Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Where do you store your golf clubs  (Read 236 times)
Badbob

Helpful Rating: 0
________
OwnPC: No
NewUsed: New
Model: None
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2014, 05:03:02 pm »

Have been looking at PC models but am concerned about lack of outside storage. I'm wondering where you golfers store your clubs?
Thanks
BadBob
Bruce and Sharon

Helpful Rating: 39
________
OwnPC: Yes
PurchDate: 8/16/2013
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2014
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Hickory
ExtColor: Cafe lower body
Location: Summer in Pacific Grove and winter in Palm Desert, California
________

PC on Monterey Bay shore

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 06:24:48 pm »

Bob,
We store our golf clubs in our Honda CR-V toad.  None of the PC models have an outside storage area large enough to hold a set of clubs in a golf bag.
Bruce and Sharon

Bruce, Sharon, Sparky dog, & Minou kitty
Carol

Helpful Rating: 3
________
PurchDate: July 2014
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2015
Slide: No
IntColor: Greystone with Sterling Leather
ExtColor: Sterling simplified
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 09:07:40 pm »

I'm not a golfer, but PC is very good about making modifications to the units they build and perhaps if you spoke to them directly, they might have an idea that would work.  For example, they are putting a broom closet in the 2450 they are building for me (rather than a 2nd slide out pantry).  This will allow me to store taller items inside.  They are even making it into two sections for me, with the smaller section on top having a slide-out, for easier access to items in the back, and the bottom part a 4-foot tall, deep closet.  Point is, they are very amenable to working with their customers and making them happy.  Good luck!
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 180
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 12:21:49 pm »

Hi BadBob,

I am glad you are asking your "golf club" questions here too.  Just to keep it all together for you, here is my input again.

If I recalled correctly, you are interested in a double bed for a couple instead of single beds.  If so, I think the brand new "Not Yet Documented" model 2450 (a 2350 plus one foot) will provide you with the golf club storage you seek.  As Carol mentioned, you may be able to store your clubs indoors inside in a pantry/closet, or outside in the under-bed storage compartment.  If you request the optional longer double bed to benefit easier entry into the bed, it should increase the outdoor storage compartment by one more foot.  If you do not get the optional slide-out, you'll get a super-sized outdoor storage compartment along with a wider indoor pantry/closet, both ideal for golf clubs.  The outdoor storage compartment will get larger yet because I believe the under-bed furnace is then located on the driver side like we have with our no-slide 2350.  Another benefit with the furnace on the driver side is that you gain an extra kitchen galley drawer, otherwise sacrificed for a furnace duct.

More storage or more floor space...it is a notable trade-off regarding a slide-out in a 2350 or 2450.

You would need to confirm all this with the factory.  Just give them a call.

Ron

« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 12:27:17 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: