Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Florida Travelers Winter of 2013-2014  (Read 1238 times)
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 81
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: May 2013
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2014, 09:53:42 pm »

I've seen comments in different discussions telling where and when people will be in Florida. I'm hoping anyone that wants to try to meet other Phoenix Cruiser owners will drop their info here in one post or put their link in for the original post. We have made it back south and will be in Florida in a few days and will probably be wandering around until early March (when we have to head north for a wedding). We've even booked a few places so we can pinpoint our location for part of the time.

John and Holly will be: Departing Fort McAllister State Park near Savannah GA on Monday, 1/20; Manatee Hammock Campground in Titusville, FL the night of Monday 1/20 departing Sunday 1/26; Larry and Penny Thompson Park in Miami FL the night of Sunday 1/26 departing Friday 1/31; Friday 1/31 through night of the 2/8 is unknown - we think we'll slide over to the Gulf coast and spend the week wandering our way to...; Lake Kissimmee State Park for the night of Monday Feb 9 departing Friday Feb 14. After that we head northeast to hit the panhandle to hopefully get our drive shaft balanced. We'll probably aim North after that.

I've gone over all the dates that I could find from other posts and never seem to be in the same place as other owners. We hope to change that and meet lots of happy Phoenix Cruiser owners soon.

Side note: when at the Fort McAllister Marina my phone popped up with a wifi named "Phoenix Cruiser". There aren't any PCs at the campground and it could just be a coincidence like a boater from Phoenix but I thought I'd ask if anyone was in the vicinity last night.

John, Holly, Chloe & Snickers (The "nanny' cat)

Plan at least three years on the road - living, laughing, working and playing in the PC.
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 89
________
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 07:01:46 am »

Holly,

When you get to the West Coast of Florida, give us a shout. We are located about 2 miles west of 75 in Punta Gorda (between Ft. Myers and Sarasota)

Judi

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 07:45:15 am »

Judy, will do. It will be awesome to meet you both. I saw your schedule somewhere else on the forum but with our unplanned and extended trip to Maryland, we missed the fun at the shows and the locks and will be back north before your April trip. We look forward to meeting you soon.
Holly & John

Plan at least three years on the road - living, laughing, working and playing in the PC.
JackD

Helpful Rating: 23
________
PurchDate: May 2012
Model: 2350 Sprinter
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Platinum
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 12:52:23 pm »

Holly- I'll send you an email from Haines City when we get there - will be at the CG from 2-1 to 2-20 or so, then on to lake Okeechobee ...
Jack
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 05:53:57 pm »

Jack, that's excellent! We are excited to get to see you guys again.

Syd and Margo

Helpful Rating: 0
________
PurchDate: 9/11
Model: 3100
IntColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 08:29:34 am »

Holly
Margo and I are just off I-75 in Venice, Fl.  If you stop any where near by give us a shout.  Always looking forward to meeting other PC owners.
Syd
bowtorc

Helpful Rating: 1
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 11-26-13
Model: 2910
IntColor: CAFE
ExtColor: CAFE FULL
________

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 11:15:33 am »

nod John and Holly, we are 3 miles west of I-75 in Ocala, Fl. and would love to get together if only to grab a bite if you don't have more time. also, we have a 30 amp hook-up and space for overnite if needed. Hope we can get together. Deb and Roger
Pax

Helpful Rating: 44
________
PurchDate: July
ModelYear: 2014
IntColor: Sunlit / Cherry
________

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 11:26:04 am »

Gosh!  Looks like half the PC population is in Florida right now!  (Just a little jealous)  Wink

-Mike
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 09:53:33 am »

Syd and Margo, and Deb and Roger - It sounds like we will be very close to you at some point. We will definitely give a shout when we head for your area. We'd love to meet all of you.

Pax, we'll see who we can rustle up out your way when we get there next year. We hope to meet you... if you haven't run east just when we've run west. We are doing the Northeast US this summer then heading to Colorado Springs for the September Intervec/Phoenix Travel Club Rally. After that, it's westward ho... at our slow gypsy pace. We're bound to reach California eventually.

Holly and John
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 09:57:44 am by 2 Frazzled » Logged

JackD

Helpful Rating: 23
________
PurchDate: May 2012
Model: 2350 Sprinter
ExtColor: Platinum
________

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 03:36:24 pm »

Holly & John - enjoy the South! Watching the snow come down now, & we're supposed to leave in 2'days!!!
Jack
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 183
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 04:48:34 pm »

Snowing real good over/up here now.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 08:34:47 am »

Yes Jack and Tom, Maryland has it all! Even a foot of fresh powder... POWDER? In Maryland? I was amazed. We were only about 40 degrees last night but it beats the heck out of your 5 degrees. Eagle Alaska has warmer weather than you. I'd pack up that PC and run for it.

Janey

Helpful Rating: 0
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 8/19/14
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2014
ExtColor: Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 09:24:51 am »

At the moment we have an '05 Winnebago Rialta and are seriously looking at the Phoenix Cruiser 2350.   I'm volunteering at Ochlochonee State Park until March 1. The park is south of Tallahassee. Would love for someone to stop off for a visit so I can meet you and get some input and suggestions. Just ask for "Janey" at the registration office and they will direct you to me.  It's a lovely park - one of my favorites in the US.   Hoping for visitors.

Suzanna Jane (aka Janey) and Sid Shazly
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 313
________
PurchDate: 10/17/11
Model: 2551
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 04:12:29 pm »

Janey,

We are from Michigan also but on the east side of the state, north of Ann Arbor.  We will not be near you this winter but can offer some of our experience with a Phoenix Cruiser.

We started out with a small travel trailer in 2003, bought a 2008 2350 with slide, and now have a 2012 2551.  May have bought a 2552 if it would have fit in our garage as the 2551 does.

We enjoyed the travel trailer but did not enjoy towing it all around after us so we moved to the 2350.  Since we wanted the luxury of easy travel as well as decent accommodations to spend 3 months at a time in it we thought it would meet our needs.  We found the 2350 a little too small for the two of us, especially the corner bed.  We opted to move to a 2551 and it is the most ideal unit for our needs.  We travel all around the country as well as use it to spend the winter in the warmer climate.  We do tow a small car with us but have gone without it at times.

As far the brand - we think it is the best and customer service is number 1 with no other company coming close to the service you get from PC.  The best part when ordering a PC, they will try their best to meet your needs.

If you want anymore info just private email us through this site and we will be more than happy to answer any questions.

Sue

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
RheaNL

Helpful Rating: 8
________
PurchDate: October 4, 2012
Model: 2100
IntColor: Dusk
ExtColor: Dusk lower
________

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2014, 05:09:01 pm »

Hi Janey,
We do have a 2012 PC2100 and love it, but do not "live" in it. Longest trip to date is 4 weeks. You might want to start a separate thread for input on various sizes and travel options like to TOAD or not.

Nicki
Dillon, CO -- where PC is in storage and we are skiing
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print

Jump to: