Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: leak at awning  (Read 891 times)
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 87
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2013, 09:35:37 am »

I recently found water on the floor at the angled wall behind the passenger seat. I first thought it was from the roof. After further inspection, I removed the carpeted bottom plate and dryed the area. I got a 1/2 pint spray bottle of water. Starting low at the awning, I sprayed up the awning slide. At the wedge, the water was leaking in behind the wall to the floor.

I have not tried to seal this until I talk to Kermit. I'm thinking of loosening the screws to seal behind the wedge.

George

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
Pax

Helpful Rating: 44
________
PurchDate: July
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2014
IntColor: Sunlit / Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 12:33:57 pm »

George:  When you say 'wedge' what part you referring to?  I'll be takings. Look at mine tomorrow.

- Mike
skipper

Helpful Rating: 17
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 08/13
Model: 2552
IntColor: Tan
ExtColor: Gold
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 07:48:50 pm »

Hmmm.  The guy who owned my 2552 before me reported a one time occurrence of water pooling in the same place.  I haven't noticed it yet but we haven't been out in a lot of rain yet.  I'm interested to see what you find out.  I did find wet under flooring in front of the passenger seat when I insulated the floor and I'm not sure where the water came from.

Mark
gradygal
SuperHero Member

________
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 12:27:30 pm »

Mike;

The wedge I'm referring to is at the low end of the awning rail. The wedge is a filler. I believe it is welded to the awning rail. With the awning open, I have two screws at the bottom of the rail and one at the top of the wedge. I believe that I can back these screws out and separate the wedge and the rail from the wall of the coach. Hopefully, I will have enough room to put in some sealer and stop the leak.

Skipper;

This does sound like the leak that the previous owner had. You might want to look at the floor area behind the corner desk or remove the desk cabinet from the wall and look for any rust.  I removed the carpeted bottom section of the angled wall and the staples had rusted away.

George ,

Punta Gorda FL
gradygal
SuperHero Member

________
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 07:59:58 pm »

Update on leak

I've talked to Kermit. His initial thought was it may have been caused by water following the awning power cord. I explained, I never got that high with my spray bottle of water.

Kermit said that there should be no problem removing the screws from the awning slide with the awning open. Today, being cautious, I first removed the screw at the top of the wedge then the two screws at the bottom of the wedge. The wedge fell out. The screws had rust stains on them.

Looking  closer at the awning slide, I realized that the upper section (the part where the support arm comes out) does not lay flat on the wall. The wall has a concave surface.  I desided to remove the four screws above and below the support arm. All but one screw was rust stained. I caulked all screw holes before installing the screws. I ran a bead of caulk down both sides of the awning slide and on top of the wedge, hopefully stopping any water leak.

George

Punta Gorda FL
medgilmore

Helpful Rating: 1
________
PurchDate: 2/21/14
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2014
IntColor: CHERRY
ExtColor: METALIC BROWN
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 09:55:24 pm »

GEORGE

my leak behind pax seat was the access hole drilled  for power cable for awning power not sealed warped floor and cabinet.
warranty replace on 2014 2551 pc This hole is behind dvd in cabinet and thru side of rv into awning structure.
ED
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: