Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Best-kept secret  (Read 1184 times)
Bob Mahon
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 59
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 6/2011
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2011
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Tan/Gray/Cherry
ExtColor: Lower Slate Gray
________

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2010, 12:24:37 pm »

Phoenix Cruiser has got to be 1 of the best-kept secrets in the RV world. We have been asked many, many times about our 2350. No-one has heard of them and all seem to be taken by them. Actually, a number of people have asked to take a peek at the interior and, in the process, I pointed out the fit and finish. This seemed to impress a lot of folks because they were comparing it to theirs.

Since we are so happy with our decision to downsize from a DP, it is easy for us to expound on the merits of our PC.

Carry on, regardless..................
"In God we trust" to save our country and bring our troops safely home.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 179
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 11:54:52 pm »

We too get people coming up to us to look over our 2350.  Funny, about 25% of them are from people waiting behind us at the dump station.  "What's that you are doing there?"  They are amazed by the simplicity and rinse-free slinky of the Sani-Con.  Others are attracted by it's small size and maybe the full-body-paint job is eye catching.

I have a stack of unused older PC brochures I asked Phoenix USA to mail me.  Everyone who asks any questions, gets one.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Phoenix

Helpful Rating: 3
________
PurchDate: January 2007
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2910/2007
IntColor: Green
ExtColor: White
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 01:26:33 pm »

Having the only PC in the United Kingdom (2007 2900 w/two slideouts) I often get asked what is it and where did I get it from. I also have several old and newish brochures to show and distribute when they have a look inside. Most
viewers seem pleasantly surprised at the quality and space available. My previous RV's were one C Class and three
A Class before I downsized.
Chris
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 179
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 03:12:33 pm »

Phoenix, Is your steering wheel on the proper side there?  If not, how is that working for you with the entry door on the wrong side as well?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 03:14:31 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Phoenix

Helpful Rating: 3
________
PurchDate: January 2007
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2910/2007
IntColor: Green
ExtColor: White
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 05:34:36 pm »

Hi Ron
The PC is exactly the same as American spec, left hand drive etc. The only alterations we have to have done is the vehicle lights have to be altered to  comply with UK regulations and have in addition to the internal electric 12v and 110v system a number of 240v outlets for UK items (kettles, toaster, TV's etc.)
There are approx 10,000+ American RV's in the UK. Three clubs which specify you have to own an American RV to be a member and attend their Rallies and other club activities. Other motorhome clubs available have mixed European RV's but also accept American RV's as members.
Two of the main problems to owning American RV's in the UK is the lack of servicing and repair facilities available and narrow roads in Europe.
One other big problem for all motorists in the UK is the price of fuel and American engines are very thirsty. Despite the problems it is still a very worhwhile way of enjoying life and I have owned and been driving American RV's for 20 years.
Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: