IntColor: Dusk
ExtColor: Dusk lower
________

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2014, 10:47:50 am »

Our PC2100 is in storage but I do have a photo of the tire which show all the recalled info EXCEPT the production date. In the Michelin example it follows the dot sequence, but not on my tire. I have a bunch of other weird numbers there. I called Michellin and they said sometimes the production date is on the back of the tire. Has anyone else run into this problem?

The good news is that, as per the person I spoke with on the Michelin recall line, there is not any time limit to get the tires replaced. Guess I will figure it out next April when the snow melts.

Nicki Loth
Dillon, CO
keelhauler

Helpful Rating: 31
________
IntColor: Sunlit Maple
ExtColor: Sunlit - no paint
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2014, 02:12:47 pm »

They only put the date number on one side of tire, if blank it's on the back side.

John
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 168
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2014, 07:16:07 pm »

I found it on the out side of the front tires and the inside of the rear tires. When I found the front, I assumed the rear and the spare are the same.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
GeorgeB

Helpful Rating: 5
________
PurchDate: Aug 2012
Model: 2551
IntColor: Slate Gray?
ExtColor: Slate Gray?
________

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2014, 09:59:01 pm »

Our PC2100 is in storage but I do have a photo of the tire which show all the recalled info EXCEPT the production date. In the Michelin example it follows the dot sequence, but not on my tire. I have a bunch of other weird numbers there. I called Michellin and they said sometimes the production date is on the back of the tire. Has anyone else run into this problem?

The good news is that, as per the person I spoke with on the Michelin recall line, there is not any time limit to get the tires replaced. Guess I will figure it out next April when the snow melts.

Nicki Loth
Dillon, CO

I ran into the same thing:  instead of the date code I had 2 rows of smaller numbers.

My two front tires were replaced Feb 2013.  A call to the shop (about 3 hrs south) revealed that they were installed with the date code on the inside.  They confirmed that the tires were part of the recall.  A local shop was able to replace them in less than an hour, no charge to me.

The paperwork for the old tires indicated the correct DOT numbers, but when I couldn't find them I was a bit concerned.  But it turned out ok.

Apparently, some tire manufacturers are starting to put the DOT numbers on both sides.

FWIW,

--GeorgeB

Accidental Full-Timers 8/2012-6/2013, Now Just RVers
-={carpe cervizi}=-  ...perfecting the art of procrastination...
<=-- DO NOT LOOK BELOW THIS LINE --=>
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck
Dick & Trish

Helpful Rating: 4
________
PurchDate: 09/2010
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: ,Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2014, 12:18:20 pm »

Thanks for the heads-up on the recall.  Had all seven replaced yesterday with 27,000 miles on them.  No charges for balance and nitrogen refill at Boulevard Tires in Mt Dora. FL.  The mechanics pointed out that my alignment was really off according to the tire wear patterns.  I took the RV to Gibson's Alignment Center in Leesburg, FL and they had to replace a alignment part related to the camber of the wheels.  The motorhome drives amazingly better.
Anne and Bob

Helpful Rating: 9
________
PurchDate: May 21, 2012
Model: 2551
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2014, 11:06:39 pm »

Thanks for all the information on the tires.  Our PC is a 2013 model 2551 with 3900 miles on it.   We are taking it in on Monday so they can order the tires and check the dates on ours.  Our PC is a 2013; the Ford truck part is a 2012 and the tires were made in June of 2011 so they are already two years old even with no wear.  We are going to Big O Tires per instructions from the guys at Michelin Tire.

So thanks, Sparky or whoever started this post.

Anne & Bob
Yuma, AZ
GoPhoenix

Helpful Rating: 39
________
PurchDate: 12/2010
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Slate grey/Cherry
ExtColor: Full body grey
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2014, 02:36:42 pm »

Well, you can add my name to the list of grateful forum members.  Got seven new tires installed today at a Ford dealer.  Replaced three-year-old tires with over 15,000 miles on them.  Not all went smoothly, though.  When I scheduled the recall work, I asked if they were equipped to handle a 30 motorhome, and I was assured they were.  They were, kind of.  No lift, so it had to be done outside in one inch of new snow and muck.  The worker was not happy.  And expected about an hour as some others had posted.  But it took 3 hours.  When I questioned the time at two hours, I was told that Michelin allows a half hour labor for each tire.  So be forewarned if youre going to schedule.  Anyway, Im happy as I would not have known about the recall except for this forum.   Smile
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 08:18:10 am by GoPhoenix » Logged

I remember very few of the things that Ive spent money to buy, but I remember all of the places that Ive spent money to see.
jampodd

Helpful Rating: 2
________
PurchDate: 11/2012
IntColor: sunlit
ExtColor: sunlit
________

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2014, 08:52:47 am »

Well, I'm finally taking my 2552 in for new tires on the recall. Decided also to add internal tire pressure monitors from Valor while they have the tires off anyways. I had one tire blow out on a previous MH so these will give me a little peace of mind. After the sub zero weather and snow we just had, had to charge up the battery and dig out to be able to pull it out of its storage spot. Hopefully all goes well.

Jim

Jim Poddany - 2552
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print

Jump to: