Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hydraulic Jack (HWH) Issue -- Anyone??  (Read 567 times)
detspcl

Helpful Rating: 2
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: april/2011
Model: 2900
ModelYear: phoenix cruiser
Slide: Yes
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: full body paint
________

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2014, 10:49:01 am »

We have a 2008 PC that has HWH Hyd. Jack Levelers. A problem has cropped up and we were wondering if anyone else had the same issue. During a long trip on Tues, the yellow lite indicating that the jack(s) have deployed was activated as well as the yellow lite for the passenger site, rear jack. Since I was driving at the time I immediately stopped vehicle and checked underside. All jacks were in normal, stowed position. I hit the OFF button on jack panel and all warning lites went out and we continued on our way. As soon as I started to drive away, the same lites came on. I am able to clear the lites but, once underway, they appear again. Any thoughts? Anyone have similar problem?

Thanks in advance!!

Chuck K.
Pax

Helpful Rating: 44
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: July
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2014
IntColor: Sunlit / Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 11:34:30 am »

Chuck:

You'll probably need to do a bit of troubleshooting to see if it's a hydraulic problem, or a bad magnet or switch, or a control board.  If any of the jacks extend even 1/4-1/2 inch, for any reason the lights will come on.  I would guess that they would look like they were fully stored, when they might not be.  Here is an short except from the HWH troubleshooting manual for my model:

"Each jack has a two wire magnetic warning switch. The switch is located on top of the jack. There is a magnet inside the jack. The contacts of the switch close when the jack has extended approximately 1/4 to 1/2 inch. The contacts open when the jack is retracted. The white wire in the harness supplies a ground to the switch and the black wire carries a ground signal to the control box when the jack is extended and the switch contacts are closed."

Here is a link to the HWH Manuals and troubleshooting guides:

http://www.hwhcorp.com/service34.html

- Mike
detspcl

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 01:00:32 pm »

Actually I misspoke in my original post. I see RED indicator lights vice yellow. I just moved MH and deployed all jacks. After driving a  couple of yards I now have one light only illuminated which is the JACKS DEPLOYED light which resides to the left of the jack panel. Perhaps my problem is electrical after all. I have a call to the HWH factory but they haven't called me back.

Always something......

chuck
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 183
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 03:03:40 pm »

When you store the jacks let the system turn itself off to completely store them. Do not turn off the system when the lights go out. It takes two minutes for the system to turn itself off. If the lights are still coming on when you hit a bump then you need to check the springs and lube them. I use WD40 heavy duty water proof " silicone" spray after cleaning them.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 05:00:17 pm by TomHanlon » Logged

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
GoPhoenix

Helpful Rating: 40
________
PurchDate: 12/2010
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Slate grey/Cherry
ExtColor: Full body grey
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 10:11:21 pm »

I have one jack (passenger/rear) that wont go up all the way maybe half way.  A gentle push will return it to the full up position.  Ideas?

I remember very few of the things that Ive spent money to buy, but I remember all of the places that Ive spent money to see.
Pax

Helpful Rating: 44
________
PurchDate: July
ModelYear: 2014
IntColor: Sunlit / Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 11:09:47 pm »

Interesting.  It's the same jack that Chuck has an issue with.  Wonder if it's at the end of the hydraulic line.  Sounds like something HWH could figure out and resolve.

- Mike
detspcl

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 03:45:23 pm »

All,

The HWH factory called late and I asked them to call me on Weds and together we could do some trouble-shooting. I can live with the system as is BUT I would rather have it working normally once again. My greatest fear would be to have the jacks deploy while driving. That seems unlikely. I tried to force them to deploy while idling with the emergency brake NOT activated and thankfully the system refused to deploy. So THAT part of the system seems to work just fine.

tks

chuck
detspcl

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 01:28:40 pm »

All,

Just ended telecom with HWH tech. 30 mins of troubleshooting indicated the warning switch on the right (passenger) rear jack is faulty. This switch is a sealed switch comparable to the switch used on septic systems to indicate the system is overfull OR the septic pump has stopped working. The faulty jack switch caused the jack to indicate to the system  the jack was deployed when it obviously was not. Switch on way and hopefully this will solve the problem.

As a side note, the HWH technician was very patient and extremely helpful!

CHUCK
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 183
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 04:24:21 pm »

I am glad to see you are moving forward to correct the problem. I am also glad you are doing a follow up on here so everyone can learn from your experience. Keep up the good work. ThumbsUp

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: