Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TST Tire Pressure Monitor  (Read 279 times)
Pax

Helpful Rating: 44
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: July
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2014
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Sunlit / Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2013, 11:38:29 pm »

Finally got around to adding and mounting the TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS w/6Flow Through Sensors - Model TM-507SG)

They make non flow through sensors as well, and in hindsight I would probably go with those, since they are smaller.  The flow-through models allow you to inflate the tires without removing the sensors.

The instructions are not that great, but once you figure out what's going on the system is easy to program and pretty nice overall.  Took me about 1/2 hr to get everything installed, programmed and ready to go.

POSITIVES:  Accurate wireless readings to each tire.  Configurable alarms for over pressure, under pressure and temperature.  Standard alarms for rapid tire deflation and communications errors. The monitor in the cab is very small, low profile.

NEGATIVES:  It appears that the lowest over-pressure setting is 101 psi.  I have to check on this but that's what it appears to me at first glance.  Not the best manual.....looks like a techie, not a user, wrote it.  No problem attaching to the rear tires, but the flow-through sensors are large enough that they just barely fit on the front tires, due to the PC wheel covers in front.  I imagine the standard sensors would fit just fine.  They aren't hard to install or remove....just screw on and off.

I installed the monitor along with the ScanGauge together in a cup holder mount (see pic below) and it works very well.  The mount is from Bracketron (http://www.bracketron.com/products/universal-cup-it-846#.UrZrw3-9KSM) and is a pretty nice holder that fits in cup holders (adjustable) and expands to fit a variety of devices.

Pax

Helpful Rating: 44
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: July
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2014
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Sunlit / Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 11:53:21 pm »

Oh, I found this DIY project for cup holders which I ran across after the fact.   Pretty neat idea, but you have to be sure you have your cupholder dimensions right.....

http://www.instructables.com/id/GPS-cup-holder-mount/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: