Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ALASKA in May???  (Read 222 times)
Sparky
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 36
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 12/12
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2008
Slide: No
________

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2014, 10:16:40 am »

Planning our next trip to Alaska next summer.  Our last trip we went late Aug to Sept. Loved it, no crowds, weather perfect(lucky) a  little cool. fall colors.   http://andysbigtrip.blogspot.com/    We had lots of advice and help on this trip.  This time we are thinking about going up mid May, get to Denali around the 25th and them meander down taking our time.. Has anyone traveled that early?  I also want to go a little earlier this time to do some Salmon fishing,,, got to fish for Halibut last time, but all the Salmon runs were over. Thanks for any tips.
Sparky
Houston
PS,,, You might notice I ask for a lot of help,,, I plan our trips out way ahead of time haha
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 167
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
ModelYear: 2007
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 10:39:14 am »

I am jealous!  Being a working man, an extended trip to Alaska in our PC is only a dream.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Sparky
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 09:36:46 pm »

Sorry about that Ron,,, maybe some day,,,, we do about 5/6 weeks,, I know a lot of people go all summer don't know if I could do that.. to much better half time hehe......we did a ton of driving the first trip wanted to see as much as possible... this time were going to take our time and spend extra time at a couple of places  Denali,  Kenai  and Jasper in Canada... just deciding rather to go early or late,, like I said last time we went in the Fall....
Sparky
bhgareau

Helpful Rating: 6
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 05/12
Model: 2400 Ford
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: dusk
ExtColor: sterling
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 12:05:03 am »

We live in Alaska year round and we have travelled the Alcan  in April and several times in May. Traveling at that time of year  has its benefits as well as drawbacks. Travel by  RV  can be really tricky. There are very few campgrounds that are open and even fewer places to dump your tanks. The weather can be beautiful as it is this year or very treacherous.  We have a 2400 with 4 wheel drive and we carry chains when we travel in May or October and we have had to use them on several occasions. The later in May the more campgrounds and dump sites that are open and the better chance of avoiding snow in the Yukon. If you are adventuresome and resourceful come in late April. We would be happy to respond to any specific questions you might have.
Sparky
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 09:28:54 am »

BH  could you write me direct   davidmsparks@gmail.com..... have a couple of questions and want bother everyone on the forum  BTW were you in Teslin  Sept 2012   I ran into a guy driving a 4 wheeler PC.. could have been you haha
sparky
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: