Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2009 owners manaul  (Read 312 times)
monacoman

Helpful Rating: 0
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: March, 2014
Model: 2400 Ford
ModelYear: 2009
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Beige
ExtColor: Brown
________

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2014, 07:47:21 pm »

How can I obtain an owners manual for a 2009 model 2400? Thanks for any help.
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 324
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 10/17/11
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 07:29:42 am »

I would call the factory and have them send you the latest manual.  You can then go through it and see if anything major has changed.  Much of the equipment on the PC has its own manufacturer manual.

Also go under the Links and Contacts section of this forum and you will find a post on Product Contacts with all the TNs and websites were you can download the manuals right from the manufacturer.

We will be in Stuart FL the first two weeks of January at the COE park.  You are welcome to come over and  look through our manuals and copy what you need.

Here is the link to the Product Contact Post:

http://www.phoenixusarv.com/community/index.php/topic,834.0.html

Sue
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 08:10:21 am by Barry-Sue » Logged

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 179
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 09:51:11 am »

Back in 2007, our PC-2350 owners manual was written years prior consisting of some poor quality photo-copies with captions, that covered the entire model line-up.  It covered simple systems not covered by product-specific manuals.  Being our first self contained motor home, I was quite uneasy to have such basic documentation.  I hoped for details that I could read through to familiarize myself before our maiden voyage.  I learned so much from our first weekend trip, never referring to that photo-copy document.

In PC's defense, I think they would need to hire 3, maybe 4 full time staffers for a year to create quality and detailed manuals for each PC model, then one staffer to maintain it thereafter.  Then there would be printing costs and such.  It would be a lot to invest in something that is really not necessary.  And how many manuals of each model would be printed?  Very few.  I personally would not want to see those costs added into the purchase price of the motor home.  As it is today the company controls cost by carrying over their sales brochure.  I once asked Aimee why the brochure does not have color pallets like we see in automotive brochures.  I was surprised what it takes to accurately provide color samples in a brochure.  Cost for that alone is quite high.

The way the company handles owners manuals and sales brochures, makes sense to me.  I'd much rather have a leather interior for example, than an a nice owners manual and sales brochure.  I do think it would be nice if they could update the pictures in the brochure to reflect current day color choices.  Maybe they already do that and I am not paying enough attention.  Keep in mind, Aimee is contracted to maintain the brochure and website.  She does what they pay her to do.  It is not a reflection on her.  It's what PC-USA decides to invest in.

Cheers to both Aimee and PC-USA
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 10:03:15 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 81
________
PurchDate: May 2013
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 07:02:45 am »

Karen gave me a bunch of brochures when I was there a few months back and said the new brochures are in the works. They were just finalizing the new colors. The swatches and paint samples were all in the break room.

John, Holly, Chloe & Snickers (The "nanny' cat)

Plan at least three years on the road - living, laughing, working and playing in the PC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: