Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lazy Furnace  (Read 1036 times)
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 89
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2014, 11:38:38 am »

Holly and John,

All I can say is WOW--so much for Customer Service.

On RV.Net Forum, there is a place where you can Email Marcus Lemonis. Try that. Now I know why RV.Net Forum members say to stay away from Camping World's Service! He should be made aware. I agree with Barry---

You guys were terribly inconvenienced. Head South to warmer weather (although, it's 57 here now).

Let us know what happens

Judi

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 189
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2014, 11:54:27 am »

I would agree with Berry and either write a letter or email him. He is in charge of Camping World and Good Sam. I see in the magazines that he wants to hear from us. So let him hear.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
Pax

Helpful Rating: 47
________
PurchDate: July
ModelYear: 2014
IntColor: Sunlit / Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2014, 07:42:17 pm »

Um, that is if Marcus can take time out from his new show on CNBC called "The Profit".

But seriously, an igniter is the most basic piece on a furnace, water heater etc.  It's a $15 part and they even make 'universal' igniters that fit most applications.  I'd run from Camping World, get the closest HVAC guy and send Kermit or Atwood the bill along with a letter describing the 'service' you received.

If I were anywhere close, I'd drive down and do it for you myself.

- Mike
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 82
________
PurchDate: May 2013
IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2014, 08:39:02 am »

Thanks all! We have run away. We just crossed into Tennessee last night and will be rolling again today. We know it's colder than normal everywhere but 57 sounds awesome right now. We received two calls from CW yesterday morning with the message that our part was in. We did not respond as we were chipping ice off the tow bar and thawing locks with a heating pad so we could leave. They would not have liked anything I had to say at that point anyhow. We'll call today and tell them no thank you (the one man did ask the other day what I wanted him to do with the part if we weren't going to have it installed... I had to bite my tongue and avoid answering). Once we stop driving I plan to do the survey for the store and contact that CEO. I'm sure all Camping Worlds are not the same and even some that are bad at one point will get new managers or new service techs and then do a great job but I don't know if we'll ever use them again. Once it warms up we will have Atwood refer us to someone and just stay in place until the repairs are done. We are not due anywhere until mid-June.

John, Holly, Chloe & Snickers (The "nanny' cat)

Plan at least three years on the road - living, laughing, working and playing in the PC.
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2014, 08:43:42 pm »

Quick update, we took the PC in to an Atwood tech in Jackson, MS. It was around 90 that day and they could not reproduce the problem. They DID say the igniter was going through the whole series of sparking, pausing, sparking, etc. We now have to wait and deliberately camp cold then take it to an Atwood tech again before its two year Atwood warranty runs out.

Plan at least three years on the road - living, laughing, working and playing in the PC.
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2014, 10:42:35 pm »

Update - we think it's fixed. We were at the factory for some other work and Bobby called the Atwood repair guy they use and he came out the same day (Phoenix never fails to amaze us with their ability to get things done). He couldn't reproduce the problem at first but then found that the igniter was sparking outside the fire box. So the propane was in the box and the spark was outside the box, hence no ignition. He swapped out the igniter and we all hope that fixes it. It is chilly here in northern Indiana tonight and we are hoping for a drastic dip in temperatures to test it out. They are calling for 45 or above but that is close to the magic number for us so it might work just because it always worked at that temp. We'll still aim to camp very cold some time before the furnace warranty runs out just to make sure it really works when we need it.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: