Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Problem with Choice Protection Plan  (Read 2958 times)
Les

Helpful Rating: 1
________
________

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2010, 05:46:00 pm »

Hello,
I hope someone might have a tip or two on two repair bills I recently had.

I have a 2006 PC with so many problems (I would not have space here to mention them!) they pop out every month.  Anyway, recently my generator stopped working and after taking it to Cummings service center in Missoula while on the trip (they said they are certified to work on generators). They tested and found that generator was working fine but my problem is in the hot wire terminal outside the generator. So, after $200 bill for 4 hrs of looking for what is wrong with it, they couldn't fit it and I was without it for week on the road.

I went back to my local rv repair shop and the owner found problem right away, the unit had direct short from load to ground, the short was in the wall by slideout. The wire was pinched during construction and the contector was overthightened causing load to short to ground, something the PC maker did during assembly of wiring the coach. Fixing it was $300 in the local shop - for $500 total.

Now, the fun part, we have a silly 5 year extended warranty by "The Choice " protection plan & paid around 5,000 durring the purchase of new PC in '06. I called Choice Co and they won't pay for any repairs that were caused by the manufacturer and the guys in Missoula who were experts on the generator won't give my money back for not fixing the problem.

I have not contacted PC yet but I'm about to write them big letter with both repairs bill and ask them to be resposible for doing bad job wiring the coach. I did not wire it, they did and it broke off because their unprofesional work.

I should write all the problem we come up with in a short time, after I replaced water pump which floated our coach over night and saw under the beds how cheap the pumping work and the trim, I could not believe my eyes as we paid close to 100K for this rig.   The only two things did not go bad yet (Thank God) is the refrigerator & engine and that is keeping us safe on the road.

Any tips will be greatly appreciate.  Is this similar to your experience?

Les Korcala

PC 2006 custom paint 26'

ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 180
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 08:51:16 pm »

Les,  I have the opposite story with nothing but good things to say about my 2007 PC-2350.  I do not have any kind of extended warranty on mine.

I am sorry to hear there is a nasty PC out there giving the original owner so much trouble.  I hope you are able to resolve your issues with complete satisfaction, quickly and at low cost.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: