Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: bathroom (the head) faucet  (Read 546 times)
kevin

Helpful Rating: 22
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 9/2010
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2011
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Maple
ExtColor: White
________

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2010, 10:28:57 am »

Hi, Has anybody changed, by themselves or by Phoenix, the standard faucet?  Stuart said that I can send him a faucet & they will install it.  My wifey, Linda, likes the one which is in one of the pictures of a 3100 and I have looked high & low at Menard's (where it supposedly came from) to no avail.  So, I thought to ask the forum members what they think of whatever faucet they have and what they wish they had......our unit is to be built soon, so answer away....please
thanks
kevin
PJ Corey

Helpful Rating: 3
________
PurchDate: 4/2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 06:23:22 pm »

We will swap the kitchen faucet (on the 2551) for an Aquasource bar faucet (brushed nickle, swivel, single handle with pull down spray) available at Lowe's for about $128.  When we had our Winnebago View we changed the standard faucet to this one based on hundreds of suggestions from other View owners and it worked wonderfully.    It looks like the swap is going to be very tough on the PC, though, since there is very little room to maneuver under the sink.   I think the bathroom faucet has to go as well but haven't decided on an replacement yet. 
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 167
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 10:12:58 pm »

On our 2007, I changed out our cheap white plastic bathroom faucet with a real nice quality faucet that has a long reach with swivel, further described on this post:  http://phoenixusarv.com/community/index.php?topic=8.0

Installation required no tools with all hand loosen & tighten with hand friendly PC connectors.  It changed out in very quick time.  A local Menards store was closing due to relocation, so we bought a $140 Delta 2569SS faucet for $48.

I advise to have the factory install their cheap plastic faucet (assuming they still install that type) and change it in your own time.  After a trip or two, you will have a better idea of what type of faucet would meet your needs best, and give you time to find a great deal.  In our case, the swivel spicket and pinky finger on/off action, were highest priorities.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 07:58:28 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: