Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: refrigerator still a problem on gas  (Read 214 times)
frecklestweety

Helpful Rating: 2
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 12/2012
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
IntColor: BROWN/BEIGE
ExtColor: WHT/TAN
________

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2014, 04:12:16 pm »

Just on my first trip out and still having problems with switching over to gas when off shore power.  Before it would switch over (last season) but as I traveled it gave an error message. now it doesn't even turn on to gas.   I will be near the factory and thought it best to make an appointment. We will be staying in Shipshewanna and Elkhart is not that far. We are traveling short distances so the food does stay cold but it is frustrating not knowing how to fix it myself.   Any suggestions.   
bobander
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 131
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: April 2010
IntColor: Classic Umber
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 05:42:12 pm »

The refer will not operate on gas if the battery disconnect switch is not on.  To turn it on push the "use" side of the switch.

If your overhead lights work when not on shore power, then the switch is on and this is not your problem but I thought I would mention it anyway.

Bob A

2010  PC 2551
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 87
________
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 07:20:48 pm »

Running your generator will provide power to the refrigerator without gas.

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 166
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 08:57:52 am »

When waking up our fridge to propane gas, it takes numerous attempts for the air in the line to be pushed through.  It helps to light the stove to flush air out from the main line, but from the junction to the fridge, the air inside must get pushed through via numerous fridge ignition attempts.  It can take a 1/2 hour or longer before the fridge becomes operational on gas.  Once it's working, it is happy all trip long whether you stay on gas or toggle between 110v and gas.

As stated by others, you do need to have the 12v power system operational.  If the light inside the fridge is out, all bets are off.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 09:00:01 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
frecklestweety

Helpful Rating: 2
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 12/2012
IntColor: BROWN/BEIGE
ExtColor: WHT/TAN
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 04:54:19 pm »

Just on my first trip out and still having problems with switching over to gas when off shore power.  Before it would switch over (last season) but as I traveled it gave an error message. now it doesn't even turn on to gas.   I will be near the factory and thought it best to make an appointment. We will be staying in Shipshewanna and Elkhart is not that far. We are traveling short distances so the food does stay cold but it is frustrating not knowing how to fix it myself.   Any suggestions.   
Thanks for the info. Also the electric hot water is giving me problems but the propane hot water works ok. Prefer the electric hot water but will use what I have. Will try to work with refer on gas again. I have senior moments and forgot to turn the switch on at the bottom of steps for refer.   Dahh!!!   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: