Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: HWH Levelers  (Read 919 times)
Sparky
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 39
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 12/12
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2008
Slide: No
________

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2014, 11:34:08 am »

Alright you talked me into it haha.... Ron please don't die we need you    I need to go run the Beast this week anyway will give it whirl and see what happens
sparky
Sparky
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2014, 10:00:17 am »

LEVLER REPORT- went to the storage to exercise the Beast.  the storage area is perfectly sloped and ideal to use the levelers. (rear area down,,)  So following  manual, hit the auto level and in about 2 minutes had perfectly level RV,, WOW,, what a DA I have been for not using them.  Guess I will need to get some boards now.. I also like the Alarm button to let you know that you have in the front to let you know there extended... need one for the antenna haha... was playing with the TV a month or two ago nearly drove back into the storage with it up,,,, yeah I know,,, I usually put a tag up but was to lazy to get it out since I was just messing around

Anyway thanks all you guys for selling me on using them  I am believer now

sparky
Bob Mahon
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 58
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 6/2011
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2011
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Tan/Gray/Cherry
ExtColor: Lower Slate Gray
________

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2014, 10:34:11 am »

Suggestion:
Put your keys on a ring large enough to fit over the antenna crank handle and hang the keys there when the antenna is up.
A little sign placed on the Driver's seat won't hurt either.

Carry on, regardless..................
"In God we trust" to save our country and bring our troops safely home.
Sparky
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2014, 10:50:21 am »

Yeah I know,,, I have one of those plastic holders for cards I usually keep it there, but again was in storage,, guess should leave it there all the time haha.... I was about 3/4 ft from driving into the storage shed when I remembered  lucky me haha
sparky
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 313
________
PurchDate: 10/17/11
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2014, 12:53:38 pm »

Sparky

Here is a link to a previous post about jack pads.  It may be helpful here.

http://www.phoenixusarv.com/community/index.php/topic,1527.msg11452.html#msg11452

Barry

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 183
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2014, 01:27:11 pm »

We use a clothes pin that stays on the crank handle until it goes up. Then it goes on the gear shift.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 177
________
PurchDate: June 2007
ModelYear: 2007
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2014, 05:08:18 pm »

We never have a problem with our antenna because we NEVER USE IT.     .....wishing we left it at the factory.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 81
________
PurchDate: May 2013
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2014, 08:08:10 am »

Sparky, we have the factory installed leveling jacks on our 2552 and love them. They don't always get us totally level due to some extreme slopes we've camped on but they make it so much easier to get level most of the time. We are full time and have moved 54 times since October 2, 2013 (far too many times). Those jacks have been deployed just about every time. Even if we are level, we drop them to stabilize the rig. As noted previously, we wish they could be controlled individually but we manage as they are. Ours have never stuck down and only once did one jack refuse to extend on the first try, however, we retracted and tried again and it dropped down. The jacks are drive-off jacks so if they do get stuck down,  you pull forward and they kick back up. We know this because in our newbie days, John jacked the rear tires off the ground and we rocked forward off the jacks (major no-no, those rear tires are your brakes). We do use little yellow jack pads to avoid digging into soft ground but they are lighter and thinner than leveling blocks. John's favorite set up seems to be front tires off the ground. I don't know why. Maybe it's a guy thing. Even when I think we are level he decides the front needs to come up. At least the back tires stay firmly on the ground now.

I suggest you oil those springs and test the jacks. Just drop and retract a few times. You don't have to be on level ground, just flatish ground. Lumpy ground sometimes makes it so we can't get them down under us but moving the rig a bit usually resolves that.

The jacks make set up so much easier, I can't imagine being without them at this point. I suspect that once you've tried them out, you'll seldom camp without them.

Holly

John, Holly, Chloe & Snickers (The "nanny' cat)

Plan at least three years on the road - living, laughing, working and playing in the PC.
Sparky
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2014, 09:43:00 am »

Barry
 Just read all the post re pads,, thanks informative,,, Ron,,, think I will make sure to exercise the Levelers along with the Genny,, easy to do.. also give me some practice,,, (I know you don't exercise your Genny) but I do...again thanks for all the advice,, good job,, BTW anyway to disconnect the buzzer from the warning ??  Darn thing is really loud,, will drive my dog nuts, realize it's a safety thing,, but the light is still there
sparky
skipper

Helpful Rating: 17
________
PurchDate: 08/13
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Tan
ExtColor: Gold
________

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2014, 03:36:32 pm »

We have had our 2552 for almost a year and always deploy the levelers if nothing else to stabilize the vehicle.  Even the so called level lots where we park aren't usually level and I like to lift the right side a tiny bit more than the left so the a/c and rain drain to the side we don't spend much time.

Ours aren't auto level and it takes some practice to figure out which buttons to push and how long.  In fact, I'm still practicing!  We have bubble levels in the kitchen and my wife tells me when we are level.  I find the indicator lights on the unit that tell you when you are level can be off quite a bit.  And like someone else said, the up arrow means move the vehicle up, not lift the leveler up.  I need to cut some wood pieces to put under the pads when we park on loose gravel or dirt because we sink in a little over a weekend.

The levelers will completely lift the front end off the ground which should help in the event I ever have a front flat.  I understand if the levelers won't respond after being deployed, you can drive off of them.  I've never tried it and I wouldn't want to.   I think they are a very worthwhile accessory.  Mark

Mark
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: