Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Another New Model Being Offered, The 2450  (Read 490 times)
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 181
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« on: April 15, 2014, 04:57:16 pm »

Someone was asking me about the 2350 stretch.  I was quite confused until they pointed it out to me.

Here it is:  http://www.phoenixusarv.com/u?id=2014-Phoenix-Cruiser-2350-10616
Very interesting for us who like the 2350.  I wonder if the wheel base is longer.  They say it utilizes the 2552 slideout and the bed could be made a foot longer for more sleeping room and easier entry.

We might have considered it back in 2007 had it been offered then.....as is our custom, without a slide out.  This one would still fit inside our garage with just a few inches to spare.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 05:01:08 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Steve

Helpful Rating: 0
________
OwnPC: No
Model: None
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 10:19:28 am »

Ron,

I wonder if the extra length would make the in-slide dinette as roomy as a non-slide dinette. Of course the above head cabinets would still be shorter; I'm talking more about the sit-ability of the dinette.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 181
________
OwnPC: Yes
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 10:41:53 am »

Ron,

I wonder if the extra length would make the in-slide dinette as roomy as a non-slide dinette. Of course the above head cabinets would still be shorter; I'm talking more about the sit-ability of the dinette.
I understood that is one reason why the company stretched the 2350, to accommodate a larger slide out so a standard size dinette could be offered inside it.  A dinette in the original smaller 2350 slide out, did not fare well with those who ordered it.  There was no leg room and the table was much smaller.  Now they'll have both along with a conversion bed long enough to accommodate someone like me at 5'-11".

If someone orders the 2450 with a dinette "NOT" in a slide out, they will gain a pantry along that wall.

I am curious to know if that extra space could be placed inside the bathroom, or to make the main closet larger with two doors instead of one, having top to bottom shelving in the right half.  You'll gain a lot more storage with shelves integrated into the closet assembly, rather than a separate wall pantry assembly.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 10:47:31 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: