Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: One HWH Leveler Not Extending  (Read 219 times)
Pax

Helpful Rating: 44
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: July
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2014
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Sunlit / Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2014, 11:03:20 am »

We've just returned from a long trip, during which we deployed our levelers about 40 times with no problems.  On our last two stops the right front leveler failed to extend initially and had to be manually coaxed into the down position.  Once it was in the down position it operated correctly.  It also stored correctly.  I think Bruce and Sharon reported encountering this problem, with the same leveler, but not sure if anyone else has had this problem and what the solution/outcome was.  Hoping someone has an idea before I start tinkering with it or attempting to contact HWH.

- Mike
Bruce and Sharon

Helpful Rating: 38
________
PurchDate: 8/16/2013
IntColor: Hickory
ExtColor: Cafe lower body
Location: Summer in Pacific Grove and winter in Palm Desert, California
________

PC on Monterey Bay shore

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 11:34:24 am »

Mike,
I talked about this issue with a tech at HWH last week.  He suggested that I keep pushing on the front extend button until one front leveler touches the ground.  At that point the other leveler should start to extend.  That worked for use when we arrived here in the Santa Cruz mountains.
--Bruce

Bruce, Sharon, Sparky dog, & Minou kitty
Pax

Helpful Rating: 44
________
PurchDate: July
IntColor: Sunlit / Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 12:07:55 pm »

Bruce:  Thanks...that eliminates the need to do the manual thing.  Did the tech give you a reason why this happens, or whether it will magically fix itself?  Seems like a systemic thing, given we have the issue on the same leveler.   I'll probably spend some time looking over the schematics and do some investigation.  If nothing else, I'll have a better understanding of how they actually work.  I'll let you know if I find anything interesting.

- Mike
bhgareau

Helpful Rating: 7
________
PurchDate: 05/12
Model: 2400 Ford
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: dusk
ExtColor: sterling
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 03:05:28 pm »

We have experienced the same issue at various times with each of the four units at various times. We noted that it tended to happen after long trips or when the undercarriage was exposed to particularly dusty/muddy/dirty conditions. After talking to technicians we do our best to keep the units relatively clean and regularly use WD40 to lubricate the springs. This seems to keep incidents of hesitation to a minimum.
Bruce and Sharon

Helpful Rating: 38
________
PurchDate: 8/16/2013
IntColor: Hickory
ExtColor: Cafe lower body
Location: Summer in Pacific Grove and winter in Palm Desert, California
________

PC on Monterey Bay shore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 09:33:46 pm »

Mike,
It is the left front jack that tends to hang up when extending the jacks on our PC.  The tech said that the cause is usually some paint or mud that binds the jack.  I asked about some lubrication as the owner's manual says no maintenance is normally required except regular WD-40 could be sprayed on the cylinders.  He said that some other lubricant could be used on the springs and the pivot arm.

The tech did say that something else could be causing the problem and that it could be covered by warranty.  So, it might be good to notify HWH of any continuing problem before the end of the warranty period.

I plan to spray on some Break Free CLP on the springs and pivot arm points when I get to a place where I can get under the rig with body and eye protection.

Bruce

Bruce, Sharon, Sparky dog, & Minou kitty
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: