Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The New Triple Slide  (Read 1052 times)
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 61
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
Model: 2100
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile WWW
« on: June 05, 2010, 04:14:32 pm »

What do you guys think about the new 2910?

Aimee, Webmistress
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 179
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 11:01:09 am »

I will be a critic here because obviously this model is wonderful at a glance.

If the dinette slide-out is bigger than the ones they used to make, then that is a very good thing.  If not, then plan on it being very confining.  My wife is 5'-2" @ 110 and me 5'-11" @ 180 pounds, and the dinette-in-slide was very confining to both of us.  Studying the floorplan, it is not clear if the slide-out dinette is big like our non-slide version here.

I do wonder about Cargo Carrying Capacity, referred to as CCC.  That is the weight you are allowed to add such as fresh water, people, gear, food, towing, etc.  On RV.net, some of the other brand motor homes, people are saying they easily over-weight their rig when adding normal stuff, which then their rig is dangerous to drive.

It would be benefitial to PC-USA over-all sales if they would include in the specs of all models, a worst case "weight scenario".  That is the CCC of a fully optioned model, and the front & rear axle weight distribution.  That would clear the air to many prospective buyers.  People will not always study such specs, but clearly posting them is evident nothing is kept secret.  In the case of the 2910, CCC would be a concern of mine.  Slide-outs do add weight, 400-600 pounds per slide-out.  One slide-out is equivalent to 2 people and all supporting stuff brought for them.

If you appreciate slide-outs, this model offers one more than most other class-C motorhomes of any brand.  Then how could you not love this model?  I especially appreciate a couch opposide the dinette.  It forms a very nice social gatthering area when entertaining guests.  It is a friendly rig to drive because it is your typical scaled-down PC, yet becomes a house once at your destination.  I could see snow birds eating this up.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 11:41:43 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
lghjr
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 41
________
OwnPC: No
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: Used to own a 2700
Model: 2700
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 08:03:01 pm »

It looks great.
It's moving back to what I got rid off.  The 3-4 slide diesel pusher.  With less usable space up front. 
As Ron mentioned weight has to be a major factor in carrying capacity.
This one would put me right back where I was with the wife not wanting to drive it, EVER. 
Two many 2' - 4' plugs in the chassis can put the weight over the rear end causing a tail wagging the dog effect, particularly with a towed.

L. G.

Terri E

Helpful Rating: 1
________
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 01:05:31 pm »

As an owner of a 2007 2900, I am very interested in the addition of a dinette because it is the one reason I would think about trading my RV.  I love the look of the opened up living area and could easily think about upgrading. 

I do notice the new unit is missing the closet that is currently next to the kitchen and that is a concern because there is already a lack of storage space.  I would love a larger shower but I do not know where I would be able to store all the items I currently store in the the closet after adding shelving.  The comments about the dinette and CCC are also big question marks for me.  I saw a unit with the dinette in the slide and I could barely get into it and I knew it would never fit my husband. 

I found the Phoenix Cruiser thru the very complimentary reviews by RV.Org.  The Phoenix Cruiser was rated well for highway handling, although the the unit I have with two slides was not as high because the slide has used much of the CCC.  I am happy with my 2900's handling, but with the addition of another slide this could become a problem.  My husband does not always travel with me and I find the 2900 VERY easy to drive and that is very desirable.     
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: