Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: vibration in driveline  (Read 1386 times)
medgilmore

Helpful Rating: 1
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 2/21/14
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2014
Slide: Yes
IntColor: CHERRY
ExtColor: METALIC BROWN
________

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 09:39:55 pm »

HAPPY
I WAS JUST OVER TO ELKHART/KERMIT TO DRIVESHAFT  SHOP THEY HAD IT SIX HRS. AND BALANCE AND ALIGNED THE COMPLETE ASSY. JUST AS THEY HAVE BEEN DONING FOR YEARS ON MANY PIECES OF EQUIPMENT IN THE LAST 50 YRS, [N THE INDUSTRY
THERE IS A DIFFERENCE IN ALIGNEMENT AFTER WE LOAD THEM DOWN WITH STUFF AND NEED REDONE SOMETIMES. THERE IS A DEFFINATE DIFFERENCE IN DRIVELINE WHIP AND TIRE WHEEL ROTATIONAL HOP OR VIABRATION  THE INVOICE WAS NOT A WARRANTY RESPONSIBILITY OF THE JOBBER ON MY 2014 --2551 SMOOTH AS SILK NOW GOOD JOB AS FAR AS TIRE BALANCE I PREFER BEAD BAG BALANCE TO WEIGHTS USED THEM FOR 45' COACHES AND OTHER A'S AND CLASSES OF RV'S I
HAVE ENJOYED Wink
ragoodsp

Helpful Rating: 37
________
PurchDate: May 5, 2012
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2014, 09:59:24 am »

Update...I called Ford Motor Co.'s RV customer service line yesterday to inquire as to what suggestions they might have to remedy the ongoing vibration I have in my 2012 E-450 with 7,000 miles on it....I placed the call primarily out of principal and due to the fact I know there are no Ford dealers in NH that have the capability to balance all three shafts at once... I was primarily looking for permission to go "out of network" without loosing the potential for Ford warranty coverage.   My conversation began positive but soon turned somewhat negative as the Ford rep resorted to reading from the "old Ford defensive play book".  For the record there are two certified Ford frame modifiers in Elkhart who follow closely the Ford tech specs for frame extending and in most cases actually utilize Ford drive shafts for the application.  Because Ford did not do the actual work they are not responsible for any warranty coverage.  While I understand their position I find this "gray area" disturbing in that I have read the warranty booklet very closely and there is absolutely no mention of any break in driveline warranty coverage (5 years/60,000 miles) if the frame has been modified.   The booklet specifically mentions limo and ambulance applications (no mention of RV's) but states clearly that as long as the fabricators use a Ford certified chassis for specific applications the Ford warranty is still in affect.  PC uses RV certified chassis in all of their coaches.  As the end user I think we should all be aware that if there is and issue with the frame, drive shafts, of other components excluding the engine, transmission and rear end we are all with out any  Ford warranty coverage.  We all spend a lot of money to purchase our coaches and with that purchase comes the implied warranty coverage and I find it upsetting when an issue surfaces know one (Ford, the certified Ford frame extender, or PC) steps up to assist the owner.  In conclusion,  I spoke with my local Ford dealer who is willing to approach the regional Ford rep about some assistance (good will $$$) when the vibration is resolved.  What is ironic is the Ford dealer got absolutely nothing out of my purchase of the PC and yet is willing to help me out.   I look forward to what differing opinions of this situation you all have?   "Live Free or Die", NH's state slogan says it all.   Thanks
skipper

Helpful Rating: 19
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 08/13
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Tan
ExtColor: Gold
________

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2014, 10:38:59 pm »

The service manager at my local Ford dealer was extremely helpful.  He went out of his way to ride with me and offered to send the driveshaft out to a 3rd party for re-balancing.  He rebalanced my tires, put the rv up on the rack and tried different spacers to make it better and charged me nothing for the services.  He told me he has rv's come in all the time with issues that don't fall under Ford's warranty or the coach warranty and he is caught in the middle.  I decided to move forward on my own, rather than try to fight with Ford over a frame modification warranty claim.  PC was helpful in troubleshooting, but it was made clear that even though my PC was only 7 months old, the warranty stopped with the original owner.  Buyer beware.

Mark
ragoodsp

Helpful Rating: 37
________
PurchDate: May 5, 2012
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2014, 09:42:38 am »

Skipper....I hear you loud and clear and the hassle is some times just not worth it but it just irritates me that the coach owner  (I purchased the unit new) purchases a coach expecting everything to be A-OK and when it is not it should be made right especially if the unit only has 7000 miles on it.   I am sure many would not feel the vibration I feel or they would merely tolerate it, I am critical and will get the vibration fixed one way or another.  I have had my issues with Ford going back to a 1995 Holiday Rambler on the F-53 chassis that had ongoing fuel pump issues that Ford could not seem to resolve and we "settled" and not in a Ford dealership setting!   I have been told by someone who knows that any of the company reps that you might talk to in regards to warranty work or buy back negotiations are actually compensated on how much they do not pay out, so it is in their best interest to push back on the consumer.   thanks
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 02:47:35 pm by ragoodsp » Logged
Dave & Julie

Helpful Rating: 0
________
PurchDate: October 20, 2014
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2015
IntColor: Desert Sand
ExtColor: Desert Sand
________

Dave, Julie, Flurry & Rags

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2014, 05:36:54 pm »

WOW this drive train vibration issue is not the news we wanted hear.  Help We pick up our 2910T next month.  Does anyone know how common this vibration is on the PCs?  Is there a place to get it fixed in Elkhart? 

Thanks to everyone for all the information posted.   
GoPhoenix

Helpful Rating: 41
________
PurchDate: 12/2010
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Slate grey/Cherry
ExtColor: Full body grey
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2014, 08:21:49 am »

Wouldnt be concerned about it.  Weve had two PCs never a problem.  Never seen this topic before on this forum in the eight years Ive been on it.  Clearly, this was a very rare anomaly. 

I remember very few of the things that Ive spent money to buy, but I remember all of the places that Ive spent money to see.
Dave & Julie

Helpful Rating: 0
________
PurchDate: October 20, 2014
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2015
IntColor: Desert Sand
ExtColor: Desert Sand
________

Dave, Julie, Flurry & Rags

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2014, 08:47:24 am »

Grin Thanks for the info, that's what we were hoping to hear.  The reason we picked PC was mainly because of the quality...well they look great too!  This Ford chassis has been around for a while & seems to be a really good platform.  We are newbies to the motor home world so it's great to have access to owners who have experience. 

Our pick-up date is October 20th....really looking forward to seeing it.     
bobojay

Helpful Rating: 11
________
OwnPC: No
Model: None
Slide: No
IntColor: Desert Sand-Hickory
ExtColor: Desert Sand-Lower
________

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2014, 02:00:24 pm »

Grin Thanks for the info, that's what we were hoping to hear.  The reason we picked PC was mainly because of the quality...well they look great too!  This Ford chassis has been around for a while & seems to be a really good platform.  We are newbies to the motor home world so it's great to have access to owners who have experience. 

Our pick-up date is October 20th....really looking forward to seeing it.     

We need pics when you get it! Getting full body paint or lower?

Bob & Sharon
Current: 2013 Winnebago ERA Class B Sprinter Van
Future: 2100 special, 2350, ?? on a 450 chassis, no slide
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: