Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Where can I rent a Phoenix Cruiser  (Read 724 times)
Steve

Helpful Rating: -1
________
OwnPC: No
NewUsed: New
Model: None
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2014, 08:25:49 pm »

Hey there,

I was wondering if there is a place that rented Phoenix Cruiser's.   My wife and I were looking at renting a unit prior to our purchase to see if it suited us the way we hope it will.  Any insight is appreciated. 

Thanks in advance guys!   
bhgareau

Helpful Rating: 11
________
OwnPC: Yes
PurchDate: 05/12
Model: 2400 Ford
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: dusk
ExtColor: sterling
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 12:59:42 pm »

Like you, we wanted to rent a PC before buying.  We were not able to locate anyone who had a unit for rent. In doing our research we narrowed the field to three manufacturers based on things like floor plans and owner reviews. Then we took an extended road trip to visit each of the finalist manufacturing plants. Scheduled tours of the facilities spending as much time as we could talking with the people on the floor rather than the sales folk. The Phoenix people are very special. That made the decision easier for us.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 180
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 05:49:16 pm »

I would ask the seller of a PC if they are willing to rent it to you.  When your trip is over, you'd buy it at a pre-trip agreed price, plus the cost of renting it, this assuming you don't discover detrimental issues.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 11:59:30 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
NHWanderlust

Helpful Rating: 4
________
Model: 2552
ModelYear: looking
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 04:43:51 pm »

Thats all well and good Ron but I cant find anyone here in New England that is willing to let their precious baby out of their sight! You guys hold on to these rigs like they were made of gold. But I'll keep looking! Hint Hint.

Richard & Jackie Whitney
Lee, New Hampshire
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 190
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 05:45:09 pm »

I don't know of anyone who rents PCs but if you want to see one, you can visit mine. Just let me know when you would like to come to Glenwood, Md. You can send me a private message on here with your phone number if you want to talk.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 81
________
PurchDate: May 2013
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 06:28:20 pm »

We're on that list of owners that guard our Phoenix like gold. We'll show it to people but long ago (like before we bought it) we agreed that no one drives it but us. We had to relax that rule when mechanics were checking the engine but we did give them the evil eye before reluctantly turning over the keys (and usually rode with them). Being RV newbies, prior to ordering we rented a 25-30 foot class C to help us decide which options we wanted and if we could live in that size space. The rental rattled and leaked like crazy but we learned a lot during those two weeks, applied that knowledge when choosing options, and are extremely pleased with our PC. It isn't an apples to apples comparison but was as close as we could get. We kept a notebook and pen on the table in the rental and wrote down all our thoughts about the rig - good or bad. It sat right next to the brochure for the Phoenix so we could compare what we were sitting in to what we would eventually buy.

Good luck with your quest. If you do decide on a Phoenix, I'm sure you'll love it!

John, Holly, Chloe & Snickers (The "nanny' cat)

Plan at least three years on the road - living, laughing, working and playing in the PC.
NHWanderlust

________
ModelYear: looking
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2014, 11:18:12 am »

Thanks guys. This summer we are renting a class C to do just what 2 Frazzled did. I'm just hopeful that the well known problems of rental rigs won't turn my wife off. Ron Goodspeed was kind of enough to show us his old 2551 and we will be going to see his new 3100 soon. We will also be checking out a 2900 that is close by. And finally we are planning a trip to Hersey at the end of this summer to make a final decision. I've followed this thread for a while and like these units a lot. I especially like the strong loyalty voiced here and the customer service that Phoenix demonstrates. Plus Aimee and I have become good FB friends and seem to have similar musical taste! So we are narrowing our search. I like PCs because of the above mentioned items and their obvious quality. The other rig I like is the THOR ACE 29.2 for it's floor plan and and extremely attractive price. It was built to a price point though and it shows in certain areas.

Richard & Jackie Whitney
Lee, New Hampshire
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 81
________
PurchDate: May 2013
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 05:37:07 pm »

Don't know if I should mention this but we were surprised to find our leaking, rattling (but new-ish) rental unit was built by Thor. Found it on the door jamb when checking for something else. I'm sure this was one of those price point deals but it did make us think. We feel that we lucked into the quality of the Phoenix since we didn't really know what to look for.

John, Holly, Chloe & Snickers (The "nanny' cat)

Plan at least three years on the road - living, laughing, working and playing in the PC.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 09:47:49 am »

We feel that we lucked into the quality of the Phoenix since we didn't really know what to look for.
Us too in a way.

With the limitations of our garage, it forced us to eliminate all but a select few motor home brands and models.  We saw a PC-2350 first at a local RV show.  The 2350 fit our "NO COMPROMISE" requirements of a double main floor bed, a dinette,  and fit inside our garage.  So I searched for a used one in 2007, but had no luck for months.  Those were the days before "Factory Direct", so we ordered through Don Keller of East Acres RV in Mendon MA as he worked extremely well with us on the price.  We visited the factory twice, first to select colors & options, second to pick up our new rig.  While there the first time, we had a better feel for the quality of the PC, but it was after our rig was home and I started tinkering with it, I quickly realized how good a rig we purchased.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 09:57:42 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

ragoodsp

Helpful Rating: 37
________
PurchDate: May 5, 2012
Model: 3100
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2014, 10:09:26 am »

If anyone was to rent their unit out the vehicle's insurance status would have to be changed to reflect that the  unit was a rental unit (increase in premiums of course).  if and accident occured while someone was renting without the designated insurance change  claims could and most likely would be denied.  The vehicle's warranty and perhaps even the catagory of plates would need to reflect the fact the unit was being rented out.  A lot of risk at stake that I would not want to take on. 
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2014, 11:54:55 am »

You are right in regards to a Private Party sale, but if the PC was being sold at a dealership, they may be open to the idea.  That was where my "rental" suggestion was pointing to.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 11:57:17 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

Dick & Trish

________
PurchDate: 09/2010
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: ,Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 08:49:43 pm »

When you get real serious about purchasing; take the time and trouble to go visit the PC factory in Elkhart, IN.  They are wonderful people.

Most of the workers have worked there many years.  They are dedicated to building a quality product.  They work together and their product pride shows.   

Start at the 1st point in assembly where the bare chassis comes into the plant.  Take your time and ask questions.  You will get answers, not excuses. 

Also note the plant parking lot is not full of junk cars.  Means the workers are being paid a fair wage.

When you see how they are constructed I'm sure your purchase decision will be much easier.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: