Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SEQUOIA NP  (Read 479 times)
Sparky
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 41
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 12/12
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2008
Slide: No
________

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2014, 10:26:13 am »

Planning a trip to Grand Canyon, Zion  then Sequoia NP... everything I read about Sequoia says plenty of campgrounds for RV but no hook-ups. Any comments or help appreciated.. Been to Zion and Grand Canyon so need mainly advice on Sequoia  thanks
sparky
Pax

Helpful Rating: 48
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: July
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2014
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Sunlit / Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 11:15:29 am »

Sparky:

Are you looking for info about the different campsites within the park?

If you are looking for something just outside the park, there are a few full hookup RV campgrounds close by to Sequoia. 

Sequoia RV Ranch is right on the north fork of the Kaweah River (river sites available) and is located in Three Rivers, CA. The park is about 8 miles to Sequoia.

Three Rivers Hideaway is also in Three Rivers and also on the Kaweah River.  It is about 3 miles from Sequoia.

I haven't been to either but friends stayed at Sequioa RV Ranch and enjoyed it. They were there in July and it was over 100 degrees for a few days.

- Mike
Sparky
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 08:53:21 pm »

Just want to make sure I'm reading website correct Sequoia NP  NO HOOK-UPS,, surprising,,, You would think they would at least have elect and water,,,  wife and I don't care to dry camp too much,,, may do a day at a local park and then go do some hard core camping haha-- thanks for the sites will look them over
David
lmichael

Helpful Rating: 28
________
PurchDate: May 15, 2012
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Sterling
ExtColor: Sterling
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 02:44:38 pm »

You're right--all the campsites in Sequoia NP are no hookups.  We were there about 3 years ago in a 2350, but only stayed one night (in the south campground).  The north/south road also has a lot of sharp curves, and they advise longer rv's not to drive it.  If you go in the summer months, be prepared for a lot of traffic.  Don't know if you've been to or are going to Yosemite--it's VERY crowded even with the shuttle busses--parking lots are a mess, and busses are usually full during tourist season.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 179
________
PurchDate: June 2007
ModelYear: 2007
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 03:27:15 pm »

In our travels, most NP camp grounds we stay in throughout the country are the secondary ones that do not have any hook-ups.  The NP camp grounds that have hook-ups are often by reservation only, and/or more money per night.  Once in a while we will get lucky and have electric available.  We did buy our PC with hook-up-less independence in mind, and it works for us.  Admittedly it would work easier with hook-ups.

I do realize Irene and I are in the minority here as most of you here are out for much longer periods of time, sometimes with excessive heat or cold.  Hook-ups are then essential, especially for extended stays.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Sparky
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 08:08:29 pm »

Tks for tips,,,,  will have to keep RESEARCHING ,,,,  we always try to travel in cooler season, mid Spring, mid Fall... so usually miss the biggest crowds ( you would think people would be working and kids in school haha)(not anymore I guess)    I have found out you can read all the info on the internet, which is great, but never hurts to ask...when we went to Alaska I must have sent about a 100 emails to different people who were a great help when we traveled up there.  Wife uses a cpak and I don't have the battery power to run it all night,, how ever we are usually so tired I can not hear her snoring haha...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: