Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Insulated Glass  (Read 514 times)
ksteve06

Helpful Rating: 0
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: Aug/2013
Model: 2350 Sprinter
ModelYear: 2014
Slide: No
IntColor: Sterling
ExtColor: Sterling
________

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2014, 09:42:31 am »

I have a new 2350 on the Sprinter chassis and ordered insulated glass. How do I know if this is what I have.

Steve & Aleece
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 319
________
PurchDate: 10/17/11
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 10:52:02 am »

Steve

The thermal windows have two panes of glass.  Each pane will have a white DOT marking.  You can see one marking from the outside and one from the inside of the PC.

Barry

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
ksteve06

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 11:01:35 am »

Oh ok, I went out and looked and see it now thank you. So far we love our Phoenix Cruiser. Heading to Cherry Hill Park in MD to visit the DC area in a couple of weeks.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 11:09:05 am by ksteve06 » Logged

Steve & Aleece
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 81
________
PurchDate: May 2013
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 01:46:05 pm »

This should be a good time to visit DC. One recommendation - Take Metro!! Do NOT drive in DC. There is very little on street parking and the parking enforcement is quick and strict. The parking garages are high priced. People drive like maniacs and some of the roads are very confusing. You can easily get around DC using Metro and I'm pretty sure I read that Cherry Hill shuttles you to the nearest Metro station.

We also never did the tour trolleys but wanted to. You pay one price to get on and off all day at the different monuments, museums, etc. Their tours run every so many minutes so you just catch the next bus when you are done with an area. We've done a lot of DC walking and it can be a TON of walking. There are so many wonderful places to see but there is a lot of physical territory to cover to get to each of the sites. I've also done the walk over to Arlington Cemetery and don't recommend that walk either. Metro will hop you over there in a heartbeat and you still have enough energy to actually tour the place.

Enjoy your time in DC!
If you get a chance Baltimore's inner harbor is another great place to spend the day... as is Annapolis.

John, Holly, Chloe & Snickers (The "nanny' cat)

Plan at least three years on the road - living, laughing, working and playing in the PC.
ksteve06

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 02:34:27 pm »

Cool thanks for all the great info, there is a bus that stops right in campground that takes you to the metro. We are going to try and tour the White House. I have emailed my Congressman and set it up so hopefully we will be able to get in. It should be a very busy week since we will be there from May 22-May 28, during Memorial Day weekend. We are also going to try to go to the Memorial Day concert on the west lawn that Sat night. It should be a great time. Thanks again for the great info.

Steve & Aleece
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 319
________
PurchDate: 10/17/11
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 04:35:14 pm »

We stayed at Cherry Hill a couple of years ago in May.  What a great place and a great time.

The campground offers an intro to the DC area.  It was about an hour session and it was very informative. They passed out many brochures as to where to go and what to do as well as how the metro works.

The campground is very helpful in giving directions as well.  They also sold the metro passes.  If you are a senior the metro is half price if you go during non rush hour times.  We would always catch the bus at the campround around 9:00 AM and then we were in DC by 10:00 AM.

The campground also sells tickets for different bus tours.  We took the night tour.  What a wonderful tour.  Our bus driver was very informative and got us into all the sites when it was just perfect night sight seeing.

You will have a great time.  We hope to get back there in the very near future.

Sue

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 181
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 08:44:06 am »

To you with newer PCs with the current flush mounted insulated glass. 

Maybe I understood wrong, but I heard much of the insulated glass is still single pane because of the flush-mount styling.  Could anyone here provide details on this?  How much glass is truly insulated?  What specifically is not?

People ask me such questions and I want to provide accurate answers.

Thanks!

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
KB9OMH

Helpful Rating: 11
________
PurchDate: 3/26/13
Model: 3100
IntColor: Maple
________

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 09:13:19 am »

Ron,
     I have the dual panes, I just looked at them and you can see the "Safety" on the left side of the window and on the right side of the window you will see the reverce "Safety" and you can also see the 2 panes.

Jim
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 81
________
PurchDate: May 2013
Model: 2552
IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2014, 10:21:04 am »

Ron, both the fixed top and operable bottom panes are dual glass/thermal. While the outer pane sits flush against the outside, the inner pane is smaller and tucks into the window frame when closed. In the photo you are looking at the full size outer pane on the right, a thick air pocket seal, the smaller inner pane (looks sort of green in the pic), the metal track for the window crank mechanism. I know you'll have to stare to make it out but it isn't totally photogenic.

The main thermal breaks in the Phoenix are then: 1) the cab, 2) the ceiling vents (large openings with plastic lids), 3) the house door frame (metal conducts heat and cold)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 10:23:07 am by 2 Frazzled » Logged

John, Holly, Chloe & Snickers (The "nanny' cat)

Plan at least three years on the road - living, laughing, working and playing in the PC.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 181
________
PurchDate: June 2007
ModelYear: 2007
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2014, 10:41:01 am »

So thermal panes are 100% thermal after all.  Someone told me otherwise.  Thanks for the clarification.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Doneworking

Helpful Rating: 23
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: September 2013
________

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2014, 11:11:28 am »

We bought our ten month old 2350 last fall.  We found it, amazingly, about three miles down the street.   We were getting ready to order a new 2350 and we intended to order the thermal glass.  We live in a really hot part of the country and it gets colder than most realize during the winter.  So, thermal glass would have been ordered if we had bought brand, spanking new and not ten months old.  

With that said, we came from a Class B world to the world of Class C Phoenix Cruiser.  Simply stated, it is not possible to comfortably cool a Class B when the temperature is above about 90 degrees or even less than that if you are directly in the sun.  It is simply the nature of how Bs are constructed and their compact size.  So, with our non thermal glass, we feel like we have died and gone to a cool heaven.  I can't even imagine how much better the comfort would be with thermal glass but I am sure it is a worthy investment.   Like many B owners, I made templates of the windows and cut inserts out of foil faced insulating sheet material which was stored under the mattress.  On really hot days, we popped those in the windows for a miserable dark camper van in order to lower the heat a few degrees.   No more!   We really love our PC and one of the principle reasons we gave up the convenience of the B was HEAT.  Go thermal if you have the option.

Paul
Carol

Helpful Rating: 3
________
PurchDate: July 2014
ModelYear: 2015
IntColor: Greystone with Sterling Leather
ExtColor: Sterling simplified
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2014, 07:35:02 pm »

Steve & Aleece--

Enjoy your DC trip!  Peeps have given you great tips on the Metro and tour bus situation.  I'd only add that there are some wonderful places to see that are slightly off-the-most-beaten track... One is a beautiful statue of Einstein on the corner of Constitution and I think 23rd... just across the street from the Vietnam War Memorial, basically.  I love the idea of the night tour, as it is a beautiful city when lit up.  You can also check into boat tours that can take you down to Mt. Vernon--avoid the traffic and enjoy the river!

Re the insulated glass, just confirming what others have said, as I checked re the same with Earl last week and the only non-insulated windows are in the cab and anything on the roof.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: