Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Slide Update  (Read 854 times)
PJ Corey

Helpful Rating: 3
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 4/2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2010, 04:17:00 pm »

I have written here and elsewhere about my unhappiness with the slide  making a groove in the lino in front of the fridge and wearing down the carpeting in front of the couch in our 2010 2551 coach.  I had not seen these indentations on previous motor homes we had and felt that the slide roller was incorrectly balanced.  I talked to Kermit about it and he had me see a dealer in Albuquerque to look at what I saw as a problem.  According to the service department at the dealer this is typical of Phoenix Cruiser slides and there is nothing wrong with the slide outside of the unsightly looking floor dent and the carpet being worn down from the pressure of the roller.  The service guy talked to Kermit while we were there and apparently we will have to live with the carpet being mashed and stained by the roller.  I'm not happy with the outcome and will get an independent assessment/second  opinion from the biggest and most highly rated rv repair shop in Albuquerque.  If that shop tells me the slide is fine and I will have to live with the nasty looking carpet then I will live with it. 

Paula
Santa Fe
campman1

Helpful Rating: 2
________
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 08:36:33 pm »

Hi Paula,

We purchased a 2350 on the Dodge mercedes chassis in February.  On way home from factory we noticed the indenture in front of the refer.  We saved some cardboard and rolled it up on that.  Now that we are back in Montana.  Want to let you know there is a product that we happen to sell that has two long strips about 5" wide that you lay down and roll the roller for the slide on them.  One has cleats on bottom for carpet.  work great.  We never roll in the slide without them laying on the floor. Just a thought for your problem

HAPPY CAMPING,  Ron Amunrud
captgw2
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 11:01:31 pm »

Thanks for the update. I'm sorry that it wasn't better news. As I mentioned, I have the same indent, mainly the rear roller on my 2350. It has already left a unsightly, dark, permanent mark on the lino floor. I also tried to adjust the height of the slide(per Kermit) but I discovered it was already adjusted as high as possible.

I plan to make Elkhart one of my stops during my summer trip this August. The factory needs to resolve this.
PJ Corey

Helpful Rating: 3
________
PurchDate: 4/2010
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 03:16:22 pm »

Keep me updated.  Our mashed discolored carpet should not be "normal" for Phoenix Cruiser. 
bobander
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 131
________
PurchDate: April 2010
IntColor: Classic Umber
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 07:52:33 pm »

We were in Tempe AZ in Feb at a PC dealer looking at a 2010 2551 model and it had a serious indent in the vinyl flooring in front of the Refer.  We decided to order one from the factory and picked it up in Tempe in April.  Our unit does not have any indentation in the vinyl flooring.  In fact, when the slide is retracted, the top contacts the outer wall first and then the bottom is pulled in tight for another 1/2 inch which results in the roller lifting up off the flooring.  I don't know if this is intentional but it eliminates the indentation problem.

Bob

2010  PC 2551
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: