Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DW missing Class A on our new lot  (Read 1019 times)
Shipper

Helpful Rating: 11
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 04/2013
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Maple and Grey
ExtColor: Dusk
________

Cadillac Mountain

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2014, 09:13:28 am »

Now I'm in trouble... bought RV lot and wife wants to go back to class A. We have stayed for a month or so at a time, and she thinks that if all the grandkids came to visit they couldn't spend the night (my reason for buying the PC  Grin). So I guess my almost new 3100 will go on the market:

2013 like new 3100 Phoenix Cruiser motorhome with only 6800 miles. In addition to all the standard factory items and options on the factory price list, it has a 15K heat pump in lieu of the standard 13.5K A/C, an automatic satellite antenna, dual pane windows, Steer Safe stabilizer, factory installed three roof vent covers; and brand new Michelin tires (factory recall).  MCD dual shades are now standard throughout the coach.

Many personal improvements have been added and the motorhome has had final adjustments tweaked at the factory and by me (an RVer with 40 years of Rving experience). You just won't find a better pre-owned Phoenix Cruiser on the market.

We are the original owners, the motorhome is still under factory and Ford warranties, no smokers, no children; and priced to sell $1000s under NADA (see latest price on the "PC's for sale" postings.)

I will truly miss the driving ease of the PC, but if it stays parked on a RV lot then a class A makes more sense (at least that's how DW explained it to me). If anyone wants more information, send me a PM.

exactly!

« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 01:28:19 pm by Shipper » Logged

It's not that I'm insensitive, it's probably that I just don't care. Wink
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 172
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 09:50:45 am »

If you are going to stay on a lot, why not a trailer or 5th wheel? Or maybe a toy hauler for your bike storage.

You might want to list the PC through Aimee on the for sale page.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
Shipper

________
________

Cadillac Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 11:15:14 am »

If you are going to stay on a lot, why not a trailer or 5th wheel? Or maybe a toy hauler for your bike storage.

You might want to list the PC through Aimee on the for sale page.

Tom you are absolutely correct that something without a motor is better if leaving it on a lot for long periods of time. The problem with our lot is that all the utilities are positioned for a motorhome, and we still want to travel when not on the lot. We stepped down from a 42' class A with a tag axle to the PC which was a bigger change to DW than me. I'm very impressed with the quality, drivability; and convenience of the PC and do not want another big diesel pusher. We are looking at a 34' gasser which will, hopefully, be the best of both worlds.

I did contact Aimee about 8 days ago, emailed all the required details; and mailed her a check, but she apparently has been to busy to post the Ad. I hope nothing is wrong with her because she is usually very prompt about handling things .

Thanks for your comments!  Cheers

TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 11:54:03 am »

Sounds like a plan to me. Over the years we have gone up and down and up and down in motorhome size. I feel the correct size depends on your stage in life and what you want to do.
Good luck with your plan. ThumbsUp

Tom Hanlon
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 174
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 06:35:23 pm »

I agree.  Changes in life are often a very good reason to be changing rigs.

For us, we will be keeping our PC2350 as long as we stay in our house.  One day many years away, if or when we sell our house, we will likely include the PC in the sale as long as it helps in making a deal.  After all, the PC is one of a few decent motor homes that fits in the garage with 2 other bays for regular vehicles.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 06:39:56 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
randallandchris

Helpful Rating: 4
________
OwnPC: No
Model: None
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 01:35:52 pm »

Traded yet, please share what your new rv is.  Curious why thinking of a 34 ft gas and not diesel as there are several.  I've procrastinated buying a PC gas.  My 31 ft gas A turned very tight with its short WB and 50 deg wheel cut but was still a nightmare at the gas pumps pulling a car, figure a 28 ft or longer PC could be even worse.  Is it just the gassers lower costs or other issues with diesel?  Thanks.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 174
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 01:47:21 pm »

Randall & Chris,

The last generation 6.0 diesel engine in any Ford E350/E450 didn't fare well.  I don't know the reasons why as I am not into the "diesel thing" at all.  Ford discontinued that engine, offering only the Triton gas series 5.4-V8 & 6.8-V10 for many years now.  If you want a new diesel class-C, you have one choice today, a Mercedes Sprinter-V6.  None offered from GM or Ford.  Ford's new "T" series diesel may be arriving soon, but limited in size like the Sprinter.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 01:52:15 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Bruce and Sharon

Helpful Rating: 35
________
PurchDate: 8/16/2013
ModelYear: 2014
IntColor: Hickory
ExtColor: Cafe lower body
Location: Summer in Pacific Grove and winter in Palm Desert, California
________

PC on Monterey Bay shore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 06:39:46 pm »

I understand the potential nightmare at the gas pumps while towing a car.

We sold our 2004 37' diesel Class A last year and now have a 2014 PC 2552 (actual length 28'4'' without the ladder).  We feel that the change has been very good for our situation.

One thing that we didn't anticipate (and is now giving us some problem) is the amount of effort required to find gas stations that we feel comfortable entering while we're towing our Honda (which we do on almost every trip).  The turning radius of the 2552 is larger than I had imagined.  I never want to disconnect the toad just to get gas, so I can't get myself in a spot where I need to get into reverse gear.  This was never a problem with the 37' diesel because we always fueled up at truck stops.  We've found that most of the truck stops that we used before don't supply gas in the truck diesel lanes and the lanes for gas are in very close quarters.  So, we find ourselves looking for fuel fills long before the tank is near 1/4 full while traveling in an unfamiliar area.

The PC requires a little extra planning on our part in that regard.  No nightmares yet.  We love our PC.

--Bruce

Bruce, Sharon, Sparky dog, & Minou kitty
Shipper

________
________

Cadillac Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 08:52:37 pm »

Traded yet, please share what your new rv is.  Curious why thinking of a 34 ft gas and not diesel as there are several.  I've procrastinated buying a PC gas.  My 31 ft gas A turned very tight with its short WB and 50 deg wheel cut but was still a nightmare at the gas pumps pulling a car, figure a 28 ft or longer PC could be even worse.  Is it just the gassers lower costs or other issues with diesel?  Thanks.

We have a Tiffin Allegro 31SA (33.5') on order with a deposit, but have not traded yet. I've had several diesel Class A's, but really like the simplicity of the Ford V10. I prefer to sell so I don't take a complete hosing if I traded. I usually believe in buying used, but DW wants a residential refer and some other things that I wouldn't find in a used one (55 degree turning radius). If someone wants a 3100 they won't find a better one, and I would personally be satisfied keeping it. I have had no problem at the pumps, but I do use the auto areas of truck stops with their easier turn areas,

2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 78
________
PurchDate: May 2013
IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 10:05:33 pm »

The PC requires a little extra planning on our part in that regard.  No nightmares yet.  We love our PC.

--Bruce
We tow a Subaru Forester behind our 2552 and yes, we do advance planning for gas stations. We use the "gas buddy" app to find best prices along our route. I then select that station, pull it up on the map screen and zoom in. I can frequently tell if the layout will work for us or not. If it looks bad, we pick another station.

We've gotten into and out of a couple of tight squeezes and had to drop the tow vehicle only once, though we could have made the turn at that station, we just weren't paying good attention and didn't swing far enough on the way in. Using the map method you can also figure out a way around divided highways and construction zones that route you away from the highway instead of back onto it after you fill up.

There are times we do the slow approach, eyeball the layout, and drive on by. Even the easy access ones become impossible when the Coke delivery guy parks his truck across the exit lanes you need to use. If we ever get desperate for gas and there are no easy access stations, we'll drop the Subaru on a straight away, fuel up, then hook up again. NOT something we want to do, but it might be necessary for those out-of-the-way, itty-bitty gas stations that try to cram 8 fuel pumps into the space that was designed for 2.

John, Holly, Chloe & Snickers (The "nanny' cat)

Plan at least three years on the road - living, laughing, working and playing in the PC.
Shipper

________
________

Cadillac Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2014, 07:00:44 pm »

Just reduced the price $4100 on the 3100 in the units for sale forum. I'm 5 weeks from delivery on my new RV. Someone will get a great deal on my PC.
 exactly!

Shipper

________
________

Cadillac Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2014, 01:40:20 pm »

I have now reached 6800 miles on my PC (two weeks in Key Largo  Smile) and just reduced the price accordingly. I am now slightly over two weeks before my new Class A is delivered. Someone will get a great deal on a nearly new Phoenix Cruiser.

Shipper

________
________

Cadillac Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2014, 09:47:35 am »

PC is sold to a nice couple from Colorado. I enjoyed my year with it and this forum. Good travels to all!  Cheers

TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2014, 10:36:48 am »

Good bye and safe travels where ever you go.
 Bolt

I hope you told them about the club and the rally in Colorado Springs come September..
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 10:38:49 am by TomHanlon » Logged

Tom Hanlon
Shipper

________
________

Cadillac Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2014, 06:17:13 pm »

I hope you told them about the club and the rally in Colorado Springs come September..

I had forgotten about that rally, but that's where they live-I'll definitely mention it to them!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: