Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New member  (Read 453 times)
Benny820

Helpful Rating: 0
________
OwnPC: No
NewUsed: New
Model: 2100
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2014, 10:18:12 am »

Hi Everyone,   My wife Bev and myself are new to the PC forum, we have been researching class  c and it looks like PC is for us. We have read much on the customer support, I must say the responces to my many questions was more than I expected. Hopefully, we will be ordering at the end of the year. We like the2552 model with a dinette and we're hoping to get some feedback on how others like this model,etc, how is mpg without towing. We look forward to being a PC owner and hope to meet some others in the future.
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 189
________
OwnPC: Yes
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 11:06:42 am »

We love ours. We just updated the cabinet doors over the sink to be like the new models. I removed the center post and replaced the doors with wider doors to fill in the gap. I got the doors from Carol at the factory. You can not ask for better customer support then you get at Phoenix.

I get any where from 8 to 10 mpg depending on the terrain and my speed. Towing our Jeep liberty reduces that by 1 mpg.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
Pax

Helpful Rating: 47
________
PurchDate: July
ModelYear: 2014
IntColor: Sunlit / Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 11:37:20 am »

We love ours as well.  It is a very comfortable, livable home on wheels.  We don't have the dinette, but opted for the power sofa/recliners/bed and use some nifty foldable tables for meals inside.  I miss the extra horizontal space that the dinette would afford, especially when preparing meals inside, but everything's a trade off.

We love the fact that there are many options for power, water, sewer, television which gives you a lot of flexibility in how and where you choose to camp.  Just returned from a 3 month, 8500 mile tour of the country.  In some places we stayed up to a week and others just a night.  We found that once you get used to hooking up and setting up, it really takes very little time or effort.  One of my favorite things about our rig is the 17' awning, which really makes a difference in not only keeping the rig cooler, but also in creating a nice outdoor area.

Our MPG is about the same as Tom's....in the 9-10 range and about 1 mpg less when towing our Ford Edge.  I can do better than that by keeping a close eye on the ScanGauge and staying in the best MPG zone in relation to RPM, but that gets a bit tiring and not generally worth the effort.

Lastly, we love our wood floors!  Very durable, easy to clean (even with two little furry dogs), looks great and is a bit classy.

- Mike
skipper

Helpful Rating: 18
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 08/13
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Tan
ExtColor: Gold
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 03:01:32 pm »

I generally drive 62-63 mph and we always seem to get 9.2 mpg.  According to the scan gauge, mpg go up to 10 or 12 if you drive b/w 50-55.  I tried that, but we never got anywhere.  At 62 mph, I rarely pass anyone on the interstate.  After owning the 2552 for a year, our chief complaint is the sleeping arrangements.  We would prefer a dedicated queen size bed and really don't like sleeping on the fold out couch.   Right now, I'm building a bridge b/w the single beds so they can be rotated 90 degrees into a nice large bed.  Of course, this is a tradeoff too.  Someone must climb over someone to get to the bathroom.

Mark
2travel

________
PurchDate: June2013
ModelYear: 2006
IntColor: Honey Maple
ExtColor: Sterling lower body paint
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 12:33:37 pm »

Hi New Members,  in July we ordered the 2552 with slide and dinette.  After a year in the 2100 we knew we liked the slide for expanded space, the dinette so we don't have to set up a table 2 to 3 times a day and the twin beds so no one has to climb over the other.  We also added thermo pane windows and surge protector. We are looking forward to ours for the comfort, extra space and storage.  I drove the E450  2552 in stock and was impressed by the ride and handling.  Hope this helps you decide.  2travel
Benny820

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 09:07:10 pm »

Thank you, going to the rv show in Hersey,Penn. Earl says they plan to have a 2552 there. Looking forward to it.  Thanks.  Tim
NHWanderlust

Helpful Rating: 4
________
ModelYear: looking
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 12:39:10 pm »

We will be at Hersey too looking at them all but with a special interest in a 2552.

Richard & Jackie Whitney
Lee, New Hampshire
2travel

________
PurchDate: June2013
ModelYear: 2006
IntColor: Honey Maple
ExtColor: Sterling lower body paint
________

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 09:48:16 pm »

If  Earl takes the Greystone full body paint it is the we test drove.   It handles great and if you want a Greystone with sofa, it is the 2552 for you.  Have fun!  2travel
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 180
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 10:06:48 am »

Welcome Ben & Bev.  Have fun in your PC adventure.  We really enjoyed our time in determining what was ideal for us, then to place our order.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: