Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Henry Horton State Park, TN  (Read 940 times)
AMW

Helpful Rating: 30
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: July/2014
Model: 2100
ModelYear: 2015
Slide: No
IntColor: Toast
ExtColor: Sterling
________

2015 2100-stretch

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2014, 10:05:47 pm »

Here we are in Henry Horton State Park, near Chapel Hill TN, not very far south of Nashville.  This is our second trip in the new PC, and our first time ever in a state park.  So I have nothing to compare it with, but what a beautiful place. Quiet, immaculate, easy paved roads and site pads, plenty of room between sites.  We have been here three days between last weekend's competition in Huntsville AL and next weekend's competition in Franklin TN.  I will be sad to leave in the morning, it has been lovely.

Ann W.
Carol

Helpful Rating: 102
________
PurchDate: July 2014
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2015 (2351)
IntColor: Greystone with Sterling Leather
ExtColor: Sterling simplified
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 09:59:06 am »

Very pretty, Ann!  I do State parks a lot and, while the "quality" and prices vary a fair amount, they are usually pretty reasonable.  Usually a Camp Host is present, which I like.  The prices are lower than most private parks.  At a minimum electric hookup is available and often full hookup is, as well (although out West I found electric hookups were often not available).  The best part for those of us who travel with doggies is that State Parks usually have a lot of beautiful land surrounding the campground with assorted trails and network of roads--great for long dog walks!  Thanks for the tip on your stop at Henry Horton and good luck at your next competition!

bobojay

Helpful Rating: 18
________
OwnPC: No
Model: None
IntColor: Desert Sand-Hickory
ExtColor: Desert Sand-Lower
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 04:50:57 pm »

We almost always seek out state parks and COE parks too. The senior discount helps a lot in the states that take them, and it's hard to pass up those $12.00 COE rates.

Again, beautiful rig Ann....

Bob & Sharon
Current: 2013 Winnebago ERA Class B Sprinter Van
Future: 2100 special, 2350, ?? on a hopefully Ford Transit 350 or 450
JackD

Helpful Rating: 30
________
PurchDate: 2017 (latest)
Model: 2350 Sprinter
ModelYear: 2017
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Greystone
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 10:58:06 am »

We try to stay in State Parks whenever we can = this might be a great stop for anyone going to the Owners rally in Nashville next year.  Thanks for the info...
Jack
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: