Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Suggestions for modifications  (Read 816 times)
Janey

Helpful Rating: 0
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 8/19/14
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2014
Slide: Yes
ExtColor: Cafe
________

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2014, 01:17:43 pm »

Just as soon as we sell our '05 rialta (tell your friends), we will order a 2450. I'm interested in suggestions for mods by the manufacturer. All input is important.

Suzanna Jane (aka Janey) and Sid Shazly
GoPhoenix

Helpful Rating: 41
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 12/2010
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Slate grey/Cherry
ExtColor: Full body grey
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 03:27:47 pm »

Suggest you just talk to Earl about trading the Rialta.  I understand they take about anything in trade: motorhomes, 5th wheels, travel trailers, motorcycles, cars, trucks, spouses

I remember very few of the things that Ive spent money to buy, but I remember all of the places that Ive spent money to see.
JimDenny

Helpful Rating: 1
________
PurchDate: March 2010
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Brown
ExtColor: Brown
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 03:41:26 pm »

Help Spouse was looking over my shoulder as I was reading your reply.  She punched my shoulder and said, "Don't even think about it!"  rolling on the floor
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 319
________
PurchDate: 10/17/11
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 04:09:56 pm »

Janey;

Here is the list of options we had installed or did not have installed.  I left off the typical things like the Convenience Package, model, color and awning.  We have a 2551 on a Ford 450 chassis not the Sprinter chassis.

Feel free to send us a private message if you have any questions.

Barry

2350 Phoenix Cruiser Options

Replaced swivel chair with extra storage cabinets. View Picture

2551 Phoenix Cruiser Options

No Television Over cab
Prep For TV
Added TV and Swivel Mount View Prevois Post
No Outside Shower/ Faucet
HWH Leveling Jacks
Slide Out W/Sofa
Insulated Glass
Leather Captain Chairs
All Window Treatments Same As Sofa
Bathroom Sink Counter Cut Out
Kitchen Sink Cover Cut In Half
Driver Side Swivel View Picture
No Carpet
2 Access Doors Under Driver Twin Bed (n/a on 2450)
No Hooks in Rear Storage Compartment
No Coffee Pot
Adjustable Shelves in Both Shirt Closets.  No Hanger Bars
No Mirror By Stove
Adjustable Shelf In Cabinet Above Toilet
Delete Ladder And Roof Rack
Smart Porch Light (SL1000)
Battery Shield
Do not Install Fire Extinguisher
Install MAXXAIR Fan In Bedroom
Install Fantastic Fan In Livingroom  
12V Outlet in Bathroom
Extra Showerhead holder, 1 for Wife 1 For Me
Reverse Passenger Shirt Closet Door
Install TV And 120V Outlet on outside of Passenger Shirt Closet
1 Quart of Cherry Stain
1 Yard Of Sofa Fabric
Quieter Water Pump if Possible
Do not Install Shower Head Holder
Full Length Wing Cabinets (Both Sides) W/DVD Cutout Passenger Side
Flip Up Table On Driver Side Same as Passenger
Corian Counter Extension

Things I would add now.

Water saver hose for toilet

Would change Fantastic Fan to MAXXAIR
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 02:53:35 pm by Barry-Sue » Logged

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 180
________
PurchDate: June 2007
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 04:10:50 pm »

Yes, Phoenix USA takes in trades, but top-dollar for your Rialta would likely mean selling it yourself.  It surely does not hurt to ask.  If their offer is not a world away from what you need to get for it, consider a trade-in will lower your sales tax on your new PC.
Example:
$100K for new 2450
$30k for your trade-in
Sales tax will be paid on $70k

About the 2450, it has been teasing me since I read about it, because it too would fit in our garage.  I would basically order it the same as we did with our 2007 but maybe in different colors, but maybe not.  We really like the green exterior offered in 2007, but didn't order it because at the time there were no decent pictures available.  So we went safe with morning mist gray.

I would target a few primary benefits from the 2450
1) more outdoor storage & easier access to the rear corner bed by ordering the longer bed (sacrificing 2nd pantry at stove)
2) have a pantry between the fridge and the dinette, or larger clothes closet with inside shelving because we do okay without a pantry

Other personal notables....
- no slide out and fixed dinette like our 2007 2350 has today SEEN HERE
- leather for "ALL" seating and thermal windows throughout like we have today
- 3rd matching captain seat like we have today, better than euro-chair without a slide-out, and better for 3rd passenger
- keep furnace on driver side like our 2007, to gain more outdoor storage and one more galley drawer
- place fresh water tank sideways against the wall common with the galley to move that weight forward, and improve outdoor storage
- have the factory do what I did with our galley cabinet SEEN HERE
- get the 2450 built on an E450 (we would lower the chassis to clear the top of our 9'-11" garage door opening)
- no ladder or roof rack (I have them at home in case I change my mind. 7 years and still no change of mind)
- DVD with Surround Sound & had them mount the subwoofer inside the front dinette bench, it turned out perfect
- should have requested a 2nd "Fantastic" fan in the bathroom, can still change it later, obviously not yet important enough
- dinette awning is great, wished we got one for the bathroom too
- wished we didn't get the roof-top Winegard antenna, we use coax in RV parks and DVDs/PC-laptop/internet when cable TV is not available
- wished we requested a second porch light under the main awning at the other end for balanced lighting under the awning
- wished we asked for rear & driver side porch lights on their own shared switch, great for 270 degree campsite lighting and night time backup into dark camp sites
- I also like a lot of what is on Barry-Sue's list

Please don't hit my "Disagree".  It's my dream, not yours.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 07:25:57 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 190
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 05:31:59 pm »

The first thing I would change is to go with the E450. Then I would replace the bathroom fan with a Fantastic fan and cover both fans. I like the ladder but not the roof rack. My 2350 I passed on the rear window, the coffee pot and the mirror on the bathroom door. We made several other minor changes also.

If I only lived two and a half hours from the factory, I would run down there and see what is being built and what changes you like. I drove for 10 hours each way to see my two being built and requested changes to both of them. There is nothing like seeing them to help chose what to change.

Welcome to a great company and a good bunch on the forum that all want to help.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 07:36:49 pm »

My 2350 I passed on the rear window, the coffee pot and the mirror on the bathroom door.
We use the rear window to see what all the ruckus is all about.  It seems there is always a noise in back after we lay down for the night.  It's nice to check things out (a sneaky peek under the rear shade), especially when towing.

My wife loves that mirror and we both love that coffee maker.

Tom and I see many things from opposing sides.
 Smile  Smile Smile  You got to love it Tom  Smile  Smile  Smile

Come to think about it, most everyone here is like Tom.   Cheers to all!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 07:42:49 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Carol

Helpful Rating: 3
________
PurchDate: July 2014
ModelYear: 2015
IntColor: Greystone with Sterling Leather
ExtColor: Sterling simplified
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 09:04:11 pm »

Congratulations on your soon-to-be-new vehicle.
Exciting stuff!

I have a 2450 being built for me now and there were many helpful suggestions made by lovely forum members in the "Introduce Yourself" thread.  Rather than repeating them here (you can see them all on that thread) or going into what I chose to do, I'd only suggest that you look hard at what your primary needs will be in the context of how you will be using the rig.

For example, will you be full-timing (if so, I'd say look hard at your storage options and different places where you can get more)?  Boon docking much (if so, you might want to consider the solar panel)?  Will you need space to spread out to do computer or other work (the dinette is attractive from that perspective)?  How many people and pets will be in the vehicle (this might influence whether you want a slide and the extra floor space it gives as well as how much seating you need)?  Will you be traveling extensively or moseying along to nice campgrounds with full hookups for weeks at a time (hydraulic jacks might be nice if you will be parking in new spots often)?

Once you rank your priorities, study other 2350 and 2450 photos, floor plans, and options and see where you can tweak things to best meet your needs--like a cabinet or a comfy chair behind the passenger seat and either the slide out pantry or a longer bed.  By the way, you can find some nice photos of the cabinet they put in place of the easy chair in the 3100 model pictures. 

Bottom line, PC is awesome about doing what they can, where they can, to accommodate their customers.

Good luck and have a blast putting your unit together!
Carol

2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 81
________
PurchDate: May 2013
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 10:57:43 am »

Congratulations! I know you've been planning for your Phoenix for quite some time now. As for mods, the front of your 2450 will be very similar to our 2552. My suggestions are:
- Water sprayer on the toilet (after that I know nothing about that bath)
- Cut the kitchen sink cover in half side to side so it doesn't go through the handle cut
- We like the Corian on our flip up shelf (adds weight)
- Kitchen faucet offset at the corner between the stove and sink (may be standard now)
- Deeper cabinets over the couch (if you get the couch)
- Propane quick connect on the passenger side
- HDMI port/cable attached to back of TV and pulled through into front cabinet (so you can plug in camera, Kindle, Computer and have it display on the TV screen - we use for photos, videos, etc.)
- Vinyl throughout, personal choice but so much easier to clean with a pet

- I regret not getting a solar panel; it is an increase in cost and weight... but I wish we had one

Remember that the desk/cabinets you saw in our PC behind the passenger seat are not standard. We use them a lot but they do make it tight next to the euro chair when the slide is in so there is a trade off. They also add a good bit of weight.

We also bought the StarLights smart light 1000 porch light (motion detector with daylight sensor), and shipped it to Phoenix. They installed it prior to the paint phase. Once we got it, we replaced the clear lens with amber. If we remember to turn it on, it lights up as we approach so we can see to get into the house safely. http://www.starlightsinc.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=11&idcategory=4

I hope you are able to sell your Rialta quickly and order your new Phoenix. Now that the decision is made, the wait is going to seem brutal. I also recommend a trip to the factory if you can do it. You'll see other rigs being built and options they chose and will probably have a "wouldn't it be nice if..." moment. There is also a whole new color scheme coming out for 2015 that isn't in the brochure you have.

If you have any questions, feel free to send a personal message. We love our Phoenix and know you will also. Enjoy the excitement!
   John and Holly

John, Holly, Chloe & Snickers (The "nanny' cat)

Plan at least three years on the road - living, laughing, working and playing in the PC.
Janey

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 11:55:37 am »

We are having trouble selling our rialta because it has 108,000 miles on it.  I am discouraged and disappointed. I really want the PC and am keeping a list of the suggested improvements. Lots of helpful suggestions.  Thanks you guys.

ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2014, 12:52:01 pm »

Tell us all about your Rialta.  If we know anyone on other RV forums looking for something like it, we are prepared to share.  Any pics to share?

Denny & Barb

Helpful Rating: 26
________
PurchDate: 4-08-2012
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

Medicine Bow, Wy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2014, 07:23:47 pm »

Congrats Janey for getting ready for a PC. Barb and I also came from a Rialta.  Ours was a 99 and had 87k on it. We traded it in, and felt we got a good trade in offer.  Actually, PC asked us to name our price range that we were looking to get, and they excepted!  That worked for us.

Give them a try..

Your Word or Lord is a light to my feet and a lantern to my path...  Ps 119
Janey

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2014, 07:37:21 pm »

They didn't want it as a trade in.  I've just about given up. The nada price is $25,450 and we get offers for $18,000. I'm afraid it just isn't going to happen.

Carol

Helpful Rating: 3
________
PurchDate: July 2014
ModelYear: 2015
IntColor: Greystone with Sterling Leather
ExtColor: Sterling simplified
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2014, 09:46:19 pm »

I'm sure you've already explored listing with RV Trader, but just in case you haven't, they seem to be a really good way to get your vehicle advertised to a wide internet audience.  I do hope it works out for you somehow.  Good luck!
Carol

ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2014, 11:01:03 pm »

Being the last year 2005, I would have thought a Rialta follower would have grabbed it because the later the better.

It does seem that in general, NADA-RV can be off on the high side compared to actual street values.  With regular automobiles NADA is almost always right on.  I think part of the problem is that NADA-RV cannot account for the huge range in RV condition.

An auto example, take my elderly mother's highly desirable 2002 Chevy Tracker ZR2 with only 16,000 miles.  Because it is always parked on a city street, the elements just wrecked it.  NADA says one thing, but all the raw faded plastic bumpers and fenders and salt-eaten alloy wheels say differently.  In my mother's case it might be worth replacing all the bolt-on ugly and then it would be true to NADA.

How many motor homes are stored indoors when not in-use?  Outdoor storage is extremely hard on any vehicle, but especially motor homes.  I think that is one reason why NADA-RV varies from street value.  Of coarse there are other factors as well.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 10:22:00 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print

Jump to: