Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Back-up Camera  (Read 648 times)
gl1500

Helpful Rating: 60
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: May. 2014
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2551/2014
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Hickory
ExtColor: Cafe'
________

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2010, 12:20:02 pm »

While washing my 2010 PC2350, I noticed a large gap between the wire harness and the rubber grommet where the wire from the camera passes through the outer shell of the coach.  Spraying water for washing and rinsing allows water to enter the cavity between the outer shell and the inner wall.  Rain would enter the area as well.  Would recommend checking units with a back-up camera for this problem and sealing the area with a clear silicone sealer.  Also on the 2350, in the compartments to the left and right of the TV, the outer wall behind the wallboard has no insulation, just the fiberglass outer shell.  If you can add some insulation in this area it will keep from overheating this area which is adjacent to the TV and electronics always appreciate being cool.
   Bob
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 190
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 11:22:35 am »

Thank you ThankYou, I have already done the silcone on the back-up cable on our 2010 PC2350. I also found it washing the MH last week.
About 1/2 hour ago I noticed the heat in the two cabinets. I was thinking about looking for a vent to put at the top on the inside to let the heat escape into the coach. Did you figure out what type of insulation and how to put it up in those wierd shaped cabinets? thinking

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
gl1500

Helpful Rating: 60
________
PurchDate: May. 2014
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2551/2014
IntColor: Hickory
ExtColor: Cafe'
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 05:43:24 pm »

Wall Insulation:  I was able to pull the top of the wallboard down and with a mirror see the missing insulation.  My thoughts were to find some non-fiberglass insulation that I could force down in the area from the top.  Wanted to keep from cutting the wallboard and coming up with a method to re-secure it.  My other thought was to remove the wallboard in that area and cut a piece of 1" foam and form it to the area, then re-attach the wallboard. Have not done either yet. I spoke to Kermit and suggested it would be much easier to insulate during construction.
     I also removed one of the lights below the back-up camera to see why all those lights have water in them.  No evidence of where the water intrusion is occurring. All the rear lights along the top show water inside although they are all SAE approved lights.  While I had the light out I checked inside and find the interior wall is plywood and there appears to be a shelf down about a foot below the light opening, which is probably a structural stiffener.  It is also plywood, so it is important to not get a lot of water in that area.  Just my thoughts.
    Bob 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: